User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    If you don't care about it, then why did you change to iNTP?
    why are you following me around the forum?

I said I didn't care because I wasn't feeling like arguing with you. because you've made up your mind about my type. I've been here long enough to realize that people here think they know me way better than they actually do. and it's just simply easier not to talk about it.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    why are you following me around the forum?
    Because you tickle my funny bone.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Because you tickle my funny bone.
    oh
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    They give me a chance to at least take some pride in who I am, and some of the best life experiences that I've had (sexual/romantic) would've never occurred.
    Wow, was that the only thing they liked about you? To me, that's damning with faint praise.

What would you say the identity of New Zealand is? I know they were the first country to grant women suffrage.

The importance of identity is underrated. Being landed with a fragmented identity is a sure way to drive someone into depression and despair.
    That depends on what you value.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Wow, was that the only thing they liked about you? To me, that's damning with faint praise.

What would you say the identity of New Zealand is? I know they were the first country to grant women suffrage.
    You totally misread my comment. What I was saying was that if i wasn't straight, I wouldn't have experienced the relationships with women that I have. They have been positives generally.

What the national identity here is - if one exists at all - would be another topic in itself. I don't want to get into that.

That depends on what you value.
    If people had nothing that could distinguish them from each other (the left wing version of heaven), everyone would quickly fall into a state of depression and inertia.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    It is controversial, no doubt. And I can get why you'd think that--it isn't like being Japanese, or German, where birthright alone gets you where you are. but I think it's also a part of what makes being a Texan so great. I was born in South Carolina--but I was raised here my whole life. We're not all made up of native Texans, and anyone can put on a cowboy hat and boots--and in fact we encourage that--but we're famous anyways because of that. Cowboys came from and lived all over the US, yet they're particularly famous here. Sure we have a lot of negative aspects that come with the state, everyone does, but overall if you want to be Texan just come be Texan. There are some things that separate us from people who came here of their own accord--we have particular ways of talking and slang language and accents that are unique to the area, and our homes and decor are very particularly.. er.. rustic. But it's a culture one can *become*.. which is a difficult thing to find for most people.

I'm particularly fond of French culture lately in my life, and although I love it--I will always be an outsider for France. I'll never be French, or seen as french, etc. etc. I just wasn't born into that, and nothing I can do will change that. The same story goes for Japanese culture. But.. I can walk in any day of the week and become a Texan and have people accept me for that. It's a great revolving door.
    Being a member of a the national group doesn't improve your lot much, if at all, in the deeply liberal European countries, if what I noticed in London recently is any indication. The city has been pretty much all been bought by extremely wealthy Arabs, Russians and Jews. I assume what you mean is that the identity is exclusive, which is very important if it is to persist. In fact, in Texas your parentage is much more important than in Japan, let alone Germany in determining your future, the only difference is that it is entirely a class/monetary difference which people take somewhat less offense to. That's an aside but important to highlight.

What you need to consider is that if anyone could become French, or Japanese, those cultures would quickly lose what makes them unique. These peoples' identity would be lost, perhaps forever. The Japanese are aware that a culture is the product of (and tied to) the people who created it and their descendants, and hence the latter needs to be preserved for the former to be. This is why they have such a tight immigration system.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

What you need to consider is that if anyone could become French, or Japanese, those cultures would quickly lose what makes them unique. These peoples' identity would be lost, perhaps forever. The Japanese are aware that a culture is the product of (and tied to) the people who created it and their descendants, and hence the latter needs to be preserved for the former to be. This is why they have such a tight immigration system.
    Ah. I don't disagree with that at all actually. If people said they were Japanese despite living there a single year and not really knowing the language or growing up in the area, it sort of defeats the purpose. I understand why I'll never be those cultures--and I respect it--but being someone that appreciates cultures that I will never be a part of.. I am glad that here in Texas it is a kind of culture that I definitely have as a part of me and I can identify with, despite not being born here by birthright. I know many Texans from other cities and countries that are really happy to be here, and assimilate into the culture of this state happily.. it's more flexible than something as concrete as nationality. Even though they could all clearly identify as American now.. they're more likely to say they're Texan, and imply American by association.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

If people had nothing that could distinguish them from each other (the left wing version of heaven), everyone would quickly fall into a state of depression and inertia.
    Based on what? How do you know this to be so? I do notice that having things that distinguish them from others does not always preclude people from being depressed. Not that I can name anyone in particular.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Probably more than I'd like.

I've moved places, been in environments where life was 1000% times easier in every respect, so I definitely think sometimes, your surroundings are against you.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Based on what? How do you know this to be so? I do notice that having things that distinguish them from others does not always preclude people from being depressed. Not that I can name anyone in particular.
    Clearly it takes an INTJ to realise a world where everyone is the same would be insufferably boring.

People can be depressed for all sorts of reasons, and I have never suggested that identity issues are the only reason one can be depressed; only that as identity is what makes you who you are, a conflicting identity or a lack of certain aspects are a cause.