User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 98

Thread: A theory

  1. #1
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,781

    Default A theory

    What if online you are a different person like your doppleganger comes out and people on here know you as that. But IRL your very different in how you approach things. Does that mean what they're typing you on here is true. Because you aren't being inauthetic it's just a different side of you that you can't express in the real world. Out of fear of being punched or getting the "you just hit my dog" face which kills me. So In real life you're conflict avoidant unless someone pushes you far enough then you will destroy them, but feel extremely guilty even though they deserved it. but on here you're always in conflicts. or if it's a company if you express your feelings they might get made and make things worse so you say nothing. because you don't want to make things worse.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so
    Likes Mademoiselle liked this post

  2. #2
    Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne
    Posts
    5,634

    Default

    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

  3. #3
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    do you see what I'm saying?
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  4. #4
    Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne
    Posts
    5,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    do you see what I'm saying?
    yep! i do. people can behave differently online. some people probably have a bigger split in their internet vs real life selves. but i think both are still a reflection of the individual on some level.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

  5. #5
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    do you see what I'm saying?
    I see. You are acting out your shadow functions online because there are less repercussions than IRL.

  6. #6
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    I see. You are acting out your shadow functions online because there are less repercussions than IRL.
    that's it, so if that's the case wouldn't my type be if (the person who is telling me my type is correct based on the evidence) be the opposite of what they said

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    yep! i do. people can behave differently online. some people probably have a bigger split in their internet vs real life selves. but i think both are still a reflection of the individual on some level.
    yes, so which is more them?
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  7. #7
    Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne
    Posts
    5,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    yes, so which is more them?
    i don't understand your question.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

  8. #8
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    that's it, so if that's the case wouldn't my type be if (the person who is telling me my type is correct based on the evidence) be the opposite of what they said

    - - - Updated - - -


    yes, so which is more them?
    The one you use to interact with people outside the confines of your home is your dominant or preferred personality. The one you use at home is you too but it's weak for RL situations.

    If your shadow is more active in the forum, people will type you as the mirror image of who you really are IRL.

    I consider my outside type as an armor or mask or an interface that I take off when relaxed, feeling safe or at home. I still put it on on those settings easily but I'd prefer not to cause it helps me cool down my main persona and replenish my resources.

    Consider it a muscle system made up of two different muscles. You use the dominant one most of the time but switch to the weak one whenever you can so that the former can recover and the latter can get some practice and stronger.

  9. #9
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    i don't understand your question.
    if they're both you and they're opposites which is the dominant one?
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  10. #10
    Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne
    Posts
    5,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    if they're both you and they're opposites which is the dominant one?
    whichever one you use the most i suppose. or feels most natural.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Similar Threads

  1. Glasser and Choice Theory
    By rivercrow in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-13-2016, 06:42 AM
  2. Music and String Theory
    By wyrdsister in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-16-2012, 09:32 PM
  3. EQSQ Theory and test
    By Sahara in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 03-10-2008, 05:58 AM
  4. [JCF] Leanor Thomson's Theory and INFP cognitive functions
    By heart in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-31-2007, 01:07 AM
  5. Type Theory vs. Temperament Theory
    By proteanmix in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-19-2007, 10:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO