User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which function correlates best with having critical thinking skills?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Te

    9 25.00%
  • Fe

    5 13.89%
  • Ti

    29 80.56%
  • Se

    3 8.33%
  • Si

    6 16.67%
  • Ni

    13 36.11%
  • Ne

    4 11.11%
  • Fi

    9 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 114

  1. #51
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,658

    Default

    Conclusive answer to thread:

    All of em in their respective fields - cant do critical thinking if you lack the necessary info or are too focused elsewhere to pick up on it. Yes, that includes Si and Se.


    / thread.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  2. #52
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,904

    Default

    Ti types have that logical analysis thing going on.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  3. #53
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Conclusive answer to thread:

    All of em in their respective fields - cant do critical thinking if you lack the necessary info or are too focused elsewhere to pick up on it. Yes, that includes Si and Se.


    / thread.
    +1
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  4. #54
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grey_beard View Post
    on further review, the ruling stands. Your Dad and those like him rule, on critical thinking about SPECIFICS: INTJs retain the throne on critical thinking about trends and abstractions.
    Offsetting penalties, no loss of down.
    I did not claim that INTJs were the best critical thinkers, just pointed out how Ni-Te performs that function. Whoever wrote that different types do well at critical thinking in different areas or kinds of problems was on the right track.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  5. #55
    The Typing Tabby grey_beard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I did not claim that INTJs were the best critical thinkers, just pointed out how Ni-Te performs that function. Whoever wrote that different types do well at critical thinking in different areas or kinds of problems was on the right track.
    @Coriolis -- just when I was getting a good head of steam for INTJ-self-bragging (yes, I'm making fun of myself, not intending to indict you, even by association!) -- you ruin it with well-placed clarification & humility.

    You are of course right: a quick skim of the thread led me to conclude that it was @Southern Kross, @OrangeAppled, and @Amargith -- as far as I can tell, xNFPs all -- who wrote of different types doing well at critical thinking in different areas or kinds of problems.

    How very -- Ne of them.

    Take a bow, all of you!
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

    Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.

  6. #56
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grey_beard View Post
    @Coriolis -- just when I was getting a good head of steam for INTJ-self-bragging (yes, I'm making fun of myself, not intending to indict you, even by association!) -- you ruin it with well-placed clarification & humility.

    You are of course right: a quick skim of the thread led me to conclude that it was @Southern Kross, @OrangeAppled, and @Amargith -- as far as I can tell, xNFPs all -- who wrote of different types doing well at critical thinking in different areas or kinds of problems.

    How very -- Ne of them.

    Take a bow, all of you!
    I still think it requires Ni rather than Ne... someone who have developed their shadow Ni can employ critical thinking if he/she wants to...

  7. #57
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grey_beard View Post
    [How very -- Ne of them.
    Well, Ne is bound to be good for something.

    (Feel better now?)
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  8. #58
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    I still think it requires Ni rather than Ne... someone who have developed their shadow Ni can employ critical thinking if he/she wants to...
    Bullshit - sorry.

    What Ne does is look at things from different angles, contrast and compare and find the pattern within. We go long where you go deep. And in this case, we used that 'going long' to see the overarching pattern, instead of zero-ing in on one of em like the OP asked. That's all we did.

    It's a trick question anyways, that the OP asked. A better thread title, based on the responses it received, would've been: 'Which function do you value more when it comes to their critical thinking capabilities?'

    Each function has the capacity to process data at a mastery level - a level that will require critical thinking within that data pool in order to process it and organise it properly. There is no point playing the 'no, my dad is bigger and stronger than yours' game. They're all masters in their own field.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  9. #59
    Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grey_beard View Post
    I'm a n00b here, and I've read some of your stuff, but this is the first time I can think of that I've posted *to* you.
    Please don't take offense at this, (being an INFP and all), but --

    I was all set to agree with Coriolis as an INTJ that Ni-Te rules, but you have just trumped me.

    Coming from an INTJ, this is high praise.
    You. Scoundrel.

    Full Disclosure: TWEET! grey_beard asks for a review on instant replay.
    ...
    ...
    ...
    on further review, the ruling stands. Your Dad and those like him rule, on critical thinking about SPECIFICS: INTJs retain the throne on critical thinking about trends and abstractions.
    Offsetting penalties, no loss of down.
    That's very decent and humble of you to hear me out properly. I appreciate it.

    It hasn't escaped my notice how many Ni-doms seem to be rushing to proclaim themselves kings. I totally agree that Ni achieves brilliant insights and, in many areas, betters all other functions, but the sheer level of presumption can create a blindspot by constricting (and even sometimes, distorting) the scope. I don't think we should underestimate the potential of other functions and how they can do things that Ni (or Ti) simply can't. I'm resisting the urge to mount a campaign in defence of Ne and Fi, because it seems both futile and silly to turn this thread into a, "my dad can beat up your dad" style competition.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

    I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

    - Emily Bronte

  10. #60
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Bullshit - sorry.

    What Ne does is look at things from different angles, contrast and compare and find the pattern within. We go long where you go deep. And in this case, we used that 'going long' to see the overarching pattern, instead of zero-ing in on one of em like the OP asked. That's all we did.

    It's a trick question anyways, that the OP asked. A better thread title, based on the responses it received, would've been: 'Which function do you value more when it comes to their critical thinking capabilities?'

    Each function has the capacity to process data at a mastery level - a level that will require critical thinking within that data pool in order to process it and organise it properly. There is no point playing the 'no, my dad is bigger and stronger than yours' game. They're all masters in their own field.
    I see your bullshit there and double it...

    I think Ne just distorts external reality in favor of a more likeable one for the self...

    Considering this description on wiki:

    thinking about one's thinking in a manner designed to organize and clarify, raise the efficiency of, and recognize errors and biases in one's own thinking. Critical thinking is not 'hard' thinking nor is it directed at solving problems (other than 'improving' one's own thinking). Critical thinking is inward-directed with the intent of maximizing the rationality of the thinker. One does not use critical thinking to solve problems - one uses critical thinking to improve one's process of thinking.[11]
    How is Ne (or Se, Te and Fe for that matter) inward directed and how does it improve and optimize one's internal thinking processes to remove self bias (which I think comes from Fi and Ti)?

Similar Threads

  1. [INFJ] INFJs: Which type do you think is your ideal romantic match?
    By Zarathustra in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 10-31-2012, 01:47 PM
  2. which type do you think would most enjoy
    By captain curmudgeon in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-27-2010, 01:12 AM
  3. What type do you get along best with?
    By NewEra in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 10-28-2009, 03:09 AM
  4. Which types do you think are the most sarcastic?
    By paintmuffin in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 10-13-2009, 05:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO