• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why are women obsessed with shoes?

LadyRain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Shoes? I've always had a weird thing with bags. Buy them all the time but rarely use them <-- this has got to be a subconscious need/desire/attainment sort of thing ... but, on the shoes, I think high heels can be a work of art, some anyway.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Because they're women? lol

I could get into a more complicated explanation for it but it's nearly midnight and I can't be bothered. Ultimately it is an extension of the female instinctive desire to appear beautiful which is due to sexual selection pressures: "OMG what is he going to think of me if I wear this dress? Maybe these shoes will go OK with it. No, wait. These ones." It is kind of fascinating (in a good way) the range of outfits - of which shoes are only one part of a greater whole - which women adopt to be noticed.

Cygnus

When you've engineered a society where women are made to cater to the cave-children while all the men are made to hunter-gather, this is the shit it leads to a couple millennia later.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When you've engineered a society where women are made to cater to the cave-children while all the men are made to hunter-gather, this is the shit it leads to a couple millennia later.

:laugh:

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Beats me...I have 3 pairs that I wear with everything, chosen for their capacity to go with anything.

Glint

ಠ﹏ಠ
MBTI Type
TiNi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have a mini obsession with flat/low-heeled leather sandals (especially the Born/Born Concept brand) because they're comfortable and offer a simple beauty without being excessively girly or impractical. I despise high heels and most 'fashionable' shoe designs and have no use for those types of shoes. Sandals are my form of accessorizing (I rarely wear actual accessories or jewelery.)

I am a fan of wearing socks with sandals (comfortable!) which is apparently considered an unforgivable sin by some people.

My total shoe count is 1 pair of leather clogs, 1 pair of elastic sneakers, 1 pair of pool flip flops, and 3 pairs of leather sandals!

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm a sucker for dark-brown leather boots, along with any good pair of running shoes. :D

Dress shoes are cute and all, but if I have to wear those for even a measly 3 hours... :9436:

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
merrell barefoots or death

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
^Those are my son's favorite shoes. He's on his fourth pair.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
merrell barefoots or death

Trail Gloves? Got a pair, need to replace.

Women like shoes cuz.........I have no idea. It's one of the great questions of Mankind like "Is there a God?" "Why are we here?" "Why are women so obsessed with shoes?"

We'll never truly know.

iIzhpOv.png

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
^I'm dressing up as that guy for halloween. Self-tanner, Sharpie beard, Goodwill suit, hair gel.

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
Trail Gloves? Got a pair, need to replace.

Mine finally busted a couple months ago, years of daily use. I just got a pair of barefoot jungle mocs I've been rocking -

A little too dressy, okay for saturday nights. Need another trail glove.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
If Merrell barefoot jungle mocs are too dressy for you, I like you.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I hate shoes :thelook:

if I could get away with not wearing them ever I probably would do so, though that would probably involve moving to a different climate

I own 4 pairs of shoes... work shoes, flip flops, boots and a pair of heels that isn't comfortable and I only wear them to funerals

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mine finally busted a couple months ago, years of daily use. I just got a pair of barefoot jungle mocs I've been rocking -

A little too dressy, okay for saturday nights. Need another trail glove.

Can you run in those?

So as absurd as these look, I bought a pair and ran on them for like 5 months. Rocky trails and everything.

8ECrwqD.jpg

Shop Barefoot Running Shoes and Sandals | As Seen on Shark Tank - XeroShoes.com

BUT I could never get the right one properly adjusted (spent probably 10 hours, all in all), the heel kept slipping, but the left was fantastic. Pretty frustrating, as the left one did fit PERFECTLY. And had a freaking 5,000 mile warranty. I got so pissed, i finally threw them in the trash. Think they were like 20 bucks.

They're also the basic design of the Huaraches in that book, Born to Run.