• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What was your school stereotype?

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
In elementary school, I was the smart one but with my style of dress I was never really labeled a nerd. My clothing style was typical 2000s tween girl mixed with 80s and punk influence. I think the artsy one was more like it, or the eccentric one. I drew a lot, read and watched a lot of fantasy, was really crafty and like DIY projects. I also had a huge stash of cat decor at that time that I think might have added to my eccentric-ness.

Middle school, I was the nerdy one. I'm perfectly fine with that label, though remember hearing one guy in my class saying, "She's nothing special, she's just a nerd!". Most of the kids at my middle school were obsessed with being "country". One of my best friends back then reminds me a lot of Phobik now. I hung out on the internet all day and liked early memes, and was a big gamer too. It's also when my fangirl days started, so I started wearing a lot of Hot Topic merch from my favorite cartoons and writing fanfics(which did help me build rapport with Wattpad writers).

High school I wasn't very popular at all, so I think I was just the quiet one to them and nothing much else. I did hang out with the nerdy people, but even among them I was the outcast. In college and even work now, I'm the quiet but artsy one who everyone wants a drawing from. When I hung out with friends, it was like I was the demure little introvert that the more extroverted members adopted.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was your ultimate sensitive emo artist stereotype. I still kinda' am... hell, can't be what you're not.

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse
Until I was 13 I was mostly the quiet small kid obsessed with animals. When I was 14 I had one year of being the annoying kid in class. My best friend and I, we were terrible. We never directly bothered other people but we were just loud, playfighting in the hallways, emptying water bottles over one another on warmer days... Yeah, we got a lot of negative attention because we acted that way. It's as if I had to make up for all the years I was silent.
Somewhere around this age I also had an emo-goth phase. I admire people who can pull that look off but... I... could not and I shouldn't have tried. Jesus. I don't even want to think about it anymore. :')

During my last two years in secondary school (16-18) my best friend and I were allegedly the lesbian couple of our year who had sex in the bathroom stalls during breaks (no we did not). :') Even some teachers seemed to think that we were dating and the people who worked at the secretariat also 'knew' us. When they saw one of us they sometimes asked 'Where is the other one/part?' because they always saw us together.
It luckily never became annoying in the sense that people constantly made remarks. People made jokes from time to time and they were actually funny.
We were more tolerable than when we were 14 though. We both skipped classes a lot during our two last years (not together, just taking a long nap at home) so I assume we had that reputation too (this is also why the people at the secretariat 'knew' us, lol).

Despite that I somehow still had the reputation of being quiet. Probably because aside of being loud from time to time with my best friend(s) (it really came in 'bursts', we weren't constantly load- mostly on Thursday and Friday) I never interacted much with other people. People also seemed to assume I was... good at things... Some asked me to help them with their English. Then two other people once called me during the exams to ask me if I could help them with math which had me ????????????

Don't get me started on college. In my first year most people in my class disliked me (assuming they acknowledged my existence to begin with) and a teacher told me at the end of the year that I came across as arrogant. I did have some 'school friends' but I never said much. I am not sure how they perceived me. My second year was a bit better. I was usually the one asking or answering questions. Still didn't have any friends in that group/class but the people were nicer.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Elementary school: pinecone queen (I would pluck out all the ripe pinecones and give them to my classmates, friends and teachers)

Middle school: twitchy (I could never resist touching or playing the pianos we had in the band room)

High school: that crazy psycho chick (yay Asperger’s meltdowns and other forms of social inappropriateness from the bullying target)

College: the nerdy loner girl (who was still crazy and saw a campus therapist for anxiety)

So yeah... thank goodness I’m an adult now. :mellow:

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Most of my younger experience was the "I'm the dumb girl because I am homeschooled" archetype which greatly angered me yet motivated me at the same time.

When I hit college I was sort of the overly friendly smart girl archetype that every loser that didn't want to apply effort came to me like a magnet wanting to use my notes. I'm basically the one people beg to join their group project because I'd end up DOING the group project. XD

I am likely now just miss antisocial because when I am in physical classes, I never actually talk to anyone. XD

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
The quiet drama/choir nerd. I've been told since by a few of the "jocks" I had classes with that they thought I was "gorgeous and mysterious". Which is hilarious to me.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was a bookworm for years, and kept myself isolated. In high school, I unintentionally formed a new clique filled with weebs, foreigners, nerds, and otherwise outcasts. We eventually outnumbered most groups in the lunchroom for two consecutive years.

Mole

Permabanned
My teacher said integrity was a real thing for me, I wasn't quite sure what this meant except I could never join a gang, at school I could not become part of a peer group, I found this painful, and it was only at university that I first joined a peer group. So in high school I was a hated loner concerned more about understanding the world than belonging.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
7b646f8ee8ee4c6945de23bd5961d116.gif