• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

actions caused by dreams any one else have experience?

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm just amazed that everyone here can remember their dreams.

Raffaella

bon vivant
I'm just amazed that everyone here can remember their dreams.

That's like my sister, she doesn't remember any dream and was surprised that I used to have a dream journal (dorky).

It's a matter of skill, quality and quantity. If you have many dreams or dreams that affect you deeply, you're more likely to remember them. However, research suggests that if you make a conscious effort to remember your dreams and write them down as soon as you awake, it improves your ability to recall dreams.

You should try it for a week or two and see what happens.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's like my sister, she doesn't remember any dream and was surprised that I used to have a dream journal (dorky).

It's a matter of skill, quality and quantity. If you have many dreams or dreams that affect you deeply, you're more likely to remember them. However, research suggests that if you make a conscious effort to remember your dreams and write them down as soon as you awake, it improves your ability to recall dreams.

Yeah but research also suggests that as you "recall memory", you are actually dreaming at the same time, so it's not 100% accurate anyway and will always change. I don't know how photographic memory works, so I don't even know how that ties in.

I can understand that one has more clarity and be able to recall right after one wakes up to make notes, sure. However, it is quite normal not to be able to recall memories of a dream, because it happens in a different part of the brain. So that alone to me, suggests that the person able to recall with such clarity in the dream was not in the normal typical state of mind/mode while dreaming was taking place, but something else was going on, which appears like a normal dream.

I'll add, that we don't know everything there is to know, but so far that is what has been suggested.

So I find this interesting and unusual compared to myself.

Raffaella

bon vivant
the person able to recall with such clarity in the dream was not in the normal typical state of mind/mode while dreaming was taking place, but something else was going on, which appears like a normal dream.

Hmmm, interesting, thanks - I obviously need to do more research on this.

I thought being able to recall dreams was normal and I assume when people talk about dream recall, it's segments or scenes not the entire dream since we dream many times and they mesh together. :shrug:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

I never keep a dream journal, and I don't tell all my dreams, but some how I remember most of them. and when I do tell them I'm unable to do it justice like I know how it is but stuff gets left out and so it's not as epic to you because I can't recreate the epicness

Raffaella

bon vivant
I never keep a dream journal, and I don't tell all my dreams, but some how I remember most of them.

Yeah, some people are naturally better at it. I kept one so I could strengthen my lucid dreaming skills and suffer from less nightmares. I think it'd be helpful to read into dreams, REM sleep and levels of consciousness.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't have hypnopompic hallucinations, but do experience hypnagogic ones - right before you fall asleep. I like them because it means I'm not going to be lying awake much longer, which I can for hours because I live on a street that's busy all night.

In my dreams, I've learned how to do magic out of frustration with compromising dream physics. In a world where my legs and voice can stop working for no reason when there's a tiger chasing me through my elementary school, there is no reason why I can't teleport or turn the tiger into a snuffbox. I've become good at averting potential nightmares this way. :wizfreak: