Thread: A theory

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    it's interested how people describe my approach to conflicts irl vs approach to conflicts online and the descriptions are opposites. I get told i'm a definite extrovert and more emotional online while offline i'm told i am most defintely an introvert and more logical. I dunno who's right and perhaps it doesn't matter.irl I'm conflict avoidant online I dive right in
    I however didn't tell you any of that. Perhaps you need to listen to the right people.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    I however didn't tell you any of that. Perhaps you need to listen to the right people.
    I didn't say everyone told me that. don't feel so special. i meant generally.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I don't think I'm that extreme but it's interesting how different people are online vs offline and there's the common theory that more extroverted you appear online the more introverted you are in real life. So I'm wondering because I prefer to make decisions based on empircial evidence and try not to get my emotions involved in the decision making process that my emotions over flow online cuz i don't express them irl. and the thing that I noticed with me if I'm mad about something it's usually not because my feelings were hurt but what the person is doing isn't aligning with who they claim they are. or there's some inconsistency, or they're wrong and i've proven them wrong but they keep insisting they're not. basically it doesn't make sense logically. like if I've given you empircal evidence that you're wrong you should accept because when someone gives me empirical evidence that proves me wrong i apologize and learn something new.
    Honestly prpl you probably aren't that different, you probably, like me, seem extroverted in writing.

I think FPs probably come across more authentically, because unlike IxxJs, we don't have that kind of chart-the-course mentality.

With JTG I think it was more like...I don't think people would imagining him scrubbing tile grout and screaming at kids to get off the tennis court and nitpicking music down to a very specific aesthetic that he liked and saying things like "I'm boring sometimes, people don't know how much goes on inside my head, that's why I know how to say witty things because I think so much"...he showed more of himself in vent, and even more than that one-on-one (it's impossible to keep up a charade 24 hours a day) but his forum presence was largely calculated in some regards (like his blog and his veiled shitty comments to others) ...or actual out of character occasional melt downs.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I didn't say everyone told me that. don't feel so special. i meant generally.
    People are generally wrong about typology. It is the most intellectual abused system of thought I have ever seen.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    yupp

People are generally wrong about typology. It is the most intellectual abused system of thought I have ever seen.
    yes I know, part of the reason for this thread is an explanation why i don't automatically accept everyone's typing of me. I might come to that conclusion down the line and sure people will have influenced it but i'm not gonna blindly agree if that makes sense.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Even in person people in the same group, on the same night, typed me as: ESFP, ENFP, ENFJ, ESFJ, and INFJ.

Then another person who I met in person who is ENFP thought I seem ISFx in person...and someone also typed me as ISFP after seeing a video of me. JTG also thought I was ISFP after getting to know me better.

You cannot type someone without picking their goddamn brain. You have to watch them CLOSELY, you can't just say "oh this person acts stupid/crazy/trouble-making and/or out of control on the forum, must be an ExxP of some sort" ...

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

it's interested how people describe my approach to conflicts irl vs approach to conflicts online and the descriptions are opposites. I get told i'm a definite extrovert and more emotional online while offline i'm told i am most defintely an introvert and more logical. I dunno who's right and perhaps it doesn't matter.irl I'm conflict avoidant online I dive right in
    Yeah I can relate to that. IRL I am usually a bit more cautious and think before speaking, unless I'm in a particularly spunky mood any given day.

I think that I'm more outspoken and aggressive online because I couldn't give a flying fuck about the consequences. This is probably true about 99 percent of the online populace lol.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    Yeah I can relate to that. IRL I am usually a bit more cautious and think before speaking, unless I'm in a particularly spunky mood any given day.

I think that I'm more outspoken and aggressive online because I couldn't give a flying fuck about the consequences. This is probably true about 99 percent of the online populace lol.
    yep but people forget this fact.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

yep but people forget this fact.
    Yeah, well fuck 'em, I guess.

I think the internet is a healthy outlet for people. Before the internet, people had all this shit bottled up; now we have a handy tool to voice all of our insanity and neuroses to the world with little fear of repercussion or punishment. That means we can read insightful, intelligent things from people who otherwise would never have voiced their words aloud, but it also means we have to read every retarded, harebrained opinion from every idiot who feels like sharing.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    Yeah, well fuck 'em, I guess.

I think the internet is a healthy outlet for people. Before the internet, people had all this shit bottled up; now we have a handy tool to voice all of our insanity and neuroses to the world with little fear of repercussion or punishment. That means we can read insightful, intelligent things from people who otherwise would never have voiced their words aloud, but it also means we have to read every retarded, harebrained opinion from every idiot who feels like sharing.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all