User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Re: that last point, if you don't wear shower shoes when you shower at the gym, then what DO you wear?
    If etiquette at the particular gym dictates the use of some sort of shower shoe the trendy man will wear some cheap rubber flip-flops and feel shameful for doing it.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I don't get the shoe thing. I hate shoes...don't like anything on my feet.

I like perfumes and jewelry much, much better. I also like dressing other people rather than myself. My sister used to force me at wallet-point to get new shoes because they would literally be falling off my feet. I'm hoping that she will do when she comes to visit me out here!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    If etiquette at the particular gym dictates the use of some sort of shower shoe the trendy man will wear some cheap rubber flip-flops and feel shameful for doing it.

Good to know!
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I'm not a shoe fiend like some ladies are, but to the extent that I enjoy buying new shoes, this is why. I hate clothes shopping. It's depressing. Shoe shopping doesn't remind me of my huge ass.
    I don't enjoy shoe shopping at all, because I'm usually looking for something like this:

when the stores are full of this:

Granted, clothes shopping is not much better, and not because things don't fit. Styles are just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Women are told that heels go with particular outfits and flats with others. We're told that no one pair of shoes can go with every work or casual outfit. I'm not sure whether women started this, or men, but those are the rules of the game, and you can choose to either play, and have that big collection of shoes, or not play, and do what men do.
    Are you kidding? Who tells you that, and why do you listen? If I had to keep the assortment of shoes you listed, I'd land in the asylum. I have shoes for work (top image above), a dressier set for church (where I usually change to organ shoes anyway), sneakers for exercising, hiking shoes, old sneakers for yard work, and sandals.

Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    For guys it's fairly simple. Black shoes with a black or gray suit, brown shoes with a brown or blue suit, although you can do black shoes with a blue suit if it's pretty dark. Your socks should match your pants, and your belt should match your shoes. With braces you have more leeway.

Is there standard operating procedure for women?
    There is for this woman:

Black shoes and socks, always; to match gray and black pants, or black suit, or dresses/skirts that are primarily in these colors. No brown in wardrobe at all, except for sports/hiking wear.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Are you kidding? Who tells you that, and why do you listen? If I had to keep the assortment of shoes you listed, I'd land in the asylum. I have shoes for work (top image above), a dressier set for church (where I usually change to organ shoes anyway), sneakers for exercising, hiking shoes, old sneakers for yard work, and sandals.
    No one tells me, but I absorb it from pop culture and from my peers. Mostly I listen because it's fun. With trends, I always take the ones I like and leave the rest, when it comes to jewelry, makeup, clothes, hair, etc. It would be different if I didn't like clothes, or shopping. But I do. I think fashion is interesting and I like bargain-hunting.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I have shoes for work (top image above), a dressier set for church (where I usually change to organ shoes anyway), sneakers for exercising, hiking shoes, old sneakers for yard work, and sandals.
    Yea, this is pretty much what I have. And even that feels like a lot. I don't like to buy things without a purpose. And I can't convince myself that more than that is necessary.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

Irrational gender role.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Women are so cray.

This is the only shoe you need, good for all occasions. Casual, gym, formals, clubbing, baby showers, square dancing:

I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    Women are so cray.

This is the only shoe you need, good for all occasions. Casual, gym, formals, clubbing, baby showers, square dancing:
    I think you mean

Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    Women are so cray.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz