User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 27

  1. #11
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deceptive View Post
    What happened in those hallucinations, if you don't mind my asking?

    I had a hypnopompic hallucination in which I was lead to believe it was the day of my exam. When I woke up, I panicked, thinking I had slept through my exam but then realised it was just the day before. I can still feel the relief I felt that day.
    Both times I was taking a nap on a sofa. The first time, I think I was 16 or so. I was alone at home, woke up from a nap at about dusk and felt a presence in the room. It was a child, playing on the carpet in front of me, but I couldn't see it. I could hear its footfalls and laughter, though. I pretended to still be asleep and didn't move. Then the presence came up to the sofa and started pushing on it, and the sofa started to collapse in on itself and swallow me. I was terrified but I couldn't scream or move. When the sofa had almost enclosed me entirely I snapped out of the hallucination (and I guess really woke up fully).

    The second time was maybe a year or two later, and it was very similar, also napping alone in the house at about dusk, but in another house on another sofa, and instead of making the sofa collapse, the presence made it float up towards the ceiling, and I snapped out of it right before I was smushed between the sofa and the ceiling.

  2. #12
    Male johnnyyukon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,839

    Default

    Dreams are some mysterious thangs.

    They've led to actions, but not immediate. Like some stress or confusing situation was going on, but all the dots connected in the dream, I woke up remembered it like, "Oh shit, THAT'S the reality of things."

    Can't think of any examples off the bat but I had an ex-gf cheat on her boyfriend with me, and a week later he kept waking up at like 4am convinced something was "off" and told her he had a vivid dream that she cheated on him with me. Which was true.

    I'd say weird, but connecting the dots in dreams happens to me frequently. And DOES lead to action, often.

    But this probably isn't what you're talking about.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

    Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

  3. #13
    Glamour puss with a tan Raffaella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    848

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Both times I was taking a nap on a sofa. The first time, I think I was 16 or so. I was alone at home, woke up from a nap at about dusk and felt a presence in the room. It was a child, playing on the carpet in front of me, but I couldn't see it. I could hear its footfalls and laughter, though. I pretended to still be asleep and didn't move. Then the presence came up to the sofa and started pushing on it, and the sofa started to collapse in on itself and swallow me. I was terrified but I couldn't scream or move. When the sofa had almost enclosed me entirely I snapped out of the hallucination (and I guess really woke up fully).

    The second time was maybe a year or two later, and it was very similar, also napping alone in the house at about dusk, but in another house on another sofa, and instead of making the sofa collapse, the presence made it float up towards the ceiling, and I snapped out of it right before I was smushed between the sofa and the ceiling.
    Freaky, really freaky. It reminds me of one I had when I was 11 years and the suffocating sensation you get. I prefer hypnogogic hallucinations because you sort of sense your delirium.


    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    Dreams are some mysterious thangs.

    Can't think of any examples off the bat but I had an ex-gf cheat on her boyfriend with me, and a week later he kept waking up at like 4am convinced something was "off" and told her he had a vivid dream that she cheated on him with me. Which was true.
    That's actually quite amazing (not for him, obviously). His subconcious deuced her infidelity and fed it to him in a dream; just shows that there really is a layer of consciousness we're privy to. Imagine how empowered we'd be if we could access it? Goodbye typology systems.
    Night is another candle

  4. #14
    Male johnnyyukon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deceptive View Post
    Freaky, really freaky. It reminds me of one I had when I was 11 years and the suffocating sensation you get. I prefer hypnogogic hallucinations because you sort of sense your delirium.




    That's actually quite amazing (not for him, obviously). His subconcious deuced her infidelity and fed it to him in a dream; just shows that there really is a layer of consciousness we're privy to. Imagine how empowered we'd be if we could access it? Goodbye typology systems.
    He's not convinced though, and she gives me updates (happened very recently). She denied it and seems she's smoothed it over, but we'll see what he does with these "something's wrong" feelings. Dreams aren't exactly admissible in court.

    But yeah, he must be some kind of intuitive as I get those feelings in the waking hours.

    Read this today, but not the first time:

    "ENTPs quickly understand a concept or situation without knowing why"

    It took me awhile to trust this instinct, because the feeling comes WELL before the facts, but I've learned I'm rarely wrong about such things.

    And if you know how to interpret dreams (it's not hard, it has nothing to do with what's going on in the dream, just how a the stuff in it makes you feel) and take them seriously, it's a whole other level of perception, epiphanies, and vision.

    Now where the hell is my pen so I can write this fresh-on-my-mind dream down? Oh well, I'm sure I'll remember later. haha.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

    Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

  5. #15
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,774

    Default

    What if you don't remember the dream or if you were even dreaming that led to the action? I have no proof that I was actually asleep before it happened. most of you have a vivid dream connect it to, I don't. so does that mean I was asleep? most of the time there is a dream but most recent one their wasn't.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    690

    Default

    There was one time where I woke up in an alert state. Right after waking up I heard a deep, low shout. I cannot remember if I could move or not. I imagine if I couldn't move, then it'd be sleep paralysis. I've definitely had some sleep paralysis experiences - those suck.

  7. #17
    Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy Comeback Girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    yolo Ni
    Posts
    591

    Default

    That happens to me all the time. A few days ago I had this dream where I made a prediction that someone I knew was going to die and that this prediction came true. When I woke up, I actually believed for half a minute that this person was actually dead. But sometimes it does take a little less long to realize it was all a dream. Yesterday I had this dream where I was kidnapped by The Situation (who was dressed up as Braveheart for some reason) and that when I was released, clothes were out of style and everyone walked around in Speedos with condoms pasted to their nipples. I think I realized almost right away that this was fake. But then again, I always stay in bed for at least ten minutes after I wake up, so I get no time to do crazy shit.
    Ewww is the new sexy


    Hi! Ask me things, maybe I'll answer them! Just click here

    And here's my functions: Se-Te-Fi-Fe-Ni-Ti-Ne-Si


  8. #18
    Glamour puss with a tan Raffaella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    848

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    But yeah, he must be some kind of intuitive as I get those feelings in the waking hours.

    Read this today, but not the first time:

    "ENTPs quickly understand a concept or situation without knowing why"

    It took me awhile to trust this instinct, because the feeling comes WELL before the facts, but I've learned I'm rarely wrong about such things.

    And if you know how to interpret dreams (it's not hard, it has nothing to do with what's going on in the dream, just how a the stuff in it makes you feel) and take them seriously, it's a whole other level of perception, epiphanies, and vision.
    .


    Hahaha, I'm pretty sure sensors get them, too but maybe we put more weight on it... if he's not acting on those intuitions, doesn't that mean he's a sensor? You need to monitor his Si and Se levels.

    But, yeah, I agree, it is very easy to interpret dreams. However, I think the only person who can decipher it is the person that experiences it.
    Night is another candle

  9. #19
    Male johnnyyukon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deceptive View Post


    Hahaha, I'm pretty sure sensors get them, too but maybe we put more weight on it... if he's not acting on those intuitions, doesn't that mean he's a sensor? You need to monitor his Si and Se levels.

    But, yeah, I agree, it is very easy to interpret dreams. However, I think the only person who can decipher it is the person that experiences it.
    haha, I have no idea what he is, never met him, no desire to, so I definitely won't be monitoring is Si Se levels, haha.

    And I suppose I meant he's intuitive in a general non-MBTI related way.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

    Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

  10. #20

    Default

    For a short time after my dreams, if I am woken up by an alarm or something external, it will take me time to fully switch into wakeful reality.

    Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Similar Threads

  1. Do any of you have experience with Arrowsmith schools?
    By fidelia in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-06-2014, 09:27 PM
  2. [Ni] does anyone else have this type of mindset
    By whimsical in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-01-2009, 11:16 PM
  3. anyone else have this problem?
    By prplchknz in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-26-2008, 12:54 PM
  4. Measuring self: by dreams? What do you hold dear?
    By white in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 03-14-2008, 10:50 PM
  5. [NT] Any other NTs have a Genius-Crush on Richard Feynman?
    By Usehername in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-14-2007, 02:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO