User Tag List

First 567

WhoCares

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    I wasn't being literal.
    Oh! I wonder wat you meant then..... This is the kind if communication that escapes me I'm afraid. I just dont get whatever nuance you were trying to infer. Sorry.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity View Post
    Yup. I just don't trust 'em. I don't trust acid either.

I understand where you are coming from and all I can say is: I'm a hypocrite. And I do not know how to reconcile my understandings of either.
    Clear and obvious cognitive dissonance, of which I cannot solve. So I will shy away from this and pretend this haven't happened.
    Then my mind can try to find rational ideas as to why this is, while in the meantime I'll sort through my wardrobe. Perhaps, after a little while,
    I can step outside and find myself looking at the two different ideas with a little more understanding as to why I had those ideas in the first place
    and then I'll be able to make a more united understanding of what I think about drugs, medical or otherwise.

Thanks though.
    No worries. Btw, to get an understanding about origins of ideas is pretty cool!

Quote Originally Posted by WhoCares View Post
    Interesting. Why Is that? Buddhism sees the world as it is then learns not to judge it. I dont see anything inherently dangerous in that.
    i'm curious as to why @Riva suggested not pursuing buddhism right now too. i did know a buddhist woman who had a tendency to dissociate quite badly and she said meditation, while she liked it, made her dissociation much worse. i do think if you are depressed you have to be careful about just cutting yourself off from your feelings rather than really feeling and releasing them. do you find that your mood is elevated or do you feel kind of numb or nothing?

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    MBTI
    RAD

Hey, since meditation does many different things... You could try reaching inside for the color green, in a box that is diamond shaped. It usually rests upon a pedestal but sometimes it is on the ground and catching grime and dust. You might not notice it unless you wipe it clean. It is like the genie in a bottle, it grants you wishes but cannot restore the mortal to life. Good thing for you, immortals never die. As many wishes as you like resides inside. Perhaps the greatest hurdle is finding the ones that are for you and you alone. Enjoy.
    Open for interpretation.
    Jo
    Fell for the temptation: Nohari / Johari

Quote Originally Posted by wildflower View Post
    i'm curious as to why @Riva suggested not pursuing buddhism right now too. i did know a buddhist woman who had a tendency to dissociate quite badly and she said meditation, while she liked it, made her dissociation much worse. i do think if you are depressed you have to be careful about just cutting yourself off from your feelings rather than really feeling and releasing them. do you find that your mood is elevated or do you feel kind of numb or nothing?
    Yes, by and large, meditation is contra indicated for those suffering a psychosis.

Default Meditation and the Ineffable.

Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity View Post
    Hey, since meditation does many different things... You could try reaching inside for the color green, in a box that is diamond shaped. It usually rests upon a pedestal but sometimes it is on the ground and catching grime and dust. You might not notice it unless you wipe it clean. It is like the genie in a bottle, it grants you wishes but cannot restore the mortal to life. Good thing for you, immortals never die. As many wishes as you like resides inside. Perhaps the greatest hurdle is finding the ones that are for you and you alone. Enjoy.
    Meditation is for those with a relatively whole and wholesome psyche.

So before we start to meditate it is wise to heal our psyche first.

And once we start to meditate there are traps along the way. The first is our normal critical flow of thought, the second is the normal flow of our imagination. It is very easy to get enamoured and stuck on the first and second trap.

But if we are whole and let thought and imagination go, we enter a state of wordlessness, where everything remains the same but no words.

The state of wordlessness is ineffable.

Quote Originally Posted by Nara View Post
    Monks once called it acedia, it was a well documented phenomenon ...

Indeed diversions won't remove it. I think this feeling of emptiness and meaninglessness comes when we haven't yet grieve the search for an outside truth/answer, and still are looking for substitutes to fulfill our hole.
    And I'm sorry there are no right methods to get out there, as it is an individual path. I only remember I had to go right through my depression to "reborn" or something like that (but careful, this can lead to suicide...).
    So perhaps you haven't sufficiently explored the dark paths of meaninglessness (yes I guess now you prefer the medication advice lol) and met your Minotaur.
    But when we truly become aware that we are the creative source, this temptation of boredom gradually fades away.

"My soul is a gushing fountain"
    Yes, I am springing delight.