User Tag List

12311 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Wink Men, Women, and Monkeys (split)

I personally can't keep myself from making that sort of jacking, "you're full of shit" gesture every time I read one of those incredibly gender dividing comments. :rolli:
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I personally can't keep myself from making that sort of jacking, "you're full of shit" gesture every time I read one of those incredibly gender dividing comments. :rolli:
    :high-five:
    I N V I C T U S

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Oh yeah, us guys and gals are like totally the same when it comes to sex and sexual desires. :rolli:
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Oh yeah, us guys and gals are like totally the same when it comes to sex and sexual desires. :rolli:
    i like to be coddled and dominated
    and its nice to have my hair stroked as i cry
    resting my weary head upon the lap of my lover
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I think the differences between men and women are vastly over-rated. Most of them are socially formed. Of course, being social creations, they are subject to popular belief, so ironically, people like you reinforce their existence even as you complain about them.

And for the record, the majority of the time you make some snarky comment about men and women, your depiction of women is closer to what I'm like.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by AvereX View Post
    i like to be coddled and dominated
    and its nice to have my hair stroked as i cry
    resting my weary head upon the lap of my lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I think the differences between men and women are vastly over-rated. Most of them are socially formed. Of course, being social creations, they are subject to popular belief, so ironically, people like you reinforce their existence even as you complain about them.

And for the record, the majority of the time you make some snarky comment about men and women, your depiction of women is closer to what I'm like.
    Word up.

Y'all are exceptions to the *general* rule.

I am pretty exceptional too.

Rock on!!!

`

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chick
    If us gals had the balls, (har-har) to actually explicitly state what turns us on, in detail, y'all would be shocked/bewildered.
    Hey! I totally opened up in this thread! See my steamy, detailed, sexy post a couple pages back.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic
    I personally can't keep myself from making that sort of jacking, "you're full of shit" gesture every time I read one of those incredibly gender dividing comments.
    +1

It's a pet peeve of mine to read or hear someone make broad generalizations about how "all men act" or how "all women behave." It's like, are you kidding?

I don't mind when people make generalizations about men and women in jest or mockery, but when they are completely serious about dividing the human experience into what males experience and what females experience, I just don't understand the logic. If you want to talk about how men and women differ physiologically or societally, and how THAT might have an impact on their behavior, go ahead, but don't try to take universal human emotions and experiences and assign them exclusively and totally to one sex or the other, rather than to the realm of all humans. There may indeed be experiences that apply exclusively to one sex or the other, but it's important to try discern the difference between (1) societal conditioning and/or physiological-based differences and (2) what are most likely universal human experiences, and it's important to try not to blur those lines too much or with reckless abandon. I guess the thing I hate most about these generalizations is that they're not carefully or well thought-out.

WOAH. Mempy just got serious on your asses.

Edited to add:

I also agree with Magic that the differences between men and women are just vastly exaggerated.
    They're running just like you
    For you, and I, wooo
    So people, people, need some good ol' love

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Pssht.

I've sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo done my research on this subject.

I actually happen to exhibit plenty of androgynous characteristics as well.

Go do some research on the physiological effects of estrogen and testosterone on human behavior.

To put an emphasis on societal and environmental factors on sexuality and sex differences is a disservice to people like homosexuals. They are biologically wired differently, just as women and men happen to be.

Of course there are and will forever be exceptions to the *general* rules.

Regardless, please, I implore you, do your research.
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Also, think big, or bigger at least.

Think of males and females in the *entire* animal kingdom.

Then think smaller, think of animals in the mammalian sense, sans hyenas, you will definitely recognize behavioral tendencies of males and females that transcend the species level.

For all intents and purposes and to be concise,

Femininity ~ Estrogen-induced behaviors/characteristics

Masculinity ~ Testosterone-induced behaviors/characteristics
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mempy View Post
    Hey! I totally opened up in this thread! See my steamy, detailed, sexy post a couple pages back.

+1

It's a pet peeve of mine to read or hear someone make broad generalizations about how "all men act" or how "all women behave." It's like, are you kidding?

I don't mind when people make generalizations about men and women in jest or mockery, but when they are completely serious about dividing the human experience into what males experience and what females experience, I just don't understand the logic. If you want to talk about how men and women differ physiologically or societally, and how THAT might have an impact on their behavior, go ahead, but don't try to take universal human emotions and experiences and assign them exclusively and totally to one sex or the other, rather than to the realm of all humans. There may indeed be experiences that apply exclusively to one sex or the other, but it's important to try discern the difference between (1) societal conditioning and/or physiological-based differences and (2) what are most likely universal human experiences, and it's important to try not to blur those lines too much or with reckless abandon. I guess the thing I hate most about these generalizations is that they're not carefully or well thought-out.

WOAH. Mempy just got serious on your asses.

Edited to add:

I also agree with Magic that the differences between men and women are just vastly exaggerated.
    We seem to identify with each other on a lot, Mempy. Why does it always seem like you are in the shadows?

Pssht.

I've sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo done my research on this subject.

I actually happen to exhibit plenty of androgynous characteristics as well.

Go do some research on the physiological effects of estrogen and testosterone on human behavior.

To put an emphasis on societal and environmental factors on sexuality and sex differences is a disservice to people like homosexuals. They are biologically wired differently, just as women and men happen to be.

Of course there are and will forever be exceptions to the *general* rules.

Regardless, please, I implore you, do your research.
    I've studied evolutionary psychology, honey-buns. I'm aware of the effects of hormones. I'm also aware of certain neurological differences but the vast majority of conclusions about men and women open up useless chicken and egg questions. Also, there are an enormous number of studies that are total crap...

I recall the thing that was posted here before about men mentally linking sex and money. The interpretation of their results were so poor...
    Go to sleep, iguana.