• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why are women obsessed with shoes?

L

LadyLazarus

Personally, it's 'cause I just like the way my closet looks filled with a million pairs, well that; and I need several pairs for different looks/outfits, I like having options and being able to mix stuff in regards to clothing.

Mole

Permabanned
Women aren't obsessed with shoes rather high heel shoes are calculated to give the female an advantage in reproduction.

High heel shoes tip the pelvis into the presenting position, this does not arouse the female, but it does arouse the male, and being aroused the male is vulnerable to suggestion and control.

So the unaroused female in high heels has a decided advantage over the arousal male.

And to add insult to injury the female blames the male saying, men only think with their dicks when the female herself causes the arousal with high heels.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like fashion & playing with clothes, but shoes are at the bottom of my list in terms of what I find interesting/fun. I have quite a few from stocking them up over the years, but I go weeks with wearing the same few pairs with everything.

My mom says she loves shoes because "they always fit". She's struggled with her weight in later years & so I guess the feet are a part that's non-depressing to dress when you're not in the shape you'd like to be in. Although some people change shoe sizes with weight gain, but it still doesn't have the same effect as trying on bikinis or jeans.

W

WhoCares

My reasons for shoe shopping

1. I'm an unusal size and can normally find good stuffs in the sale rack.
2. Shoes go on sale more frequently than other items of clothing.
3. I can try them on, right where I stand. No finding a change room, taking my kit off etc.
4. Shoes are pretty, more so than other items of clothing.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think women have a lot of options with pretty much everything when it comes to fashion. :D Guy fashion is so boring! It's so limited and monotonous. I try to make my outfits as lively as possible but it's hard!

Agreed. My thoughts would be best expressed by the words of Rodgers and Hammerstein.

"When I have a brand new hairdo
With my eyelashes all in curl,
I float as the clouds on air do,
I enjoy being a girl"

Men's fashion has come a long way though, and I know you get creative and rock it out :D

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Cuz those Boots are made for Walkin'

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
While I can't really speak much on it as shoe shopping is particularly difficult for me, I imagine it's easier for most women overall. There are only so many shapes and sizes of feet, making a majority of the stock available accessible and available for more women, and it's far safer in terms of asking opinions on how they look, etc. So if you're a pear shaped woman with a pencil friend you can shop in the exact same section together and actually both participate.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Cuz those Boots are made for Walkin'

Boots+3.jpg

Qre:us

And to add insult to injury the female blames the male saying, men only think with their dicks when the female herself causes the arousal with high heels.

A man's arousal is more injurious to the female, if he thinks like the above.

But, yes, I do think that the idea behind high heels is to exaggerate the female's physical sexuality: her legs, her hips, her buttocks.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i love shoes. i think some people also may like buying them so much because they feellike they can get so much use out of them.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm a dude. I love shoes also. They're practical, they can say a lot about you, and as time goes on, they carry a story of where you went in their scuffs and bald spots. I also like walking, a lot.

wildflower

i wouldn't say i'm obsessed with shoes but there is a certain je ne sais quoi about them. full disclosure: not currently in fashionista mode and mostly wear flip flops.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As a woman, I'm not. One more damn thing for me to have to look after. I wear a pair of sandals which I'll replace only after I've worn through the heels and the thong gets dislodged. And I get pissed off that I have to take an hour and spend $5 to go bother with it.

I don't understand it.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I actually do love shoes, but I'm very particular about them. I am currently apprenticing with a shoemaker, so perhaps that helps flesh out the picture. I love the aesthetic potential if shoes, I mostly wear flats, boots, sandals, and oxfords with the occasional pair of heels thrown in.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Women like shoes. That's such a racist stereotype. I'm so offended by this thread, I had to go back to my therapist.

Kyora

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well I love shoes, I got many... Why? Because I need them x) I wouldn't want to walk barefoot (at home I do). It's just that every pairs of shoes has a utility (the color, the material, the height, etc). And also because I'm constantly searching for the pair that will feel like I'm barefoot yet will be beautiful and with a high heel since I'm short...

Codex

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I am not obsessed with shoes! I have a normal amount of appreciation for footwear!

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Also, it's totally sexist, racist, and anti-semitic to say that only girls like shoes.

My neighbor left this shoe over here and I tried it on. It fits great and is my new look:

IKZkap3.jpg

Codex

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Also, it's totally sexist, racist, and anti-semitic to say that only girls like shoes.

My neighbor left this shoe over here and I tried it on. It fits great and is my new look:

IKZkap3.jpg

I wish my feet were that sexy.