User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    No, I was being serious. They both stimulate pleasure. We strive for both resources and sex to promote longevity.
    You'd have to see the article to understand why it was stupid. I'm sure you can dig it up. Though I don't remember if it was in this forum or the science forum... But it was probably in this one.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    No, I was being serious. They both stimulate pleasure. We strive for both resources and sex to promote longevity.
    I would need a link to the thread and more specifically to the article before I could make any solid yeas or nays regarding whatever the proposed theory was/is.

Hmm, men sex and money: I think one of the main reasons why men like/seek out money is because it lends them greater access to obtain "greater" sex, in both potential quantity, and quality of mate(s).
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Split from what turns you on?

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I'm aware of sexual dimorphism. Duh.

So ummm... let's take those little facts about the brains of men and women, and draw the bridge from their, to....

...here:

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Lol @ men.

What simple creatures.

God bless 'em

If us gals had the balls, (har-har) to actually explicitly state what turns us on, in detail, y'all would be shocked/bewildered.

This is why men are so easy to get off, and women...not so much.
    Explanations?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Men are more easily aroused than women, they *tend* to have a lower threshold for sexual stimulation in order to reach orgasm.
    `

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Hmm, men sex and money: I think one of the main reasons why men like/seek out money is because it lends them greater access to obtain "greater" sex, in both potential quantity, and quality of mate(s).
    I don't 100% agree. You have to be a guy and think guy-thoughts to know this, tho. When I want money, I am not thinking about girls. I'm thinking a bit about status, but really, I'm thinking about pleasure and shit like that. The access to females...eh. It might be true that THOSE WHO ARE AVARICIOUS get more chicks, and pass on their genes with greater chances of survival, making the genes more numerous. But that's not the same as saying what you said, imo. It also points out a weakness in evolutionary psych in that anyone can connect behaviors to access to survival and you'd have a hard time falsifying the claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic
    We seem to identify with each other on a lot, Mempy. Why does it always seem like you are in the shadows?
    What does that mean? Like, waiting to pop out of the darkness on you like some ninja, or just watching you from afar and observing things? Well, I tend toward both habits, especially the second. That would be my reclusive, reserved and anxious side.

In the thread this subject was split from, I really let loose and described some of my biggest turn-ons. I enjoy the release from my anxiety and seriousness that sexuality provides. But that may be the same old, same old for most serious, anxious, independent recluses.
    They're running just like you
    For you, and I, wooo
    So people, people, need some good ol' love

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Edahnis:

Dude, I feel you, for example, I want to obtain money simply as a means to gain personal freedom to do what I please, when I please, and I believe many men would agree with this sentiment.

But, yeah, you're right many men do want themselves some money, power, and status, for um....yeah, for multiple "noble" reasons.
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Men are more easily aroused than women, they *tend* to have a lower threshold for sexual stimulation in order to reach orgasm.
    Is that so? Okay... But what about this?

If us gals had the balls, (har-har) to actually explicitly state what turns us on, in detail, y'all would be shocked/bewildered.

This is why men are so easy to get off, and women...not so much.
    You've actually sort of already given another cause here. So explain why the first statement is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Mempy View Post
    What does that mean? Like, waiting to pop out of the darkness on you like some ninja, or just watching you from afar and observing things? Well, I tend toward both habits, especially the second. That would be my reclusive, reserved and anxious side.

In the thread this subject was split from, I really let loose and described some of my biggest turn-ons. I enjoy the release from my anxiety and seriousness that sexuality provides. But that may be the same old, same old for most serious, anxious, independent recluses.
    I mainly meant... Where are you, and why don't I see you around more often?
    Is it simply because of being reclusive, reserved, and anxious?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

And all of the questions I'm asking so far side-step the part about you calling men simple creatures. Which is something of an insult to me, and I imagine you would have an especially hard time validating that with evolutionary psychology.
    Go to sleep, iguana.