User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 135

  1. #51
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    And duh, obviously both men and women love to love and love to fuck and obviously there will be men who love to love more than they love to fuck and women who love to fuck more than they love to love and men and women who love neither.

    But if you can't see the humor and insight in that comment.... I just don't know what to say to you.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  2. #52
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Kegel exercises can level the playing field. Men get older and slower too.
    God bless Kegel exercises!!!



    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    If you would take it in the tongue-in-cheek manner in which I'm sure it was intended (as an exaggeration of trends among the sexes, not a decree about the way things always are) you might see the kernel of truth in there. No, not all men are insatiable, uncontrollable horndogs, and not all women are starry-eyed romance novel heroines. The TRENDS are pretty irrefutable, though--men tend to be more visually and physically oriented where women tend to be more emotionally and situationally oriented. Nobody is saying that all women or all men are one way, or that no women or no men are the other.
    Fo' shizzle!!
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  3. #53
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,911

    Default

    I've actually never found gender based humor funny, at all. And no, I'm not supressing my laughter out of some kind of moral determination, I honestly have no inclination to even smile in the first place. A complete lack of it in society wouldn't be a loss for me at least.

    Anyway, I really don't like how often these generalizations get thrown around. They are the rule rather than the exception. You can tell me your intent is to jest, but intent does not determine consequence... You know how if you repeat a rumor, you give it strength, no matter what you think or say about it? This is sort of the same.

    And the effect does seem apparent. You can call these generalizations insignificant or innocent, but I can't help but notice how someone like myself is basically mute and invisible in a discussion about men and women. You seem to believe it more than you claim.


    As for studies about the differences between male and female behavior, I concluded some time ago that the only really enlightening study would be a trend study. We have to examine the opinions of men and women on a variety of subjects and keep tabs on it over a period of decades, and see how much it changes, and which parts change. That would actually be helpful.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  4. #54
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Running on estrogen: "TV show I like. Ice cream. Nice bath. Sex. Yeah, any of those, why not? Actually, the ice cream might be less messy."
    I hear women say things like this, but I always wonder if it is because they feel they ought to say it. I mean do many women in happy relationships really feel this way? Heck I don't feel this way even when my relationship with husband is getting me down and I'd like to fast track him to the moon.

    When young and single, I had a lot more sexual thoughts and interest than I ever let on because it is just not "safe" to be that open. I tend to think women are just as sexual as men but it is not safe to always allow it come to surface. Then too I see a lot of women in vastly unhappy relationships who use sex as power leverage as something to withhold. I never understand how they are able to do that.

    not all women are starry-eyed romance novel heroines.
    Romance novel heronines usually have a lot of sex. Even the Regency ones now have a lot of sex.

  5. #55
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I hear women say things like this, but I always wonder if it is because they feel they ought to say it. I mean do many women in happy relationships really feel this way? Heck I don't feel this way even when my relationship with husband is getting me down and I'd like to fast track him to the moon.

    When young and single, I had a lot more sexual thoughts and interest than I ever let on because it is just not "safe" to be that open. I tend to think women are just as sexual as men but it is not safe to always allow it come to surface. Then too I see a lot of women in vastly unhappy relationships who use sex as power leverage as something to withhold. I never understand how they are able to do that.
    I, for one, hope that these women become more open to sharing these thoughts. With me or with other men who would be glad to hear them and not judge.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  6. #56
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I've actually never found gender based humor funny, at all. And no, I'm not supressing my laughter out of some kind of moral determination, I honestly have no inclination to even smile in the first place. A complete lack of it in society wouldn't be a loss for me at least.
    I agree with this. I don't find gender based humor funny at all, and not even because I think it's 'harmful' or ideological. It just plain isn't funny.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  7. #57
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    I love a good strong romance novel heroine!!!



    And the sex scenes are totally hot.

    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  8. #58
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I, for one, hope that these women become more open to sharing these thoughts. With me or with other men who would be glad to hear them and not judge.
    Part of the "unsafe" is knowing your own female nature, that if you allowed yourself to become inappropriately sexual you would end up bonding with someone unsuitable. So it is not that the female doesn't want the sexuality or feel it but that sexuality makes her more vulnerable so she feels she must supress it for self protection.

    When a partner arrives and it is safe, then sexuality can flow more freely. At least this is how it seems to me. That women have just as much sexual interest as men but not as free to show it because of the difference in emotional natures and then all the issues around the fact that for a woman, sex can bring a pregnancy.

    The married women who tell me they don't like sex with husband or are avoiding it, invaribly seem to be locked into a power struggle with him over childcare and household chores issues. I cannot help but wonder if resentment quells their desire or they are denying themselves in order to leverage power over him> Some of them have admitted they withhold to gain favors or such.

  9. #59
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    I love a good strong romance novel heroine!!!



    And the sex scenes are totally hot.

    Preach it!

  10. #60
    Lallygag Moderator Geoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INXP
    Posts
    5,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Part of the "unsafe" is knowing your own female nature, that if you allowed yourself to become inappropriately sexual you would end up bonding with someone unsuitable. So it is not that the female doesn't want the sexuality or feel it but that sexuality makes her more vulnerable so she feels she must supress it for self protection.

    When a partner arrives and it is safe, then sexuality can flow more freely. At least this is how it seems to me. That women have just as much sexual interest as men but not as free to show it because of the difference in emotional natures and then all the issues around the fact that for a woman, sex can bring a pregnancy.

    The married women who tell me they don't like sex with husband or are avoiding it, invaribly seem to be locked into a power struggle with him over childcare and household chores issues. I cannot help but wonder if resentment quells their desire or they are denying themselves in order to leverage power over him> Some of them have admitted they withhold to gain favors or such.
    Quite insightful - I've known a couple of women who've said they back off of sex, and find that very difficult, because they know that it creates emotional attachment and they don't want to bond with someone inappropriate (err, not me in this example I'm pleased to say )

Similar Threads

  1. Men, Women, and Crying
    By Eileen in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 08-10-2009, 03:51 PM
  2. Women and men: exploring the "wo".
    By Samuel De Mazarin in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-07-2008, 03:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO