User Tag List

123 Last

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Default How would you react to a "big" person? A celebrity?

Lets say you went to a school and the Most Important Person in the school was introduced. Let's say some time went by and (s)he sat in your table. What thoughts would you have? How would you start the converstion? How would you carry the conversation?

Lets say you were involved in a social media site. Now someone claimed they had an alternate account for someone who had 100,000,000 times of watching their video or whatever. They just want to chat with someone. How would you carry the conversation?

Let's say that some person seemed nice. They seemed ok. They would tell their title (or some aspect of it) in an honest manner. Lets's say they said to be a journalist. They would let you assume that something important would be going on. How would you carry the conversation?

Let's say you meet someone online. They said a few smart things. They would not claim much anything about themselves. You would get interested in them. They would still say nothing. You would demand them to state their title and such. They would avoid the question. How would you carry the conversation?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Knowing me I would probably creep on them the whole time but never really talk to them or befriend them. Or, I would talk to them once and have a mediocre conversation and then we would forget each other for a while then meet again awkwardly.

Enneagram

I couldn't even speak to minor Canadian rock star Serena Ryder (when she was even less famous than she is now) when I met her in a mall. I ended up running away, while all her friends laughed at me. And then I got stuck behind an old lady on an escalator, and then her laughing posse caught up to me, and I could hear her trying to shush them between her own stifled giggles.

So if I had to meet anyone more famous than that I'd probably pull a Troy Barnes:

eh, i'm pretty unimpressed by "big" people or celebrities. i'd treat them like i would anyone else, with kindness and respect. i live in a neighborhood where there are some celebrities that live in town. one time i went to the deli where the guy behind the counter and i always joke around. well, in walks sandra oh and we just carried on joking around and basically ignored her because i'm sure she gets tired of fans approaching her. i guess she was a little weirded out that neither of us acknowledged her as she kept looking at us like she couldn't believe we didn't say anything to her. it was just the 3 of us in the deli at the time. i think the counter guy and i were both just trying to give her her space but it must have been a little foreign to her.
    Likes Thalassa liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

I would just avoid a celebrity. I have a strong aversion to celebrity culture let alone being associated with them in some way, so I would exchange pleasantries with said person then return to whatever I was doing.

Besides, in reality most celebrities are assholes...my grandparents lived next door to some high profile celebrities in Sydney for a while, and they constantly took up space on the street, were uncompromising with parking, and naturally invited attention from the parasitical media which meant it was hard to have peace and quiet in the area. Another divorce (aren't they great?) put paid to that though

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Befriend and then get them to buy me things.
    Likes gromit liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Already met some celebrities in real life who are well-known in India - one of them was my first guru in North Indian classical singing, and another is technically related to us after he married one of Mom's cousins a few years ago.

Whenever I meet a celebrity/famous person (and this has been 100% true even in the past), I would treat him/her the same way I'd treat any other ordinary person whom I've just met (in real life or otherwise): first look at their character, and then open up from my shyness accordingly.
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/

Likes Thalassa liked this post

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I dont really care about whether or not a person is a "big person". I mean i know some of the biggest rappers in my country, some best graff painters here, one of the legendary hc punker in the country etc and my mom worker on radio when i was a kid and i learner early on that they are just normal people.. So my reaction isnt really anything more than "oh lol thats him". I respect talent more fame, and i know that fame doesent always correlate with talent..
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I usually avoid/ignore "big name" people. If I liked their work, I'd probably compliment them. Otherwise I'd probably just get a kick out of observing them. If in a mutual conversation with a famous person, I think I basically feel like people are good for mutual enjoyment of information, and notable people happen to often have access to a more rare perspective and to more generally unavailable information. So I would probably try to pick their brain about their area of expertise.

In the first scenario... I think I would ask them about what is interesting in their life. Their hopes, dreams, fears. Same as with anyone else I guess.

In the second case... I'd probably ask them how it feels to have 100,000 views. It'd be interesting to hear.

I'm not sure I understand the third situation. I guess just ask them what interesting things are going on.

In the last scenario I would just talk with them about whatever we find mutually interesting.

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    I usually avoid/ignore "big name" people. If I liked their work, I'd probably compliment them. Otherwise I'd probably just get a kick out of observing them.
    This. It'd be cool to just watch the frenzy around them.

I was at a restaurant where TLC was filming a segment for some reality show. The process behind the lighting, cameras, equipment, timing, personnel, and waivers was all neat to watch.

I snapped a picture of the camera guy. I'm vindictive like that.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics