User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is it ever ok to be extremely rude to someone?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

9 23.68%
  • no

29 76.32%
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    yupp

allowing someone to mistreat someone for no reason, based solely what's going on in their life is different then not caring about what they're going through
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I don't know if it's ever justified... but boy, it sometimes feels really good.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I don't know if it's ever justified... but boy, it sometimes feels really good.
    I agree, but we're not talking about how it feels.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

When i was working in a call centre, for a cable tv company - hardly a life or death thing, you would not believe the levels of abuse i received when i didn't do as the customer 'asked'. Which was generally get someone out to them in the next 10 minutes, or turn their service back on when they hadn't paid for 3 months. When I worked as a supervisor, it was even worse, because you would get all the 'escalated calls' when people would abuse the fuck out of the general staff and not accept their resolution to the problem at hand.

What i realised, is a lot of these people aren't only angry at you, they've had a shitty day, their kids are being dicks, or some other problem is happening and suddenly a voice on the end of the phone to a 'company' becomes the outlet to their rage. I took great pleasure in being overly sweet to people who were screaming at me, it only made them angrier, which was like delicious, delicious tears in my cup of daily joy.

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

LadyLazarus

No.

I may not be the nicest person but I don't usually go after people who have done nothing to me/not offended me. I don't believe that's correct, whatever I may be going through is no one's problem but my own. I used to have problems with lashing out at people when I was in a less than ideal mood when I was younger but over the years I came to realize what a hypocritical and mean spirited person that made me as I most certainly would not enjoy someone doing the same thing to me. It's been hard(really really hard; see triple reactive) and I still slip up from time to time but I'd much rather struggle than unjustifiably take my problems out on others.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    allowing someone to mistreat someone for no reason, based solely what's going on in their life is different then not caring about what they're going through
    Here's my point: If someone is going through a difficult time and they shout at me, I focus on the why. The root cause. I don't behave like a spoiled little brat and say "How dare they! Waaahhh!"

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Here's my point: People go through shit in their life and if someone is going through a difficult time and they shout at me, I focus on the why. The root cause. I don't just behave like a spoiled little brat and say "How dare they! Waaahhh!"
    I'm not talking about what people do or don't do. I'm talking about is it justify. also I'm referring to when someone comes up to you, while your minding your own business and points out every perceived flaw.

no one was recently rude to me, so no i'm not whining.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

I'm not talking about what people do or don't do. I'm talking about is it justify.
    Go ask someone who thinks in black and white terms.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Go ask someone who thinks in those black and white terms.
    not everything we do is justified. it's about people trying to justify it when it's not justifiable.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

not everything we do is justified. it's about people trying to justify it when it's not justifiable.
    Not everyone spends their time moralizing.