5 19.23%
  • The Leader

3 11.54%
  • The Motoric

0 0%
  • The Artist

1 3.85%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are your talents? (typology)

729 sx/sp
    IEE Ne

Creative and intellectual seemed closest.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Creative Thinker. My main talents are brainstorming, improvising, and performing. I am especially creative in my verbal expression, less so in writing.

Will take the test later. Was about to say that when I engage my visual imagination long enough, it invariably puts me to sleep. You have no idea how useful this is.

I'd say I have elements of the academic and the artist, but not all the qualities of either type.

Some blend of Creative Thinker and Artist.

deplorable basketcase Array Tellenbach's Avatar

Academic. I especially excel at nitpicking and fault finding; other talents include crushing the young nephew at chess and ignoring loud cat noises at night, but what I'm most proud of is my ability to amuse myself. Just today, I browsed at a bunch of ball point pens for a good 15 minutes.
    "Stop eating cupcakes! Stop Eating Cupcakes!! STOP EATING CUPCAKES!!"

Paragon Gone Wrong Array OrangeAppled's Avatar
    4w5 sp/sx
    IEI Ni

The Creative Thinker fits best (not surprised if many NPs relate to that the most).

Close seconds:
    Visual Artist

Specific Academic fits pretty well too, but didn't resonate immediately. As much as I may have obsessions & phases of interest (ie. personality typology), I think I am more of a generalist.

Not good at:

edit: Any other people in the US in that were in "Gifted & Talented" program? What was the criteria for you to be placed there?
    I was a part of that program as a kid, but am not sure what criteria they used. The school did give us IQ tests (the only one I've ever taken & I have no idea my score). About 8 of us from the 5th grade classes got to go off after lunch & do more complex projects, which to me often felt like goofing off. I remember writing a play & building a time machine (part of the play) & being a really Nazi as I directed my peers in that particular project. I think we did this instead of math with the rest of the classes, but it's such a blur.

I thought the gifted population was less than 2% of people, so even about 8 kids out of an estimated 150 5th graders in the school is an over-representation. Most likely some of us were just "above average" and not actually "gifted", or they used other criteria than the IQ test.
    "Charlotte sometimes dreams a wall around herself. But it's always with love - So much love it looks like everything else. Charlotte Sometimes - So far away, glass sealed and pretty." - The Cure

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx - 451| RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive

7w6 sx/sp

I'd say creative thinker with intellectual and artist tied for second, minus the whole good spatial thing. Seriously. I bump into walls. It's not pretty, nor are my driving skills.

7w6-4w5-9w1 sx/sp ISFP

Chaotic neutral~Accidental Slytherin

♪ "I'm like a bird, I shit on people's cars." ~ John Oliver

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

The sheep tramp.

The sheep tramp is just like you, he's like everybody and therefore expendable, in his uselessness he achieves a state of value to the more talented wherein they are raised up in status by his inadequacy.

Thank you sheep tramp!
    "An upsidedown wire heart
    Being sucked into a periscope
    Still the mind is dull
    Like you need another excuse"

… a theory is primarily a form of insight, i.e. a way of looking
    at the world, and not a form of knowledge of how the world is….
    .. all our different ways of thinking are to be considered as
    different ways of looking at the one reality, each with some
    domain in which it is clear and adequate….
    - David Bohm

I'm an inquisitive, intellectual artist who creatively thinks on a consistent bases and is well-known for her academic powers, athletic accomplishments and natural leadership qualities.

I'm also a trained assassin who can walk on water and shape shift, you know, just in case anybody was wondering. Not to mention, I have a marvelous sense of humor and am oh, so humble
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese