User Tag List

First 12

Huh, I guess my opening post was confusing (I've been known to be a bit weird with my speech.) That, or my train of thought went all over the place. What I am saying is... is it warranted if people do not know if it means you/someone is protecting that person. Would it be acceptable that one person is taking the heat so another person wouldn't need to. Basically, you become the keeper of that person? When I said blue/red pill, I was just making a reference as it is the most easiest to understand.

1: In Plato Republic, there was a discussion that when kids are taught, one should not teach them everything that is wrong with the world while they are growing up, but only when they are themselves ready for learning these things because it infects their mind and the quality of life of the society if we teach them these things too early. (Somewhere along the lines.)

2: Some scholars even believe that one should use some manipulation and mind training towards society as it is something necessary for society, even if there would be people who would want to disagree with such decision.
    These two examples are what I am trying to get at. In both cases, both feel that it is necessary to shield or at least guide people in a certain direction, even if one doesn't get all the information. The dialogue in Plato Republic talked about teaching the right kinds of stories to children (so no Homer) so that they are raised properly. The second one, Barneys feel that Propaganda is necessary in a society so we have to shape society's mind a certain way (think of American WWII Propaganda.) Some will say that both situations are disagreeable in that it is shielding information from children and/adults and not exactly giving the truth. But is it disagreeable and wrong to be untruthful if that is what matters?

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    I think that I want to know the big picture of whats going on, but not necessarily every detail. I have an obsession with details, as they make me feel Im forgetting something important. But what I find is that most of the tme, the details of what you know are rather incosequential, and if they werent, you would know why. I think having to remember every detail would make one mad. But if you know the big picture(like whats going on in society that is bad and good), I dont find that too disturbing, usually(of course that depends on what it is thats going on).
    So basically, you don't mind whether the information given is good or bad, just as long as it is digestible and you have the gist of the information?

1 Corinthians 13:11 -

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

Socionics
    ESI None

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post

So basically, you don't mind whether the information given is good or bad, just as long as it is digestible and you have the gist of the information?
    Thats not what I said.

What I said was that "disturbing" information is not so much disturbing because of its contents, its disturbing because Im afraid to forget it(and if I forget it, it can be used aginst me). That is, at least what I feared.

Socionics
    ESI None

Okay, strike what I said. The details are important, even if they may drive me mad sometimes.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    5 so/sx

I think there is such thing as necessary info or knowledge control, and I wouldn't have much qualms if it's done by someone whom I deeply trust about the matter. Some truths can require preparation to accept or overcome, otherwise it can consume one unneededly. However, if this kind of control is done with questionable motives or abilities, then that's a different story.