User Tag List

First 123 Last

I think you carry a lot of self-doubt around with you and you are probably highly critical of yourself, which is a shame, because you seem to be very intelligent and insightful. You probably spend a great deal of energy trying to help and nurture others while receiving less in return.
    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    I like you. I look forward to your posts.
    thanks! ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    I think you carry a lot of self-doubt around with you and you are probably highly critical of yourself, which is a shame, because you seem to be very intelligent and insightful. You probably spend a great deal of energy trying to help and nurture others while receiving less in return.
    hah, this is too good. kinda choked me up a little tbh. trying to kick those habits to the curb while still pushing myself. it's a hard balance to achieve for me. i'm afraid of 'letting myself go' and just kinda meh-ing my way through life. the self-doubt has come a long way, but yeah it still creeps up and holds me back from time to time. i like to think i'm moving in the right direction on that front.

i don't mind spending my energy helping and nurturing others though. it's really what i enjoy doing most. i also spend lots and lots of time on my own interests, so that's how i balance it out. i love and nurture myself too. (thank goodness i'm a core 7, haha!)

thanks fuzzy friend.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    thanks fuzzy friend.

Enneagram

I read this OP when it was first posted, and couldn't think of anything to post, so I took some time to think about it, and I still have nothing. I guess keep doing what you're doing, but do it more?

Anyway, I think you're swell.

Edit: Why do awesome people always doubt themselves?

Don't let your self doubt govern you. This seems to be a pitfall that is all too common for NFPs. At some point you need to stop worrying and just take risks. Think of it as being a kid on a really high diving board for the first time. Once you take that first leap, you'll feel a strong sense of relief and exhilaration and it will be that much easier to take the dive the next time around. Things may not always go your way, but you'll never know until you try. Better to have a life full of a million glorious failures then a lifetime of should'ves, could'ves and would'ves.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    Don't let your self doubt govern you. This seems to be a pitfall that is all too common for NFPs. At some point you need to stop worrying and just take risks. Think of it as being a kid on a really high diving board for the first time. Once you take that first leap, you'll feel a strong sense of relief and exhilaration and it will be that much easier to take the dive the next time around. Things may not always go your way, but you'll never know until you try. Better to have a life full of a million glorious failures then a lifetime of should'ves, could'ves and would'ves.
    Not bad at all, for a SP
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i don't really read the op like there's some self doubt there but.maybe people are reacting to other stuff you've.posted that i haven't seen.

i totally relate to just wanting a mirror or to see yourself as others see you. it's fascinating just the idea that everyone has their own perception of you.

my perception is that you're becoming.more you than you've allowed yourself to be in the past. rather that was from trying to please your parents or having some notion of how you were supposed to be but now you get that that's all made up bullshit and doesn't have to apply to you.

i think you're beautiful, charming and ultra chill.

i think just really defining what you want out of.life and realizing your particular special gifts will quiet some of your restlessness.

as far as big stuff to work on i haven't seen it yet. i don't know how you are in arguments. i don't know if you take things too personally or are bad at accepting fault or apologizing or any of that stuff.

so i guess just trying to dig deep about that stuff will help.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison
    Likes five sounds liked this post

i don't think i've read many of your posts but when i have you always come off as insightful and kind.

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

you're spread thick in all the right places, i often find myself admiring the tact by which you navigate - all while remaining both informed and pronounced. it's something i've struggled with all my life.

so again, no critique here, i can only look up.

I've thought more about it and I think the distantness I feel is due to some kind of detachment. You "appear" to be here and engaging yet I somehow feel you remain distant and I am interacting with your front rather than your core.