• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Moral Development, Emotional Restraint, and Intellectual Integrity

Mole

Permabanned
Moral development is a long slow process. We are born without control of even our sphincter, and it takes 22 years for us to learn control, particularly moral control.

It takes so long, for our brain is not fully grown until we are about 22 years old.

During this 22 years of moral development we need the support of our parents, our teachers, our peers and our institutions.

Unfortunately we live in a society that disrespects moral development and openly teaches that if it feels good, do it.

While we know that emotional intelligence is characterised by emotional restraint.

And we know that intellectual intelligence is characterised by intellectual integrity.

Bullet

We are born without control of even our sphincter, and it takes 22 years for us to learn control...

111.gif

Mole

Permabanned

I think the developmental model is very useful.

We explain geology in terms of development.
We explain the origin of species in terms of development.
We explain our solar system in terms of development.
We explain the origin of the elements in terms of development.
We explain the origin of the universe in terms of development from the big bang.
And we explain the origin of the forces holding the universe together in terms of development.
We even explain the origins of consciousness in terms of development.

So the development model has been outstandingly successful.

Yet we seem blind to our own psychological development.

We choose not to see the origins of our own personality.

Why is this?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
It's a really good book.

LadyRain

MBTI Type
INFJ
I think the developmental model is very useful.

We explain geology in terms of development.
We explain the origin of species in terms of development.
We explain our solar system in terms of development.
We explain the origin of the elements in terms of development.
We explain the origin of the universe in terms of development from the big bang.
And we explain the origin of the forces holding the universe together in terms of development.
We even explain the origins of consciousness in terms of development.

So the development model has been outstandingly successful.

Yet we seem blind to our own psychological development.

We choose not to see the origins of our own personality.

Why is this?

Okay, so we need 22 years for our brains to become fully developed in order to have full control over ourselves and our moral and intellectual processes. Our society lacks in supporting the needs of the developing moral and intellectual brains and potentially derails efforts to move in an emotionally mature direction. Our sciences work by explaining everything in terms of development and yet society neglects the mental development of the individual and you want to know why. Is there anything else because I feel like I'm only getting a fraction of your thoughts and I have no idea what your point is. We live in a time in which an array of bad examples and ideals are held up as the mark to shoot for. Are you wanting to analyze society?

Mole

Permabanned
Mole or Captain Queeg?

Says the guy infatuated with a childrens book.

My first avatar was the first woman Prime Minister of Australia, but when the Hon. Julia Gillard was voted out, I cast around for a new avatar that would represent me.

And being introverted but loyal to my extroverted friends, and with a love of nature, being good humoured but fierce in battle, I had no choice - I had to choose Mole as my avatar.

Wind in the Willows, is a children's book but it is well written and has two chapters that are quite grown up. It is a good place to start.

Of course I could have chosen Captain Queeg of, The Caine Mutiny, as my avatar, but I think Mole suits me better.

What do you think?

Here is Captain Queeg Caine Mutiny - Capt. Queeg Loses It - YouTube

Mole

Permabanned
Okay, so we need 22 years for our brains to become fully developed in order to have full control over ourselves and our moral and intellectual processes. Our society lacks in supporting the needs of the developing moral and intellectual brains and potentially derails efforts to move in an emotionally mature direction. Our sciences work by explaining everything in terms of development and yet society neglects the mental development of the individual and you want to know why. Is there anything else because I feel like I'm only getting a fraction of your thoughts and I have no idea what your point is. We live in a time in which an array of bad examples and ideals are held up as the mark to shoot for. Are you wanting to analyze society?

As you say, you have no idea what my point is. You have no idea what my point of view is.

Point of view (POV) is a result of individual literacy, each individual reader has a point of view, a personal opinion.

However Typology Central is not a book, we do not read and write to Central like a book. Central is an international electronic medium with the centre everywhere and the margin nowhere.

You are the centre and I am the centre yet we are on opposite ends of the Earth, in different seasons.

And so individual point of view disappears and all on Central partake of shared feeling.

Point of view disappears and we commune together in an electronic tribe.

This is all set our beautifully in, Understanding Media, by the patron saint of the internet, Marshall McLuhan. To read it just click on, http://beforebefore.net/80f/s11/media/mcluhan.pdf

LadyRain

MBTI Type
INFJ
As you say, you have no idea what my point is. You have no idea what my point of view is.

Point of view (POV) is a result of individual literacy, each individual reader has a point of view, a personal opinion.

However Typology Central is not a book, we do not read and write to Central like a book. Central is an international electronic medium with the centre everywhere and the margin nowhere.

You are the centre and I am the centre yet we are on opposite ends of the Earth, in different seasons.

And so individual point of view disappears and all on Central partake of shared feeling.

Point of view disappears and we commune together in an electronic tribe.

This is all set our beautifully in, Understanding Media, by the patron saint of the internet, Marshall McLuhan. To read it just click on, http://beforebefore.net/80f/s11/media/mcluhan.pdf

Alrighty then