• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A mind is a terrible thing to use. Waste it here.

Elocute

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Somewhat. I was told to go get a PhD by multiple professors, but I chose a Master's in another related and more immediately lucrative field. In a way, the idea of being a doctor of any sort is a bit scary. That's the pinnacle; it's a long drop down.

Normally, I try hard to get where I want to be. If you're happy being a bar tender, then do it. An unhappy doctor would probably be worse for you and your patients. Personally, it causes a bit of existential anxiety if I don't try to at least come close to potential, however.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's true, only about 10% are alcoholics, but it is this 10% who provide the profit in bars and hotels.

yeah, i don't think so.

Mole

Permabanned
yeah, i don't think so.

We have been studying alcoholism for a long time. A very large number of people drink, and of that large number, numerous studies have found about 10% are alcoholics. This means the sheer numbers of alcoholics are large.

And studies of the amount spent on alcohol find that alcoholics considerably outspend non-alcoholics. And taking into account the margin of profit made on the sale of alcohol, it turns out most of the profit comes from alcoholics.