User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I think you're largely right here. Sometimes we deny certain truths because it's not the way we'd like things to be in an ideal world. My only beef here is that I see a little wiggle room on #2. Very little. It's true, though, that feminism and biology are at direct odds with each other, and will be as long as only one gender can give birth.
    Errmmm... Sometimes feminism gets a little whacky, but yeah... you've got to admit that #2 is worth more than a little beef. It's worth a big beef.

1, 3, and 5 seems kind of obvious. I wonder how steadfast #4 really is.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

That emotional needs of women list was in fact written by a man. His name is Frank B. Kermit.

I think you're largely right here. Sometimes we deny certain truths because it's not the way we'd like things to be in an ideal world. My only beef here is that I see a little wiggle room on #2. Very little. It's true, though, that feminism and biology are at direct odds with each other, and will be as long as only one gender can give birth.
    Yes.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I'm rather fond of both of you. Hope this doesn't take an awkward direction.
    I don't agree with some of her ideas. However, it won't change my opinion of her. I don't attach feelings to debate. She's a very nice individual.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

It's true, though, that feminism and biology are at direct odds with each other, and will be as long as only one gender can give birth.
    Well, 'feminism' is a very broad term that encompasses several different (and often conflicting) ideologies, so I'd be wary of generalizing it's meaning. If you're talking about the 'radical feminism' crap that you hear from the likes of Andrea Dworkin and her ilk, then yes, I'd agree with you. Unfortunately it's the 'feminism' of this sort that you have to hear about all the time.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    I don't agree with some of her ideas. However, it won't change my opinion of her. I don't attach feelings to debate. She's a very nice individual.
    Ditto. There is no one here who I have any hard feelings towards. I'm slowly starting to adore you all even if we do disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I consider giving birth the most feminist act I've ever performed.
    Dang you and your ability to cut someone's point to ribbons in a minimum of words! I wish there were a smiley of somebody angrily shaking their fist

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Well, 'feminism' is a very broad term that encompasses several different (and often conflicting) ideologies, so I'd be wary of generalizing it's meaning. If you're talking about the 'radical feminism' crap that you hear from the likes of Andrea Dworkin and her ilk, then yes, I'd agree with you. Unfortunately it's the 'feminism' of this sort that you have to hear about all the time.
    I agree. For the record, I had radical feminism in mind. The kind that tries to will the uterus out of existence through legislation or rhetoric. That has always seemed to me a rather illogical position to take, because while advocating for women, it completely surrenders to the male paradigm of power and fights an impossible battle to claim it.

You're also correct that we rarely hear more moderate views. Sadly, every cause is dominated by the radical edge because they're the ones that are the most committed and the ones that make for the best story. Too many institutions suffer from bad reputations because people assume everyone in that institution thinks and acts like the radical edge.

Sorry, that post was kind of all over the place :p
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I agree. For the record, I had radical feminism in mind. The kind that tries to will the uterus out of existence through legislation or rhetoric. That has always seemed to me a rather illogical position to take, because while advocating for women, it completely surrenders to the male paradigm of power and fights an impossible battle to claim it.

You're also correct that we rarely hear more moderate views. Sadly, every cause is dominated by the radical edge because they're the ones that are the most committed and the ones that make for the best story. Too many institutions suffer from bad reputations because people assume everyone in that institution thinks and acts like the radical edge.

Sorry, that post was kind of all over the place :p
    No need to apologize, I get your drift . I'm not a fan of those fringe feminist ideologies either...the type that try to make absurd arguments along the lines of "PMS is a patriarchal myth", or "Newton's Principia is a rape manual".

MBTI
    ENFJ

"PMS is a patriarchal myth"
    It's not exactly myth, but it hardly seems fair that as soon as a woman starts acting like a bitch, people's minds automatically wander to her pants, when the worst parts of PMS are often not even mood swings.

I'm always a bitch, regardless of the stage of my menstrual cycle. So please. Stop wondering.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    It's not exactly myth, but it hardly seems fair that as soon as a woman starts acting like a bitch, people's minds automatically wander to her pants, when the worst parts of PMS are often not even mood swings.
    True, but that's due more to other people's (mis)use of the concept of PMS than to the condition itself. Some radical feminists would deny that any such physiological condition exists at all.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

True, but that's due more to other people's (mis)use of the concept of PMS than to the condition itself. Some radical feminists would deny that any such physiological condition exists at all.
    I wonder if they actually mean that or if they're just using that argument as a means to an end. I like to pretend that people are reflective.