User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    TiNi
    Enneagram
    5 sp/so

Chances are, I wouldn't even know that the person was a celebrity! That's how "interesting" media culture is to me.
    I'd probably look around at the crowd/etc for a bit and then go back to whatever my original destination/activity was.

with a shrug.
    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Maybe I'd yawn for effect if I could bring myself to if not I'd just silently continue to be deprived of any interest whatsoever in regards to this so called big person celebrity.(To be honest, I'd probably have no idea who they were/that they're important in the first place...)
    Last edited by Corsiva; 09-11-2014 at 04:20 PM.
    In that which is night to all things, therein the self-subjugated remains awake; but where all else is awake, that is night for the knower of the self.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    864 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Desiderium View Post
    I'd just silently continue to be depraved
    That's the best way to go about it.

I wouldn't know who is important at school or on a site, either. Online, I might assume the famous user is a fan or an account made for publicity and not the actual person.

Supposing I did happen upon celebrities, I'd avoid them. After all, they're people.

I didn't understand the part in the OP about a journalist. I've never demanded information from anyone I don't know well. When someone turns secretive and blocks one avenue of conversation, I assume she doesn't want to talk about it. I'm not smart enough to read between the lines or bored enough to play social games, so I drop that part of the conversation.

an abyss of Nothingness Arctic Hysteria's Avatar
    MBTI
    IxFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    Lets say you went to a school and the Most Important Person in the school was introduced. Let's say some time went by and (s)he sat in your table. What thoughts would you have? How would you start the converstion? How would you carry the conversation?
    The more "important" the person is, especially in a school scenario, the less I want to mingle. I'm sure everyone in the whole class would want a piece of that popular figure, so there you go, all yours. Outside of the school, if you bump into me and can be an interesting person in my eye without your fan and interested in getting to know me, then yeah, we can start from there.

Lets say you were involved in a social media site. Now someone claimed they had an alternate account for someone who had 100,000,000 times of watching their video or whatever. They just want to chat with someone. How would you carry the conversation?
    Good for him/her. I don't care for a conversation unless you're Natalie Tran.

Let's say that some person seemed nice. They seemed ok. They would tell their title (or some aspect of it) in an honest manner. Lets's say they said to be a journalist. They would let you assume that something important would be going on. How would you carry the conversation?
    Too bad I follow alternative media channels.

Let's say you meet someone online. They said a few smart things. They would not claim much anything about themselves. You would get interested in them. They would still say nothing. You would demand them to state their title and such. They would avoid the question. How would you carry the conversation?
    I'm apathetic towards people who "say a few smart things" online.

I've got the chance to deal with local and international big names as a part of my jobs. What's the big deal here if somebody with some fame happens to be in the same room with you? Why should their appearance effect your manner or composure? Because their ego hasn't been feed enough? Because their souls are more beautiful or their knowledge is going to blow my mind?
    If they are my personal favorite writer, director, actor or musician, I will for certain observe their mannerism closely but quietly to get to know a bit about them from afar, and that experience alone is enough and will be preserved in my mind forever. I'll be the last person to go and ask for autograph or to tell them how much I admire their work.
    | | | If it is god who makes man, this is the devil finishing touches | | |

MBTI
    -NTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

I was one of the people who made him/her popular, I expect to get respected.
    Don’t get me disappointed.
    Imagine this is the best thing you've ever read.

MBTI
    INTP

nothing...humans are humans are as far I am concerned...
    Good result (vs. Soton)...still have to go #Arsene

Tengo los conocimientos estardiar....no hay un motivo para estar al tanto de la reunión que sucedió hace mucho tiempo ....
    Likes Thalassa liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

I'll say: Hey Big Person! A Celebrity! Yes you. Fuck you!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Whether a person is regarded as a "big" celebrity by others doesn't really affect my view of them. I couldn't care less about the celebrities that society in general is obsessed with; if I met, for instance, Brad Pitt or Beyonce or (God forbid) Kim Kardashian, I would probably say hi and continue on my merry way. I'm just not interested in their work.

If I met an actor or musician I actually admired, I would still treat them like anybody else. I've met a couple of voice actors I really like -- I've always been fascinated with the profession -- and I wasn't nervous or uncomfortable. But then again, voice actors don't seem to be like regular actors; I think their relative anonymity makes them less egotistical. The ones I met were very sweet, humble, and down-to-earth.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

The first time I met a celebrity was a very famous running back. It was on a small boat going out snorkling in Jamaica. People didn't know who he at first was but figured it out on the way back in after the dive. They were fawning all over him after that. I figure that these people are so badgered by everyone that I wouldn't want to make it worse. Give them their privacy. So I didn't say much. The last time I met someone famous was about six years ago. He was a swimmer that won 7 gold medals in the Olympics in the 70s. It was right after Michael Phelps won all those medals and beat his record. I recognized him from being on TV during the Olympics broadcasts. I had been talking to his wife for a while before he came (she was sitting next to me). I guess we talked for a few minutes? Anyway, they're just people too.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639