• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Room for Improvement

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is inspired by [MENTION=20531]yeghor[/MENTION]'s 'What's Wrong With Me?' thread.

people are weird with feedback. i think it might be worse for me since i tend to be viewed as sweet or whatever by others, but i find it's really difficult to get honest outside perspectives on myself. i'm very good at recognizing if a difference in philosophy or approach is the reason behind a critique, but i'm also very aware of the value of the insights of others.

so, i've been around here for a while. what is your perception of me? what might i want to take a better look at in myself? any and all feedback is welcome. i wanna grow!

yeghor

You either don't frequent the forums much or you are somehow distant, or we are not interested in that many common topics due to which we don't run into each other much.

Anyway, my perception is that your interest in the forum flares up and dies down from time to time so that gives me the impression that you come and go and forum is only a miniscule part of your life, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Other then that distantness, I haven't noticed anything peculiar about you.

:)

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The best improvement for you is to purge the devil out by ceasing to listen to that rock'n'roll stuff you new generation of kids are getting into.

Anyway, my perception is that your interest in the forum flares up and dies down from time to time so that gives me the impression that you come and go and forum is only a miniscule part of your life

As yeghor said, being part-time aint good enough to achieve greatness here.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You are funny, playful, kind, friendly, neutral, and insightful. Some people I can give a title to, like political kinfolk, aggressive Libertarian, nice Libertarian, wild card, etc. I don't have a title like that for you, but I see you as someone who is probably well liked irl and someone I'd befriend.

I don't know if the changing avatars might make it difficult for new people to pin you down.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
some people I read their posts and I wish they'd disappear forever off the earth. I don't want you to, also I'm not good at text advice so I give you none, unless i'm confident in what I'm talking about. Really I don't think you need to improve let me think, I'll get back to you. Because there probably is something I just can't think of it.

gromit

likes this
I haven't interacted with you toooo much so I can only say the positive, that you are pleasant and fun and thoughtful!

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You are a genuinely nice person, which I suppose pretty much everyone would agree with. Which means constructive feedback should be very scarce (a problem I wouldn't have :happy2:).

Food for thought - Is that who you aspire to be? Does that help you achieve your goals? Do you wanna add extra layers to your personality?

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=18819]five sounds[/MENTION] I think you come across as too hard on yourself my love.

I think [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] 's old signature said it all
...If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. - Marilyn Monroe

That's a healthy dose of Fi. And cultivating self-confidence and self-trust can improve that.

Just remember you never get it done, and you can't get it wrong. ;)

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You either don't frequent the forums much or you are somehow distant, or we are not interested in that many common topics due to which we don't run into each other much.

Anyway, my perception is that your interest in the forum flares up and dies down from time to time so that gives me the impression that you come and go and forum is only a miniscule part of your life, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Other then that distantness, I haven't noticed anything peculiar about you.
:)
interesting. i feel like i'm on here all the time, but i guess i don't get too into long discussions here very often. we probably are interested in different topics as well. thanks for your feedback :) i've been called distant on more than one occasion.

The best improvement for you is to purge the devil out by ceasing to listen to that rock'n'roll stuff you new generation of kids are getting into.

As yeghor said, being part-time aint good enough to achieve greatness here.

:rock: thanks for the suggestion, but i'mma keep on rockin.

You are funny, playful, kind, friendly, neutral, and insightful. Some people I can give a title to, like political kinfolk, aggressive Libertarian, nice Libertarian, wild card, etc. I don't have a title like that for you, but I see you as someone who is probably well liked irl and someone I'd befriend.

I don't know if the changing avatars might make it difficult for new people to pin you down.

:) thanks darkside. i think i like not having a title. never thought of the avi changing as making me more elusive, but i can see how that might result.

some people I read their posts and I wish they'd disappear forever off the earth. I don't want you to, also I'm not good at text advice so I give you none, unless i'm confident in what I'm talking about. Really I don't think you need to improve let me think, I'll get back to you. Because there probably is something I just can't think of it.
i also don't want you to disappear forever off the earth. :wub:

I haven't interacted with you toooo much so I can only say the positive, that you are pleasant and fun and thoughtful!
thanks gromit! i could say all the same things about you too.

You are a genuinely nice person, which I suppose pretty much everyone would agree with. Which means constructive feedback should be very scarce (a problem I wouldn't have :happy2:).

Food for thought - Is that who you aspire to be? Does that help you achieve your goals? Do you wanna add extra layers to your personality?

@bolded: yeah, that's what kinda prompted this whole thing. it's like you need to be kind of a dick sometimes to get some constructive feedback in this world.
(i really don't think you're a dick, but you probably act a little more dicky than i do, if only for the fact that you're NTP :p)

in response to the food for thought, first of all thank you. just the kind of thing i was looking for. sencondly, is this who i aspire to be? yes. i naturally care for people and believe i'm being true to myself in being genuinely nice. it absolutely helps me achieve goals, people like people who are nice to them. i have good people skills and have always been liked by bosses and things. do i wanna add extra layers to my personality? always. but i find that a lot of layers that i already have are...overshadowed by my "nice, fun, easy going" attitude. those closest to know me know more of my complexities. as i've gotten older, i've tried to integrate them better. not sure how i'm doing though hah.

[MENTION=18819]five sounds[/MENTION] I think you come across as too hard on yourself my love.

I think [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] 's old signature said it all

That's a healthy dose of Fi. And cultivating self-confidence and self-trust can improve that.

Just remember you never get it done, and you can't get it wrong. ;)
i probably am in some ways. i want to be a force for good, i want to live out everything i believe. i want to grow into the best version of myself i possibly can. i've come a long way in the trusting myself and having confidence in myself, and i hope to just keep getting better without going overboard ;)

thanks urari :wub:

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like you. I look forward to your posts.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think you carry a lot of self-doubt around with you and you are probably highly critical of yourself, which is a shame, because you seem to be very intelligent and insightful. You probably spend a great deal of energy trying to help and nurture others while receiving less in return.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like you. I look forward to your posts.
thanks! ditto.

I think you carry a lot of self-doubt around with you and you are probably highly critical of yourself, which is a shame, because you seem to be very intelligent and insightful. You probably spend a great deal of energy trying to help and nurture others while receiving less in return.

hah, this is too good. kinda choked me up a little tbh. trying to kick those habits to the curb while still pushing myself. it's a hard balance to achieve for me. i'm afraid of 'letting myself go' and just kinda meh-ing my way through life. the self-doubt has come a long way, but yeah it still creeps up and holds me back from time to time. i like to think i'm moving in the right direction on that front.

i don't mind spending my energy helping and nurturing others though. it's really what i enjoy doing most. i also spend lots and lots of time on my own interests, so that's how i balance it out. i love and nurture myself too. (thank goodness i'm a core 7, haha!)

thanks fuzzy friend.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
thanks fuzzy friend.

tJcMmao.jpg

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I read this OP when it was first posted, and couldn't think of anything to post, so I took some time to think about it, and I still have nothing. I guess keep doing what you're doing, but do it more? :shrug:

Anyway, I think you're swell.

Edit: Why do awesome people always doubt themselves?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Don't let your self doubt govern you. This seems to be a pitfall that is all too common for NFPs. At some point you need to stop worrying and just take risks. Think of it as being a kid on a really high diving board for the first time. Once you take that first leap, you'll feel a strong sense of relief and exhilaration and it will be that much easier to take the dive the next time around. Things may not always go your way, but you'll never know until you try. Better to have a life full of a million glorious failures then a lifetime of should'ves, could'ves and would'ves.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Don't let your self doubt govern you. This seems to be a pitfall that is all too common for NFPs. At some point you need to stop worrying and just take risks. Think of it as being a kid on a really high diving board for the first time. Once you take that first leap, you'll feel a strong sense of relief and exhilaration and it will be that much easier to take the dive the next time around. Things may not always go your way, but you'll never know until you try. Better to have a life full of a million glorious failures then a lifetime of should'ves, could'ves and would'ves.

Not bad at all, for a SP :)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't really read the op like there's some self doubt there but.maybe people are reacting to other stuff you've.posted that i haven't seen.

i totally relate to just wanting a mirror or to see yourself as others see you. it's fascinating just the idea that everyone has their own perception of you.

my perception is that you're becoming.more you than you've allowed yourself to be in the past. rather that was from trying to please your parents or having some notion of how you were supposed to be but now you get that that's all made up bullshit and doesn't have to apply to you.

i think you're beautiful, charming and ultra chill.

i think just really defining what you want out of.life and realizing your particular special gifts will quiet some of your restlessness.

as far as big stuff to work on i haven't seen it yet. i don't know how you are in arguments. i don't know if you take things too personally or are bad at accepting fault or apologizing or any of that stuff.

so i guess just trying to dig deep about that stuff will help.

wildflower

i don't think i've read many of your posts but when i have you always come off as insightful and kind. :)

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
you're spread thick in all the right places, i often find myself admiring the tact by which you navigate - all while remaining both informed and pronounced. it's something i've struggled with all my life.

so again, no critique here, i can only look up.

yeghor

I've thought more about it and I think the distantness I feel is due to some kind of detachment. You "appear" to be here and engaging yet I somehow feel you remain distant and I am interacting with your front rather than your core.