Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Comeback Girl View Post
    Please tell me this is going to be real. Someday. Preferably tomorrow. I know people like this, they annoy the fuck out of me. I once unfriended a girl because she was like this, always acting happy about boring stuff with this scary smiley face of hers, she kinda looked like Overly Attached Girlfriend but without the sense of humor and with just a hint of caveman. During finals, she even posted this picture of her legs covered in a blanket stating 'Studying for blah blah under my sweet warm little blanket with a nice cup of cocoa with whipped cream #blessed'. I mean, I was stressed the fuck out, the tension even gave me this sick rash and it made me look too hideous to go out of the house, I just can't understand how one can act happy and cheery about finals! That was the exact moment when I hit that unfriend button, so glad I don't have to see her Neanderthal face again. Really, she's the type of person who would, if she ever went into labor, post a status update saying 'Giving birth underneath this cute little blanket with a nice cup of tea #lolcontractions #blessed'. Pretty sure she'd do that. If I'd go in labor, I won't post anything at all and if I'd have to post anything, it would be 'RIP my vagina #literally'.
    Oh whatever welcome to Facebook. My ESFJ sister would give you the shits. As would every single yoga instructor I have ever had. Just wait until you're thirty something and all of your high school friends are trying to sell you on their perfect marriage, children and house. Deep down inside, they know my life is cooler than theirs.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptive View Post
    lol... yes, it's inevitable!

It's making my blood boil just reading it. Do you ever think it's an act?

If that's making your blood boil you have anger problems. Yes, people have moods that you don't. Sometimes they are enjoying their fucking cocoa and blankets when you have a rash. This has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE OP ...they're talking about cheering up people who have low self-esteem.

See aren't you charmed by my unpleasant nastiness.

Glamour puss with a tan Raffaella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    If that's making your blood boil you have anger problems. Yes, people have moods that you don't. Sometimes they are enjoying their fucking cocoa and blankets when you have a rash. This has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE OP ...they're talking about cheering up people who have low self-esteem.

See aren't you charmed by my unpleasant nastiness.
    ...what?

You're taking what I said far too seriously.
    Night is another candle

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    That's called being realistic. It's totally normal and healthy to be realistic. They're specifically talking about people who have low self-esteem.
    Being realistic is usually the reason I have low self esteem.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    Being realistic is usually the reason I have low self esteem.
    No that is being pessimistic. Realists are confident in their strengths and accepting of their weakness. Hating on your self for not being good at everything isn't realistic.

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

Sure. There's a sense that the "cheerer-upper" lacks empathy and/or a complete-enough understanding of the "debbie-downer"'s situation. From the latter's perspective, the former might even be trivializing the problem.

Same thing can happen with advice, especially where there's a useless abstraction/aggregation of what should be done. "You're depressed? I'd try simply not being depressed, if I were you. Problem solved." *wipes hands, walks away*
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics