4 19.05%
  • over 40 normal

0 0%
  • over 40 abnormal

0 0%
12 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Default Is your sleep pattern normal or abnormal?

I'm curious

I want a more involved poll so please elaborate

1.)how many hours a night you get?

2.)do you feel like you get enough?

a.)what factors prevent you from getting more?
    b.)can you do anything to change these

3.) how has your sleeping pattern changed over the years?

4.)anything else you want to divulge?

5.) what time do you go to bed on average and what time do you wake up on average?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

1) 5-6 on weeknights, 8-10 on weekends

2) On weeknights, no. I need 8 to feel well-rested.
    a) I spend too much time on my computer and don't go to bed early enough.
    b) I should go to bed earlier and stop using my computer so much.

3) When I was a teenager my sleep patterns were perfect for me. I would fall asleep around 11 pm and wake up at 7 am, every single day. University screwed this up, because I had to be ready to catch a bus at 7:05 am to get to campus on time for my first lecture.

That said, I would say that my sleep patterns are more 'normal' than 'abnormal' compared to those here who have divulged their patterns in ventrilo, so I vote 'normal'.

5) On weeknights, midnight to 6:00, and then interrupted sleep from 6:00 to 8:00. On weekends sometime between midnight and 2:00 and I get up between 8:00 and noon.
    Last edited by 93JC; 06-30-2014 at 10:42 AM.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

1) I average 8 at the minimum. More than 8 if I sleep at less optimal times (thus less efficient sleep).
    2) Yes (unless I time my sleep very bad -> very inefficient)
    3) As a kid it was just hard to fall asleep early but it wasn't too bad. I remember myself going to bed only at midnight when I was 5, my mother was pleading me and then I finally agreed to go to bed :P.
    Then, as a teenager, I developed DSPS.
    When I started to go to university, no longer needing to wake up at the same time every morning, my sleep pattern became completely irregular. I'd often sleep 10-14 hours during the day.
    When a few years later I started regularly working out, that helped me force a little more regularity. But then I noticed my sleep pattern was not only like DSPS but a mix of DSPS and Non-24. Basically I'd usually go to bed late, but my bedtime would slowly shift to later and later times. Until I ended up going to bed in the morning. Then I decided to not sleep until next evening and the cycle would restart. The cycle would take about a month to complete.
    I'm trying to regulate it a bit better now, I find strong sunlight in the morning helps. Napping 1-2 hours in the evenings also helps to make me sleepy at night. I can't yet say I'm normal now but I've had a few weeks here and there where I was getting up at 9AM regularly (going to bed at midnight/1AM). It was hard to make my DSPS less extreme though, took me over 1 months to adjust it. My sleep cycle is still extremely flexible, I don't have much jetlag even when travelling over continents.
    4) Nah, the above is enough details Just one thing. As soon as I put my head on the pillow, I'm asleep. Even during the day I can do this. Probably to do with the crazy sleeping cycle.

MBTI
    yupp

1.)5.5-7.5 hours
    2.)yeah most of the time, though I'm always dead tired til midnight and my brain is useless, basically me deprogramming a bomb shouldn't happen before 11pm though i can't deprogram bombs but if i could.
    3.)it's gotten better I used to average 3-5 hours when I was younger. and better i mean it's the normal amount
    4.)no
    5.)3:30 or 4- 10:30 or 11. I have attempted to go to bed earlier but I find it takes a week or 2 of waking up early before my body will even begin to consider sleep before 3:30 and it's not over thinking or anxiety it's my body is convinced that it's not bed time no matter how tired I am. when I had to get up around 8 i'd be asleep around midnight
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    Meow
    Enneagram
    :0) so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ne

1. I get 4-6 hours of sleep per night.

2. No. I don't really feel sleepy during the daytime, but I don't feel well-rested either.
    2a. It's partially self-inflicted and partially biological, I guess. I stay up on the computer and watch tv and stuff, but even when I don't do these things I can't really fall asleep.
    2b. I should really switch off the computer and tv and stop staying up to read, but I can't say how much it would actually help. And I'm a light sleeper, so the smallest things can wake me up.

3. I used to sleep really well, getting about 10 hours of sleep a night. Then I entered high school and started getting homework assignments that would keep me up until midnight. I miss the old days

4. Not really.

5. I'm awake up til about 2 a.m. and wake up around 6-8 a.m.

"Be clearly aware of the stars and infinity on high.
    Then life seems almost enchanted after all."
    - Vincent van Gogh

johari/nohari

infp 4w5 ?w? 9w? so=sp>sx

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

7-8

usually

what factors prevent you from getting more?

have to go to work in the morning, can't always sleep in

can you do anything to change these

can't change when I have to go to work, could go to bed earlier so I'm less tired when I wake up.

Usually feel rested when I wake up, so not much of an issue.

how has your sleeping pattern changed over the years?

Go to bed earlier and get up earlier. Back in college, it was typical of me to stay up until 1-2 am.

I wish I could get by on less sleep, then I could get alot more done.

5.) what time do you go to bed on average and what time do you wake up on average?

Go to bed between 11:00pm and midnight

Get up between 7-8 am
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

6-7.5 on weekdays, 8-11 on weekends.

Not on weekdays, and DEFINITELY not on weekdays when I get closer to 6 hours, or less than 6 hours.

a.)what factors prevent you from getting more?
    I want/need more hours in my day than a 9 or 10 pm bedtime would allow for.

b.)can you do anything to change these
    My commute time is set to shorten later this month, so that'll allow me to sleep later. Also I could just go to bed at 10 and get over myself.

3.) how has your sleeping pattern changed over the years?
    I've had to get up earlier for work, so I've been going to bed earlier than I have for a long time.

Nah

Weekdays: 11-12pm bedtime, 6-7am morning
    Weekends: 11-12pm bedtime, 10-11am morning
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    yupp

yay people replied

oh and i guess i should add that though it's hard for me to change my bed time, I find it harder to change my wake up time if i want to wake up later (I can wake up earlier just fine) so lets say I stay up til 6am I'm probably gonna be up and unable to go back to sleep after 11am. it wasn't uncommon in my early-mid 20s to go to bed after 3am and wake up at 7am even though I had nothing to do til noon
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Abnormal, as a direct result of my work though.

4-6 hours is usually enough for me, and I often sleep at different times as I change between morning afternoon evening and night shifts all the time. But every 5 to 7 days I suddenly need to sleep for like 10-12 hours. I've been known to skip nights as well, but I do need to sleep at least 8 hours the next if I want to stay in any decent condition. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

1. 7-8 hours.

2. Yes.

3. In the past I was a night owl, but now I'm an early riser.

4. When people complain that they have trouble with sleep, a lot of the times it's because of their poor sleep scheduling.

5. I'm always in bed by at least 10 pm, and I always wake up at 5 am. No matter the day, weekend or school break. I don't even need an alarm, I'll wake up on my own. But the birds chirping help a great deal in creating a cozy morning atmosphere. To me that's the most perfect, least stress-inducing start of a day there is. If you combine this with reading a good book for an hour before sleeping, and tasty herbal tea, there will be more peace in your life. I find that this helps a great deal in leading a productive life, now if you would excuse me... I'm going to bed!