• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is it ever acceptable to lash out at others due to stress?

Is it ever ok to be extremely rude to someone?

• Total voters

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I hate when poll asks something, and op asks something else

aYgyiw1.jpg

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
No, it never is. A lot of people seem to think so though, a lot of people are idiots as well.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
What i realised, is a lot of these people aren't only angry at you, they've had a shitty day, their kids are being dicks, or some other problem is happening and suddenly a voice on the end of the phone to a 'company' becomes the outlet to their rage.

Yeah that's exactly what happens. Phone calls with service desks create a form of depersonalization for certain people. As if they are not talking to a live person.
A bit strange though, since I am personally even more sensitive when it comes to phone calls : I put all my focus to getting the voice intonations etc. from the other person because my Fe has no visual to rely on + I am usually superfriendly on the phone (mainly cause that's also what gets you from A to B the fastest, instead of shouting).

Driving in cars is also another lame ass excuse for a lot of people to act totally different, then when face to face. Though I think most of these people are hardly aware of their own asocial behavior.

But even in a real life one on one conversation we still must not underestimate the power of projections and prejudice. I think outrage against someone is rarely justified. (But if necessary you also have to ! You still need a minimum of assertiveness to deal with folks.)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Ok to bring in an extreme example: child abuse, even if the parent is having a hard time in life, do you think it's justified to abuse the child? that's the type of situation i'm talking about mostly.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Ok to bring in an extreme example: child abuse, even if the parent is having a hard time in life, do you think it's justified to abuse the child? that's the type of situation i'm talking about mostly.

yeah, well, ofcourse not. That's like the biggest no for anyone with a minimal ethical framework. But those kind of situations are really deeply rooted in people and depend on a lot of things in the realm of their own psychology and possibly intelligence. Besides, a matter like child abuse, really isn't just about being rude to someone anymore. That's a felony and has more to do with psychopathology than average social behavior.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
yeah, well, ofcourse not. That's like the biggest no for anyone with a minimal ethical framework. But those kind of situations are really deeply rooted in people and depend on a lot of things in the realm of their own psychology and possibly intelligence. Besides, a matter like child abuse, really isn't just about being rude to someone anymore. That's a felony and has more to do with psychopathology than average social behavior.

that's why i prefaced with extreme example

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Eh, this is kind of hard, I don't think I can vote. I'm conflicted.

Cause I don't think it's right, but I don't know anyone that doesn't do that in some way or another, including myself. So it just, is what it is. We are all in our own little worlds. Some more than others. And really if you think about it, if we are just being us, the way we were made, then we kind of are just doing what we're designed to do. Our egos are designed to protect us. So how can I say that it's really wrong....? It's like saying nature is wrong.

There's always a reason behind someone's actions anyways. And some actions are just less preferred.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Eh, this is kind of hard, I don't think I can vote. I'm conflicted.

Cause I don't think it's right, but I don't know anyone that doesn't do that in some way or another, including myself. So it just, is what it is. We are all in our own little worlds. Some more than others. And really if you think about it, if we are just being us, the way we were made, then we kind of are just doing what we're designed to do. Our egos are designed to protect us. So how can I say that it's really wrong....? It's like saying nature is wrong.

There's always a reason behind someone's actions anyways. And some actions are just less preferred.
We know everyone does that, that's not what I'm asking. I'm asking is it justified?

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah. When I ask to be left alone, nicely, clearly, and repeatedly, and this person continues to pursue mindless engagement with me, I feel justified in saying "please just fucking stop bothering me, damnit." Not that that worked. That ENFP laughed and was even more eager to interact with me.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
We know everyone does that, that's not what I'm asking. I'm asking is it justified?

It's hard to say though. Cause that's asking someone to make a decision about other people, in which we can really never know anything about.

It's just like saying Cindy shouldn't eat ice cream cause it's bad. I don't know what's best for Cindy though. All I know is that I shouldn't eat ice cream.

I think I'm the type of person that thinks things happen for a reason. And whatever happens is meant to happen.

So my answer is I don't know for others. But for my actions, it's probably a no.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Yeah. When I ask to be left alone, nicely, clearly, and repeatedly, and this person continues to pursue mindless engagement with me, I feel justified in saying "please just fucking stop bothering me, damnit." Not that that worked. That ENFP laughed and was even more eager to interact with me.

i mean attacking you out of the blue, not trying to have a conversation with you.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
It's hard to say though. Cause that's asking someone to make a decision about other people, in which we can really never know anything about.

It's just like saying Cindy shouldn't eat ice cream cause it's bad. I don't know what's best for Cindy though. All I know is that I shouldn't eat ice cream.

I think I'm the type of person that thinks things happen for a reason. And whatever happens is meant to happen.

So my answer is I don't know for others. But for my actions, it's probably a no.

Ok so if someone's parent died or they got fired from a job, nothing that effects their brain it's sometimes justified to be an asshole to someone that is minding their own business?

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ok so if someone's parent died or they got fired from a job, nothing that effects their brain it's sometimes justified to be an asshole to someone that is minding their own business?

I don't know the answer to that.

I think that if my parent died, that would definitely affect my brain though. The feelings in our bodies are connected to hormones, which can be released by the brain. So it definitely affects our brain. When someone has adrenal pumping through them, they are less likely to be able to think straight because all the blood goes to the extremities... And our flight or fight response is triggered probably everyday in this crazy world.... we have a lot going on with us that is not easily visible. So it's really hard to say that's it's not justifiable...

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
No. I try as hard as I can not to do it, and I expect the same from others (I understand this expectations may be excessive and I'm willing to concede a slight bit of bitchiness, but no more). It's really one of the typical behaviors that, when allowed, will just make you a punching bag for other people's negative feelings.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
No. I try as hard as I can not to do it, and I expect the same from others (I understand this expectations may be excessive and I'm willing to concede a slight bit of bitchiness, but no more). It's really one of the typical behaviors that, when allowed, will just make you a punching bag for other people's negative feelings.

slight bit is fine, but it's when people say "Oh I lost my job, sorry" like that's a good enough reason to continuously be rude to people. Sorry you lost your job, but don't take your frustrations out on others, especially people who had nothing to do with the situation. I had a major life event happen recently, and yeah it sucks but the thing is it give me no right what so ever to be a bitch to someone. that's my point.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Well Justifiable homicide exists...

That would make justifiable rudeness pretty much a no brainer.