User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

It's quite likely men are slightly more impulsive than women. I haven't noticed that men interrupt more but then, I wasn't looking for it either.

As an aside, I don't mind getting interrupted, what I dislike tho is people who get self righteous over being interrupted. I consider a normal conversation where a person speaks for about 30 seconds and then you can respond. When someone monologues and then pulls the "don't interrupt me" bogart I consider it equally as rude as they consider interruptions.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

I've never actually noticed this. Then again I speak so little I probably wouldn't. To be honest, I find the best thing about talking to women is that it hardly requires me to say anything. Just grunt, nod and make sympathetic noises in the right places and the conversation rolls on just fine.

Admit girls, that's what you really want anyway
    Don't make whine out of sour grapes.

MBTI
    InFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

I haven't noticed this, but maybe I just talk so little that others don't get impatient enough to interrupt me.

When I was younger and more talkative with poor impulse control, I actually had a problem with interrupting others if I got bored with whatever they were saying or if I felt like I got the gist of their idea and wanted the conversation to move more quickly. I turn into a human teapot and steam comes out of my ears if someone interrupts me, so I trained myself to stop interrupting to avoid showing the kind of disrespect and/or impulsivity that annoys me so much in others.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Now that, is one hell of a positive attitude.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I interrupt regardless of gender and based, I think, on how I relevant and valuable I consider my current thought compared to what my interlocutor is about to say. I usually do it to expand on an idea that has just come up, to prove something right or wrong, or to make an important Simpsons reference. Also, I insert words when they are too slow in finding their own. I do expect people to carry on afterwards, but sometimes they feel... interrupted.

I noticed this tendency to get too focused on the flow of ideas and forget about the balance of conversation a couple of years ago. I have since tried to be more mindful of interruptions.
    I do this exact thing for the same reasons.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I do this exact thing for the same reasons.
    I do a little as well.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

I think that men are also raised to believe they are supposed to be more entertaining, impressive, or skillful; in essence, show-offs.

I recall a study basically saying that women love funny men BUT men didn't necessarily like funny women. They DID however like women who appreciated and laughed at their jokes.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I grew up with an older brother who is very extraverted and has Aspergers and I think you had to interrupt to support a two way conversation. At least I notice that now. You can walk away too but that's kind of rude. Anyway, I think it helped formed habits when I was little.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I grew up with an older brother who is very extraverted and has Aspergers and I think you had to interrupt to support a two way conversation. At least I notice that now. You can walk away too but that's kind of rude. Anyway, I think it helped formed habits when I was little.
    Aren't they already being rude by interrupting? If I say - I'm going to finish what I was saying and they continue - I walk away. This doesn't happen too often and I interrupt too but only in certain situations.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Aren't they already being rude by interrupting? If I say - I'm going to finish what I was saying and they continue - I walk away. This doesn't happen too often and I interrupt too but only in certain situations.
    I think if someone isn't allowing you to talk then that's pretty rude. So in that case, walking away seems fine. On my brother, you have to interrupt or redirect the conversation somewhat forcefully at times because he doesn't pick up on social queues that other people would.

Tri-type 639