• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What kinds of things offend you?

Freesia

cool cat
MBTI Type
Meow
Enneagram
:0)
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Be it culturally, personally, etc. And how do you handle the offense?

yeghor

Being treated as something lesser than a human being... So any kind of abuse basically...

Specifically most of the time... being yelled at... being ordered around... being talked over...

I try to keep my cool and refuse to do as the offender pleases... If the offender continue with the violation, theoretically I would notify pertinent authorities... they do not function that well in my country though...or in high school...

In the past I gave in to the offenders too many times though and those instances left their mark... I didn't have a good support system, neither in terms of family, friends nor authorities... So I had to internalize it and move on...

á´…eparted

passages
I'm really offended by people who intentionally act inappropriate to get a rise out of, make a scene, offend, etc. people they don't know. When it's among friend that's fine because there's mutual understanding. With strangers though? That's called being an asshole.

So in effect, I am offended by people who intentionally try to offend others.

Mole

Permabanned
I am profoundly, deeply and irrevocably offended by those who are hynotised by the world rather than meditating on themselves.

At this point in time I do both, I am hypnotised by the world as well as meditating.

This is a dangerous position to be in as the hypnosis and the meditation reinforce one another and form an addictive trance.

So I am very slowly letting to of the hypnosis and starting to rely just on the meditation. But the addictive trance of hypnosis and meditation is very tempting, even compelling.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
It's context based and relative, that's all I can really say on what offends me.

Half the time I'm not even sure where my lines are drawn and it seems to me that they are always constantly being rewritten. I know it when I see it, but I don't always see it until I know it and then it is upon me.

L

LadyLazarus

Everything offends me it's very annoying to say the least.:dry: I've gotten offended because someone didn't put their fork down correctly.I'm serious. I usually deal with the offence by reprimanding the person if I know them well or leaving the person if I do not. However, I try to hide the fact that I am offended/get over it(that is honestly very hard for me to do) if I feel I am blowing things out of proportion too much when I can tell that is.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
People insist they can know someone else's life based on very little

G

garbage

Are we talking about simple words, or are we talking direct actions against me, too? Punches in the face?

I get the sense that I'm too detached--and too calculating--to get offended by words, for the most part. People are who they are, they do what they do, there may be partial truth in what they say; it's pretty easy to shove their words into proper context. If a person who's close to me has said something that 'should' cause me offense, I just ask for clarification--as those who are close to me are, more often than not, well-intentioned. Those who aren't just don't matter enough to offend me.

For instance, my mother-in-law tried to set my now-wife up with someone from her culture, while the two of us were dating--three times; I didn't get offended. I've had a paper or two get absolutely shredded by editors; some of whom actually read the thing, some of whom clearly hadn't. Either way.. ... well, what's the problem?

Actions, such as breaches of trust or punches to the face (barring sparring), could very well do it for me. Probably also threats against my life (which, yeah, are words).

G

Glycerine

Disingenuous actions. If you consistently tell me you are going to do something for me but flake out most of the time, then adios. Like [MENTION=5578]garbage[/MENTION], I don't get offended by words... more of what they might represent of a person's overall character.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Are we talking about simple words, or are we talking direct actions against me, too? Punches in the face?

I get the sense that I'm too detached--and too calculating--to get offended by words, for the most part. People are who they are, they do what they do, there may be partial truth in what they say; it's pretty easy to shove their words into proper context. If a person who's close to me has said something that 'should' cause me offense, I just ask for clarification--as those who are close to me are, more often than not, well-intentioned. Those who aren't just don't matter enough to offend me.

For instance, my mother-in-law tried to set my now-wife up with someone from her culture, while the two of us were dating--three times; I didn't get offended. I've had a paper or two get absolutely shredded by editors; some of whom actually read the thing, some of whom clearly hadn't. Either way.. ... well, what's the problem?

Actions, such as breaches of trust or punches to the face (barring sparring), could very well do it for me. Probably also threats against my life (which, yeah, are words).

Generally I'm like this, but because of fucking fi it's not true all the time

I also tend to be not smart and often not realize I'm being insulted so that might be why

V

violaine

I don't get offended much. The one thing that genuinely offends me is when someone UNFAIRLY attacks someone I care about, particularly if the person isn't great at defending themselves. That will get a really big reaction from me.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Intentional ignorance.
Gaslighting
Any kind of religious extremism/fanaticism. The type of religion is irrelevant.
Pushy people, in general.

It's difficult to offend me for the most part. The only one of the above I see with any regularity is intentional ignorance. Of course things irritate me. Traffic jams for no reason, snow in mid April, people who put bumper stickers on a Cadillac, but those are mild and gone as quickly as they came on.

Aleria

- When people assume things about me.

- When people deliberately ignore me without a reason to do so.

- When people invalidate my point of view saying that I'm theoretical therefore anything I say about certain topic isn't valid.

- When people distort my opinions/ feelings/ thoughts and use it against me.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That's what Myers Briggs helps me understand, and thus take less offense. There's a quote in the movie Ender's Game that I like - "When you understand your enemy, you come to love them." "Love" is pushing it, and I still get offended...

An ISTJ I know lectures me about global events and politics in a derogatory tone. When I correct the tiniest detail, or explain how I see the situation, she yells something like "Democrats care about the middle class! Republicans only care about the rich!" She thinks I'm so stupid that I don't swallow that unquestioningly. Myers Briggs has led me to realize that, although she has many admirable traits, she has difficulty with the theoretical. I frustrate her by over-complicating things that are so simple and black and white to her. It feels great to point at the Myers Briggs in my mind and understand why she's gone so apeshit about this. She's automatically right too. She's been successful in various aspects of her life and I think she generalizes this success to mean intelligence. That may or may not have sometihng to do with Myers Briggs, but it seems Te to me.

Not saying all ISTJ's are like this. But this one is this way.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I am offended by people who get offended by things I say when I'm not even trying to be offensive at all!

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Unwarranted (negative) opinions about me or my work from strangers or acquaintances. Like "you have gotten fat", "your work sucks", "you pronounced that word incorrectly" in a somewhat random conversation. Where I'm now (Germany) these remarks seem to be fairly "normal" and needless to say, they piss me off. Sure if I ask my personal trainer he can definitely tell me I have gotten fat, or my boss can tell me that I've made a mistake or a teacher can tell me that I've said something incorrectly. But random people? Hell no, get away from me.
Likely cultural, in Italy these type of remarks may quickly lead to a fight (unless you have really gotten very fat, your work really sucks, or your pronunciation was completely horrible).

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm offended by disharmonious stimuli. Repulsive visuals, audio, touch, taste and smells. These things are subjective to a degree and can be altered based on new information.

I'm offended by anxiety.
Misunderstandings give me anxiety.

I'm not offended by ignorance but I am offended by products and influences derived by it.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Taken from another thread:

Even in real life I rarely do this, since I am all for someone "being themselves' as long as they don't try to impose that vision of what a person "should be" onto me.

That offends me.

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
Taken from another thread:

That offends me.
yeah. It's one of the few things that are REALLY unacceptable to me and there isn't much wiggle room. I'm so accepting and open hearted but I cannot accept someone who will expect me to be something I'm not, and have no desire to be.