• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Re: The Banned and the Damned

Mole

Permabanned
Re: The Banned and the Damned

Looking just below the surface of those of us who have been banned, we find a desire to hurt others psychologically.

The desire to hurt others psychologically is slightly mysterious. I mean why would anyone want to hurt the psyche of another?

I don't know the answer, it's a bit like the question of evil, for which no one seems to have an adequate explanation.

Some say it is the acting out of repressed hurt. In other words, our psyche is hurt when we are young and vulnerable and dependent, and in order to suvive we repress the hurt, we hide the hurt even from ourselves.

But nonetheless our unconscious wants to express the hurt and not being able to do it consciously, unconsciously acts it out on others.

I don't know if this is an adequate explanation, but it does seem the desire to hurt the psyche of others takes on life of its own. It has its own joy, it has its own rationalisation, and indeed it even has its own social support.

Mole

Permabanned
Perhaps we should approach the Association of Catholic Exorcists, meeting in Rome as I write.

The Catholic Church's most famous exorcist, Father Gabriele Amorth, says more should be done to fight the devil.

And as we don't know what causes evil on Typology Central, perhaps rather than banning members, we should ask Father Gabriele, or a member of the official Catholic Association of Exorcists, to conduct exorcisms on Typology Central.

Of course there will be members who will claim that exorcism is superstition left over from the belief of Jesus that physical and mental illiness is caused by demons. And indeed Jesus is famous for casting out demons and doing it for free, quite unlike the other exorcists of the day who required payment.

And indeed there will be sceptical members who will claim there is no evidence at all for the existence of demons, and rather than being possessed by demons, the victims are suffering from mental illness.

So are the banned on Typology Central suffering a mental illness or a neurosis, or are they unconsciously acting out on others their own psychological hurt, or indeed are they possessed by demons?

Who knows?

yeghor

Perhaps we should approach the Association of Catholic Exorcists, meeting in Rome as I write.

The Catholic Church's most famous exorcist, Father Gabriele Amorth, says more should be done to fight the devil.

And as we don't know what causes evil on Typology Central, perhaps rather than banning members, we should ask Father Gabriele, or a member of the official Catholic Association of Exorcists, to conduct exorcisms on Typology Central.

Of course there will be members who will claim that exorcism is superstition left over from the belief of Jesus that physical and mental illiness is caused by demons. And indeed Jesus is famous for casting out demons and doing it for free, quite unlike the other exorcists of the day who required payment.

And indeed there will be sceptical members who will claim there is no evidence at all for the existence of demons, and rather than being possessed by demons, the victims are suffering from mental illness.

So are the banned on Typology Central suffering a mental illness or a neurosis, or are they unconsciously acting out on others their own psychological hurt, or indeed are they possessed by demons?

Who knows?

I don't know if there's anyone without an aching pscyhe and soul.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mole has been permabanned for creating a thread with a misleading title.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For a moment I thought a madmin left the original thread unlocked.

What fun would it be.

Mole

Permabanned
I've just seen the movie Deliver Us From Evil. It shows us what happens when a demon gains possession, and how a demon can be driven out by a good Father.

It is based on an actual account of demon possession.

Click on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBxTF_DxN8k

Can an exorcist deliver typology central from evil?

Who knows?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Some say it is the acting out of repressed hurt. In other words, our psyche is hurt when we are young and vulnerable and dependent, and in order to suvive we repress the hurt, we hide the hurt even from ourselves.

But nonetheless our unconscious wants to express the hurt and not being able to do it consciously, unconsciously acts it out on others.

How jungian :D

Jaguar

And the award for best actor in a dramatic series goes to . . .

OrderOfTheCaelifera

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Phew what a relief, for a minute there I'd thought the residents had taken over the asylum LOL.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, I mistook this for the original Banned and Damned thread, and was wondering when [MENTION=21111]OrderOfTheCaelifera[/MENTION] became a mod :laugh:

Generally, can't deny that there's something going on underneath the surface when one 'hurts' another.

One-upmanship is a good aloe vera for the ego. Related, there could also be a sense of separating oneself from the other: "that's clearly not me, so deriding it reinforces that distance."

Not to say that this sort of 'hurt' is always a bad thing, or that it points to a psychosis; especially when it's not verbalized. "I don't want to be like that" or "I don't know what the hell this person is thinking" aren't necessarily unhealthy thoughts.

OrderOfTheCaelifera

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Yeah, I mistook this for the original Banned and Damned thread, and was wondering when [MENTION=21111]OrderOfTheCaelifera[/MENTION] became a mod :laugh:
Bahahaha I've reverted to infrequent glimpsing from the sideline & keeping my opinions to myself but I can't resist occasionally cracking one off.

Mole

Permabanned

Generally, can't deny that there's something going on underneath the surface when one 'hurts' another.

One-upmanship is a good aloe vera for the ego. Related, there could also be a sense of separating oneself from the other: "that's clearly not me, so deriding it reinforces that distance."

Not to say that this sort of 'hurt' is always a bad thing, or that it points to a psychosis; especially when it's not verbalized. "I don't want to be like that" or "I don't know what the hell this person is thinking" aren't necessarily unhealthy thoughts.

Yes, it all depends on the motivation. The motivation may be benign in presenting principled critique, or the motive may be malign in wishing to cause psychological pain.

The problem arises when principled critique is perceived as offensive, so it is very hard to distinguish between malign and benign motives.

So we tend to err of the side of free speech which includes the right to offend.

However free speech is limited by libel laws, anti-discrimination laws, criminal laws, common sense, and the rules of Typology Central.

Mole

Permabanned
Jesus the Exorcist

Jesus is emerging in this thread because there is one thing most agree on and that is Jesus cast out demons. But he didn't just cast our demons, he did it for free, when the other exorcists of the day required a payment.

What this means is that Jesus was a generous exorcist. And this is why exorcism is practised officially and at the hightest levels of Christianity to day - because Jesus did it.

The problem is that exorcism is pre-Enlightenment. Jesus cast our demons because he believed that physical and mental illness was caused by demons, but after the Enlightenment, evidence and reason showed there were other causes, apart from demons, for physical and mental illness.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Universal Synchronicity

The universe is full of strange and terrifying power.

I was viewing "Annie Hall" for the very first time while reading this thread; and right as I read the above post about Jesus performing exorcisms and casting out demons, I looked up at the TV just in time to see a passing shot of a marquee in the movie advertising the flicks "House of Exorcism // Messiah of Evil."

I do not know what this means, nor am I even sure whether it bodes good or ill for Jesus the Exorcist. I just know I'm very uneasy about turning off the lights and going to bed, and I feel like Woody Allen was trying to tell me something. To think that a Jewish humorist is not just teaching me about Jesus but precognosticating a post on a web site 15 years before the Internet and 37 years before the post was written leaves me with a terrible bout of indigestion.

---

In any case, while I don't see any definitive proof of demons, just because we can explain some demon-possession through an understanding of psychological illness still doesn't comment adequately on whether any cases of true demonic possession have ever occurred in history.

Mole

Permabanned
The universe is full of strange and terrifying power.

I was viewing "Annie Hall" for the very first time while reading this thread; and right as I read the above post about Jesus performing exorcisms and casting out demons, I looked up at the TV just in time to see a passing shot of a marquee in the movie advertising the flicks "House of Exorcism // Messiah of Evil."

I do not know what this means, nor am I even sure whether it bodes good or ill for Jesus the Exorcist. I just know I'm very uneasy about turning off the lights and going to bed, and I feel like Woody Allen was trying to tell me something. To think that a Jewish humorist is not just teaching me about Jesus but precognosticating a post on a web site 15 years before the Internet and 37 years before the post was written leaves me with a terrible bout of indigestion.
---
In any case, while I don't see any definitive proof of demons, just because we can explain some demon-possession through an understanding of psychological illness still doesn't comment adequately on whether any cases of true demonic possession have ever occurred in history.

Surprisingly we do know quite a bit about possession from the religion of Voodoo in Haiti.

In Voodoo the believers don't so much pray to their God but become their God.

The Voodooists have rituals that take them to fourth level trances where the difference between reality and imagination disappears, and they become what they imagine.

And I understand the Tibetan Buddhists also have rituals that take them to fourth level trances where they become what they imagine.

What is interesting is that what the Voodooists imagine is different from what the Buddhists imagine.

So in my opinion, the strange and terrifying power can be understood and used safely and productively by learning to enter and leave the trance state safely.

And having learnt to enter and leave the trance state safely, we can start to go down deeper into the levels of trance to the fourth level, where the distinction between imagination and reality disappear, and we become what we imagine.

Otherwise we remain as children on the shore of a vast ocean of strange and terrifying power, over which we have no control.

So without learning how to swim safely in trance, it is better to stay out of the water.

Mole

Permabanned
Addendum

It is not only the Voodooists and the Tibetan Buddhists who use ritual to go down to trance level four where we lose the distinction between imagination and reality, but the Catholics also use ritual to enter trance level four.

Yes, the Catholic Mass is an age-old trance induction, refined and perfected over many centuries.

Yes, the Catholic Mass takes us from being wide awake to the first trance level, then to the second trance level, right down to the fourth trance level.

Some Catholics merely get bored at Mass but many others go right down to trance level four where they can't distinguish between imagination and reality. And for such Catholics at fourth level trance, the bread and wine become literally the body and blood of Jesus.

Yes, the transubstatiation of the bread and wine into the body and blood of Jesus is the climax of the trance induction called the Mass.

And from there we are taken back up the levels of trance from trance level four to trance level one, and then wide awake, with the ritual words by the priest, Go in peace the Mass is ended, answered by the congregation with, Thanks be to God.

And the congregation walks out of the church wide awake.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Actually Freudian, expressed by Dr Alice Miller in her books including, For Your Own Good.

Sounds more jungian than freudian

"In 1980, after having worked as a psychoanalyst and an analyst trainer for 20 years, Miller “stopped practicing and teaching psychoanalysis in order to explore childhood systematically".[10] She became critical of both Sigmund Freud and Carl Jung."

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
(mod note - thread title changed slightly to reduce confusion. Carry on :) )