• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Evolution of the Psyche

Mole

Permabanned
The evolutionary approach has been enormously successful in biology, astronomy and physics, but is little known in psychology. Yes, the evolution of the psyche is little known. And the conditions for the evolution of the psyche are little known.

It seems the psyche is largely formed by child rearing practices, and as child rearing practices have improved with prosperity, the psyche has evolved from the paranoid psyche, to the abusing psyche, to the controlling psyche, to the empathic and creative psyche.

The evolution of the psyche is clearly set our in the History of Childhood by Lloyd deMause.

So the interesting question for us is: where does my psyche fall on the evolutionary line? Or in other words: what child rearing practice was I subject to?

And an interesting social question is: does USA paranoia towards their government and each other, projected through gun culture, tell us anything about USA child rearing practices?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
A famous nazi wrote some interesting things about this evolution and development of psyche

Mole

Permabanned
A famous nazi wrote some interesting things about this evolution and development of psyche

Rather than trying to annoy me, read about the evolution of the psyche in The History of Childhood by Lloyd deMause by clicking on CH 1 pp 1 - 22 - FOUNDATIONS OF PSYCHOHISTORY

And then you might like to read about the origins of the Nazi psyche by Dr Alice Miller, a best selling German author and psychotherapist, by clicking on Adolf Hitler: How Could a Monster Succeed in Blinding a Nation? - The Natural Child Project

Do me a favour, do yourself a favour, and do us all a favour.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Rather than trying to annoy me, read about the evolution of the psyche in The History of Childhood by Lloyd deMause by clicking on CH 1 pp 1 - 22 - FOUNDATIONS OF PSYCHOHISTORY

And then you might like to read about the origins of the Nazi psyche by Dr Alice Miller, a best selling German author and psychotherapist, by clicking on Adolf Hitler: How Could a Monster Succeed in Blinding a Nation? - The Natural Child Project

Do me a favour, do yourself a favour, and do us all a favour.

:----DDDD

Mole

Permabanned
:----DDDD

Imagine if you were interested in psychology: the origins of the psyche, the formation of the psyche, and social archetypes. Then you would have no need to defend an indefensible guru.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Imagine if you were interested in psychology: the origins of the psyche, the formation of the psyche, and social archetypes. Then you would have no need to defend an indefensible guru.

:worthy:
carl-jung.jpg