First 123

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

I'm just amazed that everyone here can remember their dreams.

Glamour puss with a tan Raffaella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    I'm just amazed that everyone here can remember their dreams.
    That's like my sister, she doesn't remember any dream and was surprised that I used to have a dream journal (dorky).

It's a matter of skill, quality and quantity. If you have many dreams or dreams that affect you deeply, you're more likely to remember them. However, research suggests that if you make a conscious effort to remember your dreams and write them down as soon as you awake, it improves your ability to recall dreams.

You should try it for a week or two and see what happens.
    Night is another candle
    Likes johnnyyukon liked this post

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptive View Post
    That's like my sister, she doesn't remember any dream and was surprised that I used to have a dream journal (dorky).

It's a matter of skill, quality and quantity. If you have many dreams or dreams that affect you deeply, you're more likely to remember them. However, research suggests that if you make a conscious effort to remember your dreams and write them down as soon as you awake, it improves your ability to recall dreams.

Yeah but research also suggests that as you "recall memory", you are actually dreaming at the same time, so it's not 100% accurate anyway and will always change. I don't know how photographic memory works, so I don't even know how that ties in.

I can understand that one has more clarity and be able to recall right after one wakes up to make notes, sure. However, it is quite normal not to be able to recall memories of a dream, because it happens in a different part of the brain. So that alone to me, suggests that the person able to recall with such clarity in the dream was not in the normal typical state of mind/mode while dreaming was taking place, but something else was going on, which appears like a normal dream.

I'll add, that we don't know everything there is to know, but so far that is what has been suggested.

So I find this interesting and unusual compared to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    the person able to recall with such clarity in the dream was not in the normal typical state of mind/mode while dreaming was taking place, but something else was going on, which appears like a normal dream.
    Hmmm, interesting, thanks - I obviously need to do more research on this.

I thought being able to recall dreams was normal and I assume when people talk about dream recall, it's segments or scenes not the entire dream since we dream many times and they mesh together.
    Night is another candle

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptive View Post

I never keep a dream journal, and I don't tell all my dreams, but some how I remember most of them. and when I do tell them I'm unable to do it justice like I know how it is but stuff gets left out and so it's not as epic to you because I can't recreate the epicness
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I never keep a dream journal, and I don't tell all my dreams, but some how I remember most of them.
    Yeah, some people are naturally better at it. I kept one so I could strengthen my lucid dreaming skills and suffer from less nightmares. I think it'd be helpful to read into dreams, REM sleep and levels of consciousness.
    Night is another candle

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

I don't have hypnopompic hallucinations, but do experience hypnagogic ones - right before you fall asleep. I like them because it means I'm not going to be lying awake much longer, which I can for hours because I live on a street that's busy all night.

In my dreams, I've learned how to do magic out of frustration with compromising dream physics. In a world where my legs and voice can stop working for no reason when there's a tiger chasing me through my elementary school, there is no reason why I can't teleport or turn the tiger into a snuffbox. I've become good at averting potential nightmares this way.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]
    Likes prplchknz liked this post