User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Default actions caused by dreams any one else have experience?

no it's not sleep paralysis because I can move just fine. you know when you wake up from a dream* and are convinced it's true. You're awake so you're no longer dreaming what's this call? because maybe once 3-5 months something like this happens

i briefly thought my computer was a bomb so i panicked, and moved, and unplugged it. then I got so far across the room and realize it was connected to a program that I'd be fine til the next time i used it so i went back to sleep. woke up and realize it was one of the groggy states i was in and that it was not a bomb at all.

and it wouldn't be a thing if I didn't carry out actions, but the fact that I act on the belief makes me wonder if it's normal and who else experenices this

*honestly I don't know if I'm waking up or falling asleep, it's just easy to describe this as though I had been dreaming.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Glamour puss with a tan Raffaella's Avatar

Are you talking about hypnopompic hallucinations?
    Night is another candle
    Likes prplchknz liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptive View Post
    Are you talking about hypnopompic hallucinations?
    possibly. not sure. but it's the best answer so far.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    possibly. not sure. but it's the best answer so far.
    It's quite an experience. You think you're completely awake and you start your day but something drastic and unusual occurs that alerts you to the fact that it's a "dream". The opposite is hypnogogic where you think you're falling asleep but your mind confuses you into believing you're getting ready for sleep.
    Night is another candle

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptive View Post
    It's quite an experience. You think you're completely awake and you start your day but something drastic and unusual occurs that alerts you to the fact that it's a "dream". The opposite is hypnogogic where you think you're falling asleep but your mind confuses you into believing you're getting ready for sleep.
    I'm not asleep. I am in fact awake. tbt I'm not even sure if I was asleep before that or just falling asleep. I'm hoping I had already been asleep and just woke up briefly
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    yupp

@Deceptive I re-read the article and you're probably right. But I was fully conscious like i was aware of what I was doing and wasn't confused I just thought my computer was a bomb and I didn't want to die. but it was extremely close to sleep so it probably was hypnopompic. you saying i was dreaming was what threw me off cuz I was no longer in a dream at that point. anyone would've tried to get rid of it if they thought something was a bomb. and the reason i stopped with moving it *I got to the door* was I thought that it would go off once I used a certain program and ate that pointed I wanted to sleep and so instead of dealing with it then I decided to sleep and deal with it in the morning. then when I woke up I realized my mistake.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

Ah I think that has happened to me.

I wake up a lot and think that a hanging coat is actually a person.

Another time I thought there was something in my blankets one time, dug around in there until I woke myself up fully/didn't find anything.

A lot of the times I wake up and am disoriented by the position of the windows in the room, like my bed has been rotated 90 degrees and I can't figure it out...

It is always in the middle of the night for me.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.
    Likes prplchknz liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I've definitely woken up and been disoriented for a few minutes but I don't think I've ever acted on it- it usually goes away before I can get far. I think it's pretty common but it affects some people moreso than others.

I didn't realize until @Deceptive mentioned it that the states leading into and out of sleep are not the same thing- I've been calling them all hypnogogic states, but that's apparently just leading into sleep. Leading out of sleep is a hypnopompic state. I've had a couple of really scary hypnopompic experiences. Each time I thought I was 100% awake while it was happening but then I came out of it and realized I had been in the twilight zone.
    Likes prplchknz, Raffaella liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Ah I think that has happened to me.

I wake up a lot and think that a hanging coat is actually a person.

Another time I thought there was something in my blankets one time, dug around in there until I woke myself up fully/didn't find anything.

A lot of the times I wake up and am disoriented by the position of the windows in the room, like my bed has been rotated 90 degrees and I can't figure it out...

It is always in the middle of the night for me.
    yes the whole, I thought i fell asleep somewhere else fuck, I have to get home, oh I'm gonna be in so much trouble how am I gonna explain this? I don't have a car. shit! oh wait I am home. phenomem.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I've definitely woken up and been disoriented for a few minutes but I don't think I've ever acted on it- it usually goes away before I can get far. I think it's pretty common but it affects some people moreso than others.

I didn't realize until @Deceptive mentioned it that the states leading into and out of sleep are not the same thing- I've been calling them all hypnogogic states, but that's apparently just leading into sleep. Leading out of sleep is a hypnopompic state. I've had a couple of really scary hypnopompic experiences. Each time I thought I was 100% awake while it was happening but then I came out of it and realized I had been in the twilight zone.
    What happened in those hallucinations, if you don't mind my asking?

I had a hypnopompic hallucination in which I was lead to believe it was the day of my exam. When I woke up, I panicked, thinking I had slept through my exam but then realised it was just the day before. I can still feel the relief I felt that day.
    Night is another candle