User Tag List

123 Last

Default Re: The Banned and the Damned

Looking just below the surface of those of us who have been banned, we find a desire to hurt others psychologically.

The desire to hurt others psychologically is slightly mysterious. I mean why would anyone want to hurt the psyche of another?

I don't know the answer, it's a bit like the question of evil, for which no one seems to have an adequate explanation.

Some say it is the acting out of repressed hurt. In other words, our psyche is hurt when we are young and vulnerable and dependent, and in order to suvive we repress the hurt, we hide the hurt even from ourselves.

But nonetheless our unconscious wants to express the hurt and not being able to do it consciously, unconsciously acts it out on others.

I don't know if this is an adequate explanation, but it does seem the desire to hurt the psyche of others takes on life of its own. It has its own joy, it has its own rationalisation, and indeed it even has its own social support.

Perhaps we should approach the Association of Catholic Exorcists, meeting in Rome as I write.

The Catholic Church's most famous exorcist, Father Gabriele Amorth, says more should be done to fight the devil.

And as we don't know what causes evil on Typology Central, perhaps rather than banning members, we should ask Father Gabriele, or a member of the official Catholic Association of Exorcists, to conduct exorcisms on Typology Central.

Of course there will be members who will claim that exorcism is superstition left over from the belief of Jesus that physical and mental illiness is caused by demons. And indeed Jesus is famous for casting out demons and doing it for free, quite unlike the other exorcists of the day who required payment.

And indeed there will be sceptical members who will claim there is no evidence at all for the existence of demons, and rather than being possessed by demons, the victims are suffering from mental illness.

So are the banned on Typology Central suffering a mental illness or a neurosis, or are they unconsciously acting out on others their own psychological hurt, or indeed are they possessed by demons?

Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Perhaps we should approach the Association of Catholic Exorcists, meeting in Rome as I write.

The Catholic Church's most famous exorcist, Father Gabriele Amorth, says more should be done to fight the devil.

And as we don't know what causes evil on Typology Central, perhaps rather than banning members, we should ask Father Gabriele, or a member of the official Catholic Association of Exorcists, to conduct exorcisms on Typology Central.

Of course there will be members who will claim that exorcism is superstition left over from the belief of Jesus that physical and mental illiness is caused by demons. And indeed Jesus is famous for casting out demons and doing it for free, quite unlike the other exorcists of the day who required payment.

And indeed there will be sceptical members who will claim there is no evidence at all for the existence of demons, and rather than being possessed by demons, the victims are suffering from mental illness.

So are the banned on Typology Central suffering a mental illness or a neurosis, or are they unconsciously acting out on others their own psychological hurt, or indeed are they possessed by demons?

Who knows?
    I don't know if there's anyone without an aching pscyhe and soul.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Mole has been permabanned for creating a thread with a misleading title.
    Likes Cygnus liked this post

For a moment I thought a madmin left the original thread unlocked.

What fun would it be.

I've just seen the movie Deliver Us From Evil. It shows us what happens when a demon gains possession, and how a demon can be driven out by a good Father.

It is based on an actual account of demon possession.

Click on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBxTF_DxN8k

Can an exorcist deliver typology central from evil?

Who knows?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Some say it is the acting out of repressed hurt. In other words, our psyche is hurt when we are young and vulnerable and dependent, and in order to suvive we repress the hurt, we hide the hurt even from ourselves.

But nonetheless our unconscious wants to express the hurt and not being able to do it consciously, unconsciously acts it out on others.
    How jungian
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

And the award for best actor in a dramatic series goes to . . .

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Phew what a relief, for a minute there I'd thought the residents had taken over the asylum LOL.

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

Yeah, I mistook this for the original Banned and Damned thread, and was wondering when @OrderOfTheCaelifera became a mod

Generally, can't deny that there's something going on underneath the surface when one 'hurts' another.

One-upmanship is a good aloe vera for the ego. Related, there could also be a sense of separating oneself from the other: "that's clearly not me, so deriding it reinforces that distance."

Not to say that this sort of 'hurt' is always a bad thing, or that it points to a psychosis; especially when it's not verbalized. "I don't want to be like that" or "I don't know what the hell this person is thinking" aren't necessarily unhealthy thoughts.