User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is it ever ok to be extremely rude to someone?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

9 23.68%
  • no

29 76.32%
First 56789 Last

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I mean, it's not good and people should try not to; but it's forgivable. As for me I would let the person know that they need to stop or I won't want to hang out with them.

It probably gives you bad karma.

I hate it when people do this, and I try not to because I don't like experiencing it. I know I do come off as abrasive and have dumped my emotions onto people though, even when making an effort not to.

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    People that work in customer service are often treated very rudely, so it would follow that they don't do it themselves. At least, that's my case. Waiting tables, dealing with customers is HARD work considering the pay.
    Yea, I work in customer service. And they are rude lol. But I tried not to do it even before I was in that line of work. But I think everyone does this a little. There's no denying that.

I just didn't understand U's statement.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

People that work in customer service are often treated very rudely, so it would follow that they don't do it themselves. At least, that's my case. Waiting tables, dealing with customers is HARD work considering the pay.
    And it's not always about being treated rudely but also having to answer dumb questions. Of course, if you're a mechanic, you could sometimes use those dumb questions to screw the customer.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    Yea, I work in customer service. And they are rude lol. But I tried not to do it even before I was in that line of work. But I think everyone does this a little. There's no denying that.

I just didn't understand U's statement.
    Ohh, actually I forgot to mention that. This is a poll thread and when he posted that, 11 people had said "no" to "Is it ever ok to be extremely rude to someone?"
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    because of some external situation that is not caused by the person you're being rude to?
    I'm going to answer your question with another question. When is anyone ever solely responsible for the behavior of another?

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    I'm going to answer your question with another question. When is anyone ever solely responsible for the behavior of another?
    where did I say, that it's about being responisble for other's behavior? I'm asking if it's justified. not whether or not it happens. not whether or not you do it. people seriously
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

It's acceptable to lash out at others in certain instances. In therapist Stephen Grosz' "The Examined Life", he tells of a teenage patient who spits at him every session. The therapist acts as if nothing happened even though it distresses him greatly. This behavior is acceptable because the therapist is trained and gets paid to accept the abuse. The same is true with prison guards; if you're a prison guard, you get paid to be insulted and even violently assaulted.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    It's acceptable to lash out at others in certain instances. In therapist Stephen Grosz' "The Examined Life", he tells of a teenage patient who spits at him every session. The therapist acts as if nothing happened even though it distresses him greatly. This behavior is acceptable because the therapist is trained and gets paid to accept the abuse. The same is true with prison guards; if you're a prison guard, you get paid to be insulted and even violently assaulted.
    I'm pretty sure prison guards find ways to "correct" chronically troublesome inmates.

But after finally figuring out what the OP's question was, my answer is "probably not." OP asks if it's ok to lash out at people because of some OTHER stress. Here's an example of that happening:

He did apologize profusely after.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    yupp

I'm pretty sure prison guards find ways to "correct" chronically troublesome inmates.

But after finally figuring out what the OP's question was, my answer is "probably not." OP asks if it's ok to lash out at people because of some OTHER stress. Here's an example of that happening:

He did apologize profusely after.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I think this depends entirely on the length of anger, the situation, and the person you're directing it to...

I've said before and will say again, PMS is no excuse to be bitchy towards someone. You know it's coming by now, it comes every month, you have an idea of it getting here--it's like people getting stressed out about holidays when they've had all year to plan for it.

... But I know that there are things that push my buttons no matter what I do. People who know me just know that I'm a short fuse during those times.. it's sort of a mutual understanding. I don't really think it's appropriate then to be rude, but I don't necessarily always feel bad for the times I am when it's understood the situation is what it is.

I don't at all find it rude to be honest with yourself and others. You can't be kumbia all the time. People were made to vent their stress. If you say "Hey, I need to just yell at you for a while." and your friend/SO or whatever is cool with it, then it's all good. Making a habit out of things (like always being a raging asshole just because you were stuck in traffic when your job puts you in traffic all the time) isn't really being honest with your emotions, and you're sort of taking liberties where they needn't be. But that doesn't mean being rude all the time is inappropriate. You just can't be nice all the time. Nor would I expect my friends to be that way with me. I don't just want to see them at their best.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge