User Tag List

View Poll Results: What would you do(read first)?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would remove record with money

3 25.00%
  • I would remove record with sex

1 8.33%
  • I would leave my record there

3 25.00%
  • Something else?

5 41.67%
12 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Default How far you take your morals/sense of justice?

Now, the traditional setting for moral versus law is when a close one is morbidly ill and the only medicine for it is illegal and so forth: would you get it or not...But i would like to strain you minds a bit and see how far you can take yourselves. Lets throw another situation; a little more tricky. This is something that includes drugs.

* A (young) person is curious and decides to try maybe... cannabis and ecstasy
    * Person doesn't get hooked and is neither interested, but gets arrested right away
    * He/she gets criminal record
    * He/she servers the punishment, but is left with with suspicions of being a dealer and criminal record

As we all know criminal record affects persons life as well(in worst cases) close ones who may not get in trusted position because of this relation. Now comes the tricky part:

*An official from that department is wiling to remove the criminal record so that person has free future again. But the person needs to bribe official with either sex or money(most of this persons fortune).

Bribe is against this persons morals, but so is that that his/her actions have unnecessary impact on his/her life and others; especially since his/her action was onetime act.

What is right and what is wrong? What would you do?

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

The law is wrong and the official at the department is wrong. Work to change the law and report the official.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

I'd rather die than have sex with a cop.

MBTI
    yupp

I could be pretend to be a saint, but reality is I'd have sex with him. in the present it's wrong in the future it helps me out so yes I'm willing to be immoral in order to be ok finacially.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

LadyLazarus

I wouldn't have sex with him but I would give him the money, what good will my fortune be when I am in jail? I'm not the type that does well in jail, I'm too young to become someone's jail bride or whatever.

Besides, those floors are probably filthy! He can have the money!

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    The law is wrong and the official at the department is wrong. Work to change the law and report the official.
    This is an healthy thought of an individual who is not directly in this situation. I agree. But with current law this type of situation is still possible. And the person in the eye of the storm has very little power to change it.

E: also if you picked the choice "something else" it would be interesting to hear what that something else is?

MBTI
    yupp

i'd never have sex or pay money even if it would prevent me from ending up in the gutter---bullshit most people would if their livilyhood depended on it
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by MadCat
    But with current law this type of situation is still possible.
    This is why one never wants to empower the government for any reason. Victimless crimes should at most be subject to a small fine. We encounter the situations that you describe because the government is too big, too powerful, and bored. The criminal justice system is more of a work creation program (for public employee unions) than a true justice system that protects the public.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    This is why one never wants to empower the government for any reason. Victimless crimes should at most be subject to a small fine. We encounter the situations that you describe because the government is too big, too powerful, and bored. The criminal justice system is more of a work creation program (for public employee unions) than a true justice system that protects the public.
    Agreed with 100%

E: to the original question: i came to think of something else as well. What if person who is in this position is actually virgin. How would you feel about that?

Quote Originally Posted by MadKitten View Post

* A (young) person is curious and decides to try maybe... cannabis and ecstasy
    * Person doesn't get hooked and is neither interested, but gets arrested right away
    * He/she gets criminal record
    * He/she servers the punishment, but is left with with suspicions of being a dealer and criminal record

As we all know criminal record affects persons life as well(in worst cases) close ones who may not get in trusted position because of this relation. Now comes the tricky part:
    i need more info, not that that would likely change my answer. first, why is there a suspicion of being a dealer? is this also noted in the person's record? sorry, i have no clue about these things. also, is all this (pot & ecstasy) a misdemeanor or a felony? i guess my answer would be to fight it in court if there is inaccurate info on the person's record that is going to affect them, like being a dealer. if it's just that they broke the law and got caught well...actions have consequences.

eta: just out of curiosity i googled this. possession of ecstasy isn't always a felony but even if it is in my state (CA) one can do a 1 year treatment program and then be on probation instead of having the felony on your record. so, i'd be off the hook even if i did something so stupid.