User Tag List

First 5678 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    I know a lot more about my heritage than you clearly do, and I am proud of it. That it would influence my identity shouldn't be surprising.

I wish to influence who my descendants will be, because I want my grandchildren to look like me and not some drug dealer from Africa.
    And you're clearly a better person for it.

What if they look like drug dealers from New Zealand? Aside from attire and possible physical signs of drug use, how do drug dealers from New Zealand look different from non-drug dealers from New Zealand? If you had to choose, would you rather your grandchildren look like drug dealers from New Zealand or non-drug dealers from Africa?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
    What if they look like a drug dealer from New Zealand? Aside from attire and possible physical sign of drug use, how does a drug dealer from New Zealand look different from a non-drug dealer from New Zealand? If you had to choose, would you rather your grandchildren look like drug dealers from New Zealand or non-drug dealers from Africa?
    A drug dealer from New Zealand, because behaviour is easier to change than genes.

A drug dealer from New Zealand, because behaviour is easier to change than genes.
    I'm not sure what you mean. By changing genes, are you referring to interracial copulation? If so, I would imagine that's easier than changing behaviors or racist attitudes. Old habits die hard. And if your identity is so reliant upon these beliefs, well...that's like a character transplant.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean. By changing genes, are you referring to interracial copulation? If so, I would imagine that's easier than changing behavior or racist attitudes. Old habits die hard.
    You can't change the genes you are born with to the extent we are talking about (yet - that may change in the future), whereas behaviour is, at least to some extent, learned. I actually have one cousin who was a drug addict for five years, she reformed due to pressure and now lives a normal life.

Just one mixed breeding event is damage that may take ten generations to wash out. I will have clauses in my will that any descendants who engage in such activity will be disinherited.

Comparing these two things is ridiculous.

You can't change the genes you are born with to the extent we are talking about (yet - that may change in the future), whereas behaviour is, at least to some extent, learned. I actually have one cousin who was a drug addict for five years, she reformed due to pressure and now lives a normal life.

Just one mixed breeding event is damage that may take ten generations to wash out. I will have clauses in my will that any descendants who engage in such activity will be disinherited.
    But they won't inherit your good name and outstanding reputation. That's kind've harsh for a member of your sacred progeny.

If we didn't have interracial breeding, there would be no Liger. Think about that. Do you really want to live in a world without ligers?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I identify very little with my circumstances. My being and 'self' is fairly separate from my body. If I was a female, it would not matter to me. But I tend to adapt to my circumstances as to which I believe I only feel male because my body is what I want to adapt to. The majority of the time I have no 'feeling' of male but only of myself and only adhere to it when necessary. This is the same as my other external situations. (race, nationality) While it may be different to other people, I also feel like I can adapt my sexual orientation too if the external circumstances and flow provides it.

Comparing these two things is ridiculous.
    So if your descendants married into the white family you would be cool with that, but not with marrying into an elite african family?

This is fine:

This is not:

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

“Whatsoever a man is, is due to his make, and to the influences brought to bear upon it by his heredities, his habitat, his associations. He is moved, directed, commanded, by exterior influences—solely. He originates nothing, not even a thought.”

-Mark Twain

MBTI
    INFp
    Enneagram
    9W1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

I always identified with heavily with circumstance, but a different kind. More "adversary". I've been diagnosed with ADhD, Autism, Bipolar Disorder and Dyslexia. Synesthesia too, so I saw the world in a way nobody else did. They could all have theirs, but my world was mine. I may have been cursed with disabilities, but I drew strength from them.
    When I got off my medication last year -I needed it for ADhD, but it was ruining my life -the rest of my problems went away. I'm not sure if they were caused or worsened by the medication, but by the time I was detoxed, I was stricken with a crippling bout of normalcy. The world i had made for myself was gone, and now I have to live in everyone else's.

I still haven't told nearly any of my friends that though. I'm still gonna pretend to have my circumstance, because it was my identity.