• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If You Had to Pick, What Are Your Top Two Needs Out of This List?

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1)Certainty/Security
2)Uncertainty/Variety
3)Significance
4)Connection/Love
5)Growth
6)Contribution

- Please list your MBTI, enneatype, and/or varients if possible.

- If you want to explain how you get these needs met, that would be awesome too.

- And do you think your needs have changed over time?

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mine: (as of what I can tell right now)

1) Certainty
2) Significance, with Connection coming in very close behind it.

-ENtJ, 6w7 sp/sx

-I get certainty met by having stability in my relationships (right now it's friends and family), taking care of the finances, taking care of my health, and taking care of my home.

-I think there's a little room for change, but not much. I have needed certainty my whole life, and I don't see that going away anytime soon. And I'm on the fence with significance and connection atm. I'll probably come back to these.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Growth and Contribution but all less important than toilet

Eneagram: 7w8 sx

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Certainty
Growth

MBTI: INfP
Enneagram: 9w1/4w5/5w4

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Connection/Love
Growth

INFJ
6w5 - 4w5 - 8w7
Sx/Sp

The first need should ideally come naturally, while the second should be met if the first is kept nurtured with healthy communication and a mutual effort and desire to maintain.

I may have cared more about Certainty/Security in my relationships in the past.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Significance and Growth.
MBTI: INFP , Enneagram: 4w3 so/sp.
Significance because I want to leave some mark in this world, and growth because most of all I hate when I feel like stagnating and not using my potential.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Contribution, and connection/love.

I don't have any kind of debt and I have some savings + unemployment insurance so I think I got "security" covered at the moment.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
growth
connection/love

MBTI: INFJ Enneagram: 5w6 sp/sx

Really, I figure I just need growth, and any other needs will be met in due course as I go along. With growth, my life will be filled with rich, meaningful experiences, and bonds with others. I don't necessarily need security or certainty, I let go of those desires back when I was a kid. I don't think these basic needs have changed much over time, for me. There's a unique balance to be found between that sense of security and the open-ended realm of possibilities. I walk along that tightrope in life. An adventure.

L

LadyLazarus

Significance
Connection/love

-ISFP 6w7 sx/sp
-I get these needs met through forming meaningful romantic relationships, however when I am not in a relationship I am forced to go without and it's not pleasant to say the least.
-I do not think my needs have changed over time, I've always needed and wanted those two things for as long as I can remember.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Certainty/Security
Contribution

INTJ, enneagram 8, quite sure sp first, not sure on the rest.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
1.certainty/secuirty
4.connection/love

INFP,?, Sp/Sx

I dunno I don't think I get them met all the time

S

Stansmith

ISFP 6w7 So/Sx

1) Growth
2) Connection/Love
3) Significance
4) Certainty/Security
5) Contribution
6) Uncertainty/Variety

A little bit.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
4) Connection/love
3) Significance
1) or 5) would be third/fourth.

INTJ 5w4 sx/sp
I connect significance with purpose. Security is vital, but pointless if it edges out one of the top 2.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Connection/love
Growth

ENFP 7w6 2w1 9w1 sx/sp

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ENFP 7w6 - 2w3 - 9w8 so/sx or sx/so

1. Connection/Love
2. Uncertainty/Variety

Interesting how most of the self-typed 6s so far go with Certainty/Security. Unsurprising, but interesting. :D

At the same time, I thought I wouldn't be the first one in this thread to go with Uncertainty/Variety given the amount of Ps in this thread but it looks like it. :thinking: Although it makes sense for me given E and P seem to be my strongest preferences.

Anyway, my reasons are obviously I'll feel unfulfilled without significant connections. Specifically searching for that connection with that one special person, because it seems so hard to find and so fulfilling. Uncertainty/Variety comes at a very close second, because although I do love the feeling of security and having a safety net my life would feel so dull if it was stuck in a routine. Adding variety to my live keeps me alive and reminds me how much of life there is yet to be explored.

As for why I didn't pick the others, I didn't pick growth because I mostly care about being happy. As long as I feel happy/fulfilled I'm not too concerned with growth. Same goes for significance. I also don't really feel a need to contribute to anything if it doesn't relate to my personal gain as terrible as it sounds haha. Watching the world come together in unity is a beautiful thing and of course I'll do my part, but most of the time I'm just looking out for my own benefit. A bit selfish, I know.

tl;dr - my first priority in life is happiness and the two I picked are most closely related to it for me.

Thanks for the thread [MENTION=14015]Urarienev[/MENTION]. :)

Oh, and my needs have changed over time. But I'm only 18. As a child, I would have prioritized Uncertainty/Variety over Connection/Love.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
connection/love
significance

INFP 4w5 sx/sp

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ESTJ 1w2-7w6-3w4 so/sx/sp

Contribution
Growth

- If you want to explain how you get these needs met, that would be awesome too.
Becoming a better and more capable person over time. Making a tangible difference.
Not really. I think if you'd asked me this three or four years ago, I would have underestimated my need for growth, and would have put "certainty/security" as my second. But now I know what stagnation feels like, enough to know that it suffocates me like it would suffocate a fish.

Edit: Wasn't sure how to separate "significance" and "contribution" -- decided that by my working definition, "contribution" can include "significant contribution", but without the glory. I can do without the glory.

AzulEyes

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1)Certainty/Security
2)Uncertainty/Variety
3)Significance
4)Connection/Love
5)Growth
6)Contribution

- Please list your MBTI, enneatype, and/or varients if possible.

1- Connection / Love. I simply need it. :)
2- Toss up between Growth and Contribution. Remaining stagnant / not contuining to learn, is like death to me. But also- I need to give back anywhere that I can.

MBTI and enneagram are in my signature.

I get these needs met thru close individuals in my life. Romantic love interest and children and friends. Also, reading- searching - not believing everything I read- seeking a higher truth always. And getting involved in areas where my skills can serve others.

Yes- my needs have changed over time. The first two not so much- but the need to contribute has increased exponentially once I proved myself professionally. Now I want to help others.