5 19.23%
  • The Leader

3 11.54%
  • The Motoric

0 0%
  • The Artist

1 3.85%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are your talents? (typology)

Too much overlap for me to choose only one.
    When all else fails, claim it's rigged.

4w5 sx/so

I fit pretty darn well into 5/6 of these, with 2 winning out. The descriptions alone are interesting. The Leader qualities made me laugh because it created such clarity as to why I'm not super forthcoming w/ the leadership capacity I have-- all of the bullet points there ring true except "well liked by peers" and "self confidence", haha. People do like me when they get to know me, but I generally keep myself at arms length.

The Academic I wanted to rank last because I have strong (negative) feelings about academia and traditional higher education, but I actually do fit the description.

I guess I rank in this order:

Artist + Creative Thinker (these are probably equal, but went with Creative Thinker on the poll)

@AffirmitiveAnxiety I'd say "tenacious pusher" falls under Leader.
    Last edited by small.wonder; 04-21-2014 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Spelling, grammar and all that jazz.
    Find my Enneagram writing here, and ethical boutique here.✨

4w3 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I did actually get into school when I was four; the school wouldn't take me because my birthday was late, my parents insisted they test me, and I apparently blew away the test and there was no point in holding me back since they would just move me ahead soon enough. I was reading a number of grades above my level when still in elementary school. I was invited to join the Gifted program when our school offered it, but my parents wouldn't let me because "they didn't want me to be a snob."

Whatever. Instead, I was just mostly bored. I was voraciously reading outside schoolwork anyway, and also heavily involved in art and music. I started writing fiction and music in high school.
    Yeah I was exactly the same over my years in school. I was also tested gifted as a child but the elementary school in our community hadn't even got a program for gifted children. We're just too small for that. However, I remember how bored I was in elementary school, because I knew many things beforehand. I've been told that I could read the license plates of cars when I haven't even turned 2 yet. Ok, self-appreciation aside. I've got the problem now that I never learned how to learn things I don't want to. I'm going to graduate from Gymnasium (just like high school, nothing to do with sports) soon and I don't know how to accomplish the graduation tests. I basically slept in the lessons.
    I also started to "write" music in Gymnasium. I think I was 14 or sth. and now I developed a passion for it. I want to become a composer for movie scores someday but right now I'm far away from that goal in terms of technical skills. I don't think I could ever compose something majestic as Lord of the Rings or Inception. However, lucky me, my parents are able to pay me an education on audio engineering.
    But enough about my stuff for now.
    Would you describe yourself succesful in your life? Did you accomplish the goals you had?
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by small.wonder View Post
    MENTION=15392]AffirmitiveAnxiety I'd say "tenacious pusher" falls under Leader.
    Actually when I say tenacious pusher I mean I tenaciously push myself despite my lack of talent.
    "An upsidedown wire heart
    Being sucked into a periscope
    Still the mind is dull
    Like you need another excuse"

… a theory is primarily a form of insight, i.e. a way of looking
    at the world, and not a form of knowledge of how the world is….
    .. all our different ways of thinking are to be considered as
    different ways of looking at the one reality, each with some
    domain in which it is clear and adequate….
    - David Bohm

6w5 sx/sp
    ILI Ni

I'm not super talented/gifted in any of them but Creative Thinking, General Intellectual Ability and Leadership are probably three that I have some ability in.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar

Leader and Motoric with bits and pieces of the three smart guy ones.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

4w5 sx/sp

Creative thinker, intellectual second, academic third.

Not even a little bit of the last 3

Certified Sausage Smoker Array Elfboy's Avatar
    5w4 sx/sp
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I'm not super talented/gifted in any of them but Creative Thinking, General Intellectual Ability and Leadership are probably three that I have some ability in.
    same for me
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

eating bugs out of hair. Array prplchknz's Avatar

I said creative. But who knows? does it matter? probably, do I care? not really? I'll probably die working in mcdonalds
    by @magpie

my talent knows no bounds