User Tag List

First 8910

Thread: A theory

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    he didn't say specifically Te on vent he was talking generally.
    Well he was responding to my post that said I don't show much Te on the forum. So why wouldn't that...? I'm still confused, but ok.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Well he was responding to my post that said I don't show much Te on the forum. So why wouldn't that...? I'm still confused, but ok.
    he just tagged you in general. And I guess the point is unless you're a mind-reader you still might get the person's type wrong cuz a lot of it has to do with inner motivations and reasoning that most of us don't tell others about
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    he just tagged you in general. And I guess the point is unless you're a mind-reader you still might get the person's type wrong cuz a lot of it has to do with inner motivations and reasoning that most of us don't tell others about
    I see. Does chawie type people a lot?
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    yupp

I see. Does chawie type people a lot?
    no no no no. i'm saying you can't really type him on vent cuz he is a character
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

That makes sense -- and I understand how that would work online and in real time. Not so much on the forum, probably.
    Yeah, this particular thing is less of a problem on the forums, but it still doesn't change the fact that my online post it notes just aren't the same as a real discussion. My fingertips can't work as fast as my mouth in articulating my points, for one thing. (I was just thinking about that today).

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I've actually thought about this. It's sort of like that show Catfish on MTV, the people see being online as an escape so make a completely and totally different personality, outlook on life, interests, way of thinking, they could change everything. I'm not even sure which "persona" is the more dominant one - some people could be even showing a hidden aspect of themselves over the Internet.

MBTI
    InFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

Yeah, I think if a person shows different traits online than they do in real life, they could easily be mistyped by others who assume their online personality is what they're usually like.

I don't think I've shown my shadow self/ExTJ side on here, but I do relate to showing different sides of myself online than I do in real life, though the online/offline split is more subtle now than it was in the past. When I was younger I allowed myself to be outspoken and brash online in contrast to my meeker "real" personality, because online interaction didn't feel as real to me as face-to-face interaction (and in some ways, it's not) so I had less self-consciousness and fear of conflict. Part of that was the sense of anonymity, which notoriously can bring out the sides of people that they hide in situations where they have a "recognizable face" and feel vulnerable to external shame.
    Online disinhibition effect

Now I feel self-conscious and filtered both on- and off-line -- I can't really escape the feeling that I have a "face" in most interactions with other people, even when my "real identity" (physical face, full name, etc.) is obscured. I obviously reveal a lot more about myself on this forum than I would to acquaintances and strangers IRL, but there are similarities in how I act - reserved, often reluctant to draw attention except in subtle ways, and mostly self-involved but with occasional hints of interpersonal warmth. There are only a handful of people (all of them in real life) with whom I can express myself spontaneously and naturally.

MBTI
    -NTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Pro, you remain the same person in that case (you = the person who’s so.)..
    But there’s a factor missing either in real life or on the internet, so you can’t be yourself there.
    Finding out that reason will be helpful to understand that person’s personality..
    And if the difference is dramatic then I’d think of it as a disorder.
    Imagine this is the best thing you've ever read.