• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sleep Positioning and revelance to Personality

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Pure starfish reporting in

1. Starfish position - Are good listeners who makes friends easily.
2. Prefer not to be the center of attention.
3. Offer help when needed.
4. Are confident and optimistic.
5. Are not particularly keen on planning or scheming.
1. No.
2. Often I do. Sometimes I don't.
3. Mostly.
4. Sure.
5. I am. Following through is the problem.

Very questionable results. Can you post the sources or studies, [MENTION=13440]Eluded_One[/MENTION]?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I still don't think my sleeping position is my personality

Best post in the thread.

Seriously, if you look at those descriptions, it is a lot like a horiscope. Try and pick the description that fits you most instead of the position.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Best post in the thread.

Seriously, if you look at those descriptions, it is a lot like a horiscope. Try and pick the description that fits you most instead of the position.

yup, I was like well i could be filmed sleeping in any of these posititions and i could find enough instances that I came across like any of those descriptions to think that was me.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
C and A but occasionally B and E or maybe all 4 every night. I don't know, I'm sleeping.

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There's research being done on the body positioning during sleeping and it's correlation on how it resonates our personality.

Correlation does not imply causation.

Here are some other correlations:

In general, 69 percent of people say the person they are in love with is in love with them. But among those who subscribe to one or more magazines, 86 percent say the person they are in love with is in love with them.
In general, 58 percent of people have discharged a firearm. But among those who find women with pencil-thin eyebrows to be suspicious, 72 percent have discharged a firearm.
In general, 29 percent of people like Robin Williams better in his serious roles than his funny roles. But among those who don't enjoy popping bubble wrap, 50 percent like Robin Williams better in his serious roles.
In general, 68 percent of people would rather compete on "Jeopardy" than "Wheel of Fortune." But among those who like mobster movies, 83 percent would rather compete on "Jeopardy" than "Wheel of Fortune."

They're terrible scientists if they're chasing after a correlation that has no causation to give it relevance. A correlation is literally just an examination of the way two random variables are connected. You can show a correlation between the speeds that different flavors of ice cream melt and what cycle of the moon it is, because "showing a correlation" is literally just examining those two things and coming up with how they're statistically related. That statistical relation can be completely unrealistic, because the realism of the correlation -- the causation of the correlation -- isn't a factor in the correlation itself.

So basically, these guys are getting paid to literally waste their time doing pointless science.

violett

I sleep curled in a fetal position on my left side, I doubt it correlates to personality.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I can only sleep on my back D and F, mostly F. C(on my left side) helps me to get in the mood of sleeping, but i need to turn on my back in order to actually fall asleep. Also sometimes i might lay on my right side in something like A, but cant do it for long and its more like before i do C, like preparing for the preparing position :D

I dont think any of the types fit better for me any better than another one, what would fit me the best is if i could pick one attribute from each..

TreeBob

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I do the Yearner, but since I can't see myself sleep it could be a fetal. Either way, I don't think it correlates very well to my personality.

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So basically, these guys are getting paid to literally waste their time doing pointless science.

I'm fairly sure it's of no contribution to science, but some person or organization will make a load of money off this. It's not intended to be taken that serious. After all, it's pop science.

Chuffney

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3/8
Instinctual Variant
so
Only a handful of the public ever quote legitimate scientific studies. Find something that applies to the mundanity of their afternoon tea or bedtime routine and it is guaranteed to explode in masses of interest.

As for my position, I am unsure. More often than not I find myself unconscious while sleeping.

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse
I kick and hit people in my sleep, and I throw with my blankets/pillows/stuffed animals. What does this say about me?

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I sleep in all of these positions, but my most common one is more like a sideways sarcophagus. Which isn't listed. I like to sleep with arms around my face and neck. I am just weird. I also love it when my cat curls up next to my face. But I also need to move a lot while sleeping.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Fetal is the one I always sleep in, and that's super me. I toss and turn constantly cause I have trouble getting uncomfortable. I sleep with plushies and I use them to height to my pillow or simply to cuddle with.

rav3n

On my back, arms next to me. Unless I'm trying to force myself to go to sleep, there's no tossing or turning. When I lived on my own, it took around three light pulls on my blankets and sheets, to make my bed.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I tend to sleep in the fetal position and I ether fall asleep instantly or toss and turn for over then hour no Inbetween. I toss and turn on hyper or anxious nights and fall asleep straight away on happy and calm nights.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
mostly c and a...

i also fall asleep in stupid positions that no chart would consider including...

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mostly d, and this part of the description does not apply:

Are preoccupied with their physical appearance.
Like to be at the center of attention.

I am also very sensitive to noise, light, and touch when trying to fall asleep. Any of these can keep me awake, with the exception of quiet and carefully chosen music or nature sounds.