User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is it ever ok to be extremely rude to someone?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

9 23.68%
  • no

29 76.32%
First 78910 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I generally tolerate a lot less and have little patience with strangers.. so if someone just walks up and starts acting rude to me, I'm going to try shutting them down very quickly. ... Or in the case of the random drug-addict trying to claim he was a city parking person on my vacation, yell at him until he runs away.
    your reaction to the situation has no bareance on whether or not it's justified, the thing is being ok with it it's like sometimes I want to knock the person in front of me out, because he/she is being annoying, but I wouldn't be justified in doing so.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

As per the thread title? No. Never. It is not acceptable to place pressure/stress/aggression on another person who has no reason to receive it. If you're upset, stressed, or worn out, you keep it to yourself or you vent it through channels that don't place it on another person. It's profoundly rude and unfair to do so, and I can see under no circumstances where that would be warranted. It's wrong through and through, and that's that.

As per the poll title? Yes there are some situations where it's valid to be rude to someone, in particular if it's the only way to deal with the person. In situations like that, the issues are external to the self so "lashing out" has validity to it and very likely is due to the person who is receiving it. What I take issue with is when the issue is internal/personal and has nothing to do with the other person. Honestly though, in most cases being harsh/rude is not validated in my opinion. It usually makes things worse anyway.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    As per the thread title? No. Never. It is not acceptable to place pressure/stress/aggression on another person who has no reason to receive it. If you're upset, stressed, or worn out, you keep it to yourself or you vent it through channels that don't place it on another person. It's profoundly rude and unfair to do so, and I can see under no circumstances where that would be warranted. It's wrong through and through, and that's that.

As per the poll title? Yes there are some situations where it's valid to be rude to someone, in particular if it's the only way to deal with the person. In situations like that, the issues are external to the self so "lashing out" has validity to it and very likely is due to the person who is receiving it. What I take issue with is when the issue is internal/personal and has nothing to do with the other person. Honestly though, in most cases being harsh/rude is not validated in my opinion. It usually makes things worse anyway.
    you worded my thoughts, better than I could've thank you
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

ReflecTcelfeR

No, but it'll happen regardless.

This environment is fine for introspection in a vacuum, but I think that interaction may take away some of this rationality. I think realizations on matters like these are better when you can see another persons reaction.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    your reaction to the situation has no bareance on whether or not it's justified, the thing is being ok with it it's like sometimes I want to knock the person in front of me out, because he/she is being annoying, but I wouldn't be justified in doing so.
    I mean, maybe we're just looking at things really different here.. if they're strangers pretty much, then I have no idea if they're justified in their behavior or not. Maybe they're on a new medication and don't realize they're acting that way. Maybe their loved one just died. Maybe x and y.. I don't really know how 'justified' they are. So it's hard for me to say. I just judge the situation as best I can, if I feel they're just being dickholes, I push at them, if not, I just let it roll off my back.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    yupp

I mean, maybe we're just looking at things really different here.. if they're strangers pretty much, then I have no idea if they're justified in their behavior or not. Maybe they're on a new medication and don't realize they're acting that way. Maybe their loved one just died. Maybe x and y.. I don't really know how 'justified' they are. So it's hard for me to say. I just judge the situation as best I can, if I feel they're just being dickholes, I push at them, if not, I just let it roll off my back.
    I wasn't really thinking of it outside of a self perspective. I was thinking if I was rude to someone because of x would I be justified? and having a loved one die no, I wouldn't
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I wasn't really thinking of it outside of a self perspective. I was thinking if I was rude to someone because of x would I be justified? and having a loved one die no, I wouldn't
    I see what you mean now.. This whole time I'm thinking if I find it justified if others do this to me.. but you're asking if I'm justified if I do it? .. but still I think this is going to make me sound more selfish and entitled than I think I actually come across.. but yeah, if my loved one just died, and you say the wrong thing, I'm snapping. I don't think I'll just approach some random stranger and start shaking them and yelling at them.. but I could see myself easily going off on someone that just said the wrong thing at the wrong time. I don't really look for justification of those situations--they just are. So I suppose my justification is in the 'that's kind of human nature' zone. I advocate anger management a lot in my own life.. but that doesn't mean I'm outside the realm of doing things that are not my normal character.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    yupp

I see what you mean now.. This whole time I'm thinking if I find it justified if others do this to me.. but you're asking if I'm justified if I do it? .. but still I think this is going to make me sound more selfish and entitled than I think I actually come across.. but yeah, if my loved one just died, and you say the wrong thing, I'm snapping. I don't think I'll just approach some random stranger and start shaking them and yelling at them.. but I could see myself easily going off on someone that just said the wrong thing at the wrong time. I don't really look for justification of those situations--they just are. So I suppose my justification is in the 'that's kind of human nature' zone. I advocate anger management a lot in my own life.. but that doesn't mean I'm outside the realm of doing things that are not my normal character.
    Yeah if someone triggers you, that's different.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/so

That always depends on the depth of reason, circumstance/s, to what extent you involve other people you know, you don't know, and are close to. But despite all that, I've always preferred to keep my problems to myself knowing that everyone has problems that they, too, only know~
    "There are so many things to battle, why fight yourself?" ~The Thieves

"A fickle heart is the only constant in this world." ~Turnip-Head

~ Melancholic - 70%Si/65%Te/55%Fi/55%Ne - Trainee Regiment ~

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

acceptable: no
    forgivable: depends
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire