User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 63

  1. #41
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Ambiverted narcissist here, 3.1 and 100

    I'm actually a little proud of my narcissism score (for obvious reasons I guess)
    Of course you are proud. A real narcissist would be. Many many people with Cluster B personality disorders don't even seek help ever. Narcissists and Borderlines are especially difficult to treat. ASPD maybe more so simply because of the often criminal consequences of their outward manifestation of personality, and histrionics because they get depressed when they feel unloved and we most often seek therapy after romantic break ups.

    Even I rejected my histrionic diagnosis for many years. Then one day I was like wow that does sound like me, and my emotions aren't shallow, people just don't understand!!!111

  2. #42
    eye of the storm magpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,561

    Default

    I got 3.0 on the introversion test, which makes sense. I've always sort of wondered whether I was actually as much of an introvert as most quizzes seem to say so it feels right to be so close to ambivert territory.

    And I hate to be the one to bring this up, but I find the narcissism test flawed to the point where I'm not sure how to interpret it. The statements seem inconclusive somehow? As in, it's hard for me to understand what they're trying to say without context.
    Likes Xann liked this post

  3. #43

    Default

    72 in covert narcissism

  4. #44
    Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni
    Posts
    4,192

    Default

    Extraversion in terms of the magnitude of responses to rewarding behavior. The article's intriguing, at least up until the questionnaire. Then it's just rehashing the relevant Big Five questions and doesn't serve support the more intriguing points of the article. An article like this deserves to end with a bang.

    There are costs to extraverted behavior, however. This includes time and energy that could be invested in other activities, such as accomplishing a goal (conscientiousness) or engaging with ideas and imagination (openness to experience).
    I can see the reasoning, but the five factors are intended to be as independent as possible from one another. (Whether the Big Five meets that goal is another matter.) Right?

  5. #45
    Honeyed Water thoughtlost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Enneagram
    N/A
    Posts
    750

    Default

    *ppphhhhoooommmppp*

    2.45 on the introversion scale (? ....well, sure)

    68 on convert narcissism.

    ...I want ice cream.
    You are so arbitrary.

  6. #46
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Default Scientific Scepticism and Liberal Arts Critique

    A scientific definition of introversion and extroversion is about as useful as a scientific definition of love and hate.

    In both cases we are dealing with the imagination not science.

    However we do have a whole body of work dealing with the critique of the works of the imagination.

    If we had a scientific definition of introversion and extroversion, we would apply scientific scepticism to introversion and extroversion. But we don't apply scientific scepticism, rather we take introversion and extroversion for granted, we have a gullible belief in introversion and extroversion. We are like little children who believe whatever we are told.

    So we don't apply scientific scepticism to introversion and extroversion, and we don't apply liberal arts critique to introversion and extroversion.

  7. #47
    Happy Dancer uumlau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so
    Posts
    5,708

    Default

    ^^ Thus one is gullible to believe in love and hate?
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

    A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

  8. #48
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    ^^ Thus one is gullible to believe in love and hate?
    We are gullible to believe in a scientific definition of love and hate.

  9. #49
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    A scientific definition of introversion and extroversion is about as useful as a scientific definition of love and hate.

    In both cases we are dealing with the imagination not science.

    However we do have a whole body of work dealing with the critique of the works of the imagination.

    If we had a scientific definition of introversion and extroversion, we would apply scientific scepticism to introversion and extroversion. But we don't apply scientific scepticism, rather we take introversion and extroversion for granted, we have a gullible belief in introversion and extroversion. We are like little children who believe whatever we are told.

    So we don't apply scientific scepticism to introversion and extroversion, and we don't apply liberal arts critique to introversion and extroversion.
    The Neuroscience of Extraversion and Introversion | Sam Snyder

    and this is just a fraction of the studies done on the topic
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  10. #50
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    The Neuroscience of Extraversion and Introversion | Sam Snyder

    and this is just a fraction of the studies done on the topic
    And of course we have the neuroscience of religious belief, but this no more establishes the existence of supernatural beings, than the neuroscience of extroversion and introversion establishes their existence.

Similar Threads

  1. Ne Users--Definitions of Extroversion and Introversion
    By j0mm in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-19-2017, 06:28 PM
  2. What definition of I and E do you find most useful?
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-06-2014, 09:11 PM
  3. The Dualistic Nature of ENTJs and ESTJs
    By LunarMoon in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-27-2008, 08:40 PM
  4. Concerns over the scientific wellbeing of Type threads
    By Nocapszy in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 08-29-2008, 10:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO