• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Depth Psychology: Psychology of the Whole

hacbad macbar

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
It's time for a psychologic of the Whole Person. This take the form of a new (holistic) perspective on psychology that brought behavior, cognition, and consciousness together in a dialectical relationship. A psychology of the whole person integrates body, mind, and psyche, and embraces a diversity of techniques and approaches to include the imaginal realm.

Clinicians view the body as independent of the mind, integrated with the mind, and as a representations of subtle (energetic) body.

In Western culture, the body is seen as something to be controlled by the mind. Movement from a mind-body dualism is a future in health care.
It's about an integral approach to trauma - the mind, body, and psyche, rather than a top-down or bottoms-up approach to healing, process viewed as circular, with dualities of inner and outer, mental and physical and similar.

Depth psychology collaborates with neuroscience, quantum physics, and metaphysics.

The Proud INTP,

Hacbad Macbar

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I dont understand what you are aiming for, but depth psychology Depth psychology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia is much used in the world and in the first psychology courses at least in my country they teached about how body affects psyche and other way around. But depth psychology does not collaborate with quantum physics or metaphysics(it just doesent make sense because quantum biology doesent seem to have effects to psyche, but only on some individual neurons in ways that are largely unknown, how DNA is being processed etc. and quantum biology is such a new area that trying tackle the whole psyche with it is just ludicrous), there are some people( Eric Kandel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia is maybe the most well known ) who try to mix depth psychology with neuroscience tho(neuropsychoanalysis); http://www.neuropsa.org.uk/images/stories/pdfs/whatisnpsa.pdf

http://www.neuropsa.org.uk/media-coverage

hacbad macbar

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
nice post bro. ;)

but i have no time right now to analyze it further. sorry, see you soon glad to see someone interested in stuff...

i'll be back

gromit

likes this
I am currently studying in a healthcare profession (physical therapy) and it seems to be a recurring theme how much the physical and the socio-emotional - and spiritual? - are connected. This idea keeps popping up in so many classes I've been taking.

Could be a difference between traditional medicine and more recent thinking on health of a whole person, or it could be this profession being a bit more holistic, or it could be that my school in particular places a greater emphasis on that kind of thing. Probably a bit of all of those.

hacbad macbar

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I dont understand what you are aiming for, but depth psychology Depth psychology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia is much used in the world and in the first psychology courses at least in my country they teached about how body affects psyche and other way around. But depth psychology does not collaborate with quantum physics or metaphysics(it just doesent make sense because quantum biology doesent seem to have effects to psyche, but only on some individual neurons in ways that are largely unknown, how DNA is being processed etc. and quantum biology is such a new area that trying tackle the whole psyche with it is just ludicrous), there are some people( Eric Kandel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia is maybe the most well known ) who try to mix depth psychology with neuroscience tho(neuropsychoanalysis); http://www.neuropsa.org.uk/images/stories/pdfs/whatisnpsa.pdf

http://www.neuropsa.org.uk/media-coverage

I am currently studying in a healthcare profession (physical therapy) and it seems to be a recurring theme how much the physical and the socio-emotional - and spiritual? - are connected. This idea keeps popping up in so many classes I've been taking.

Could be a difference between traditional medicine and more recent thinking on health of a whole person, or it could be this profession being a bit more holistic, or it could be that my school in particular places a greater emphasis on that kind of thing. Probably a bit of all of those.

It's about mindfulness in psychotherapy. About general well being in essence.

Watch this. Interesting insight into the 'interconnectedness of everything'.

P.S. [MENTION=7595]INTP[/MENTION] It's not about mixing, it's about insight onto the already 'mixed', ie. about interconnectedness, mutability and changeability of everything (mater and energy; inner-outer world duality, and similar)

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
P.S. INTP It's not about mixing, it's about insight of already 'mixed', ie. about interconnectedness, mutability and changeability of everything (mater and energy; inner-outer world duality, and similar)

The problem is that there isnt enough knowledge about this sort of stuff. Its like asking for a machine that can travel through space instantly..