User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is it ever ok to be extremely rude to someone?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

9 23.68%
  • no

29 76.32%
First 8910

A window to the soul

Nooo.

Hurting people hurt people. Aggression is immature and destructive.

People, please be brave, be assertive, and be constructive; bravely talk through it or bravely walk out of it. Love your enemies! Thank you!
    Likes Noon liked this post

Glamour puss with a tan Raffaella's Avatar

Ah, customer service, such wonderful memories of being harassed by older women, dealing with incompetent staff and electronic systems and yet still smiling at every new person despite it all.

Is it excusable to be extremely rude? No, people aren't your punching bags.

A wannabe dog

Nope, it's not an acceptable reason to lash out at someone just because one is feeling stressed.

I used to have a friend who would do this to me and I dropped her friendship like a plague. People who took their stress out on others really ought to learn some self-control and not be led by their emotions all the time. Everybody already has their own set of problems in their lives that makes them feel stressed, and it's just not fair to them to add to their problems by being rude toward them.

If a person has to lash out at someone when they are feeling stressed, it actually speaks volumes about their character, that they are impulsive and they lacked self-control.
    What if one day, they get into an argument with someone, and they suddenly have this urge to kill the other person, would they just go along with this urge of theirs?

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptive View Post
    Ah, customer service, such wonderful memories of being harassed by older women, dealing with incompetent staff and electronic systems and yet still smiling at every new person despite it all.

Is it excusable to be extremely rude? No, people aren't your punching bags.

I used to work in customer service jobs, and those jobs seriously sucks. I have anxiety myself and I have to deal with customers yelling at me. And of course my anxiety gave in and I started giving what the customer wants instead of what my boss wants, and my boss decides to fire me because of this reason.
    Never once was I rude to those customers, but I still got fired anyway. But I agree with you that it's not excusable to be rude to people and that people aren't our punching bags.
    Likes Noon liked this post

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I think there are explanations as to why someone might be hurtful and rude to someone, but that doesn't mean it is acceptable. I tend to be especially lenient with people when it isn't their fault.

It's a bit like wondering if it's okay to run over someone in your car if you really couldn't help it. Explanations don't have to be excuses.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    I think there are explanations as to why someone might be hurtful and rude to someone, but that doesn't mean it is acceptable. I tend to be especially lenient with people when it isn't their fault.

It's a bit like wondering if it's okay to run over someone in your car if you really couldn't help it. Explanations don't have to be excuses.
    if you're going over40 miles an hour and you are 5 ft away and they hop in front of your car last minute and even if you slam on the brakes, not guaranteed you won't hit them and you can't swerve or don't even have time to react, that's their fault. but because you're the driver you get charged with a crime. that's apples to oranges.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Glamour puss with a tan Raffaella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Complexity View Post
    I used to work in customer service jobs, and those jobs seriously sucks. I have anxiety myself and I have to deal with customers yelling at me. And of course my anxiety gave in and I started giving what the customer wants instead of what my boss wants, and my boss decides to fire me because of this reason.
    Never once was I rude to those customers, but I still got fired anyway. But I agree with you that it's not excusable to be rude to people and that people aren't our punching bags.
    I'm sorry to hear that, I know how frustrating it is at first, it does get better. It happened to my friend as well, she was competent but couldn't handle busier climates. I found out she was fired a few days ago but the guy who lies about his work schedule wasn't. It really depends on the person and company, some are excellent to work for, some have poor management. Thankfully my customer service was focused on health so I didn't deal with much rudeness (since all they wanted was someone to listen to them). Also, pleasing the customer, pleased the employer so I wasn't in a push-pull situation but I developed a coping mechanism of detaching. I think that's a strong F problem, we take it too personally but once you detach, you're able to view the situation rationally.
    Likes Destiny liked this post

No it's never acceptable to lash out at somebody bc you have personal issues with yourself or another party - no excuse .

Understandable yes, acceptable no.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    because of some external situation that is not caused by the person you're being rude to?

I was thinking about my current situation and how some people in a similar situation use it as an excuse to be a bitch to others. Just cuz you're going through a shit time, doesn't give you the right to be an uber bitch, and I will not forgive you for doing so. No matter what you're going through, unless the person who's receiving your bitchiness deserves it. In fact my opinion of you will lower a ton.

PMS falls into this same catagory, I get moody as fuck but I still don't have the right to be rude or mean to anyone. Sometimes I am, but I know I should apologize, and not use PMS as an excuse

I'm not saying be perfect all the time, I'm just saying don't use what you're going through as a get out of jail free card. I was told even if you didn't know it was illegal you're still responsible for your actions

edited the title as @Lexicon suggested
    No.
    Good result (vs. Soton)...still have to go #Arsene

Tengo los conocimientos estardiar....no hay un motivo para estar al tanto de la reunión que sucedió hace mucho tiempo ....

MBTI
    INTP

Would also add this can make one more enemies than it needs......Everybody is different but I know myself and friends have singled out/called out strangers who were abusive to us, if we saw that person again...

I think for any issue, it's best to just figure out the cause and deal with it. Harassing innocents is never a good solution.
    Good result (vs. Soton)...still have to go #Arsene

Tengo los conocimientos estardiar....no hay un motivo para estar al tanto de la reunión que sucedió hace mucho tiempo ....