• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is it ever acceptable to lash out at others due to stress?

Is it ever ok to be extremely rude to someone?

• Total voters

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
because of some external situation that is not caused by the person you're being rude to?

I was thinking about my current situation and how some people in a similar situation use it as an excuse to be a bitch to others. Just cuz you're going through a shit time, doesn't give you the right to be an uber bitch, and I will not forgive you for doing so. No matter what you're going through, unless the person who's receiving your bitchiness deserves it. In fact my opinion of you will lower a ton.

PMS falls into this same catagory, I get moody as fuck but I still don't have the right to be rude or mean to anyone. Sometimes I am, but I know I should apologize, and not use PMS as an excuse

I'm not saying be perfect all the time, I'm just saying don't use what you're going through as a get out of jail free card. I was told even if you didn't know it was illegal you're still responsible for your actions

edited the title as [MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION] suggested

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Damnit...I need to start reading the actual thread before voting :p I'm too triggerhappy.

If it's not caused by the person : No.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

this isn't worth arguing. because every time I've gotten in trouble, it because someone was trolling me, or something. I don't randomly attack people for no reason.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was gonna vote "yes" to the question in the thread title, but voted "no" when I read your post.

Jaguar

your passive agressive comments beg to differ

Please.
And unlike yourself, if someone is going through a hard time in their life, I don't take a hard line and be a dick to them. Shit happens in life. People are human. Deal with it.
I can only imagine what you'd say if you had to deal with someone who had a brain tumor.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Please.
And unlike yourself, if someone is going through a hard time in their life, I don't take a hard line and be a dick to them. Shit happens in life. People are human. Deal with it.

I'm not being a dick to anyone. and if i am it's never been because of what i've been going though, because when my life has been good the same thing has happened

oh that's right, you just make passive agressive quips at people.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
allowing someone to mistreat someone for no reason, based solely what's going on in their life is different then not caring about what they're going through

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know if it's ever justified... but boy, it sometimes feels really good. :newwink:

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
When i was working in a call centre, for a cable tv company - hardly a life or death thing, you would not believe the levels of abuse i received when i didn't do as the customer 'asked'. Which was generally get someone out to them in the next 10 minutes, or turn their service back on when they hadn't paid for 3 months. When I worked as a supervisor, it was even worse, because you would get all the 'escalated calls' when people would abuse the fuck out of the general staff and not accept their resolution to the problem at hand.

What i realised, is a lot of these people aren't only angry at you, they've had a shitty day, their kids are being dicks, or some other problem is happening and suddenly a voice on the end of the phone to a 'company' becomes the outlet to their rage. I took great pleasure in being overly sweet to people who were screaming at me, it only made them angrier, which was like delicious, delicious tears in my cup of daily joy.

L

LadyLazarus

No.

I may not be the nicest person but I don't usually go after people who have done nothing to me/not offended me. I don't believe that's correct, whatever I may be going through is no one's problem but my own. I used to have problems with lashing out at people when I was in a less than ideal mood when I was younger but over the years I came to realize what a hypocritical and mean spirited person that made me as I most certainly would not enjoy someone doing the same thing to me. It's been hard(really really hard; see triple reactive) and I still slip up from time to time but I'd much rather struggle than unjustifiably take my problems out on others.

Jaguar

allowing someone to mistreat someone for no reason, based solely what's going on in their life is different then not caring about what they're going through

Here's my point: If someone is going through a difficult time and they shout at me, I focus on the why. The root cause. I don't behave like a spoiled little brat and say "How dare they! Waaahhh!"

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Here's my point: People go through shit in their life and if someone is going through a difficult time and they shout at me, I focus on the why. The root cause. I don't just behave like a spoiled little brat and say "How dare they! Waaahhh!"

I'm not talking about what people do or don't do. I'm talking about is it justify. also I'm referring to when someone comes up to you, while your minding your own business and points out every perceived flaw.

no one was recently rude to me, so no i'm not whining.