User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

People who never question the causes they fight for. Also, like @Nights and Days, people who take offense more often than they understand.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Unwarranted (negative) opinions about me or my work from strangers or acquaintances. Like "you have gotten fat", "your work sucks", "you pronounced that word incorrectly" in a somewhat random conversation. Where I'm now (Germany) these remarks seem to be fairly "normal" and needless to say, they piss me off. Sure if I ask my personal trainer he can definitely tell me I have gotten fat, or my boss can tell me that I've made a mistake or a teacher can tell me that I've said something incorrectly. But random people? Hell no, get away from me.
    Likely cultural, in Italy these type of remarks may quickly lead to a fight (unless you have really gotten very fat, your work really sucks, or your pronunciation was completely horrible).
    "Your work sucks" is vague and unhelpful. "You have gotten fat," also unhelpful. Maybe, people with low Ni or Ne functions genuinely had a hard time squeezing these thoughts, searching their mind for the generalization of how to characterize your work product. They figure if it was so hard for to figure out, no way some incompetent fatso could figure it out on their own. They had to tell you. Otherwise, you wouldn't know. Or maybe, they're just bastards. But it doesn't make sense to tell someone they've gotten fat. It's not funny or helpful, and you'd know as soon as you zipped up your pants.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    I don't get offended by words... more of what they might represent of a person's overall character.
    Yeah, that. Their character helps place the remarks into context.

What's their intent? Is it to be a total prick (or insert your own word there), or is it to be constructive? It's easy to brush off the former and take in the latter.

It's even easier if they've established a pattern of one or another. I love when people do so--they've done the legwork for me. And then I can kick back and relax.

Quote Originally Posted by violaine View Post
    The one thing that genuinely offends me is when someone UNFAIRLY attacks someone I care about, particularly if the person isn't great at defending themselves.
    This, too. 'Offense' being levied at me is one thing; being levied at another person is quite.. well, another.

Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    I am offended by people who get offended by things I say when I'm not even trying to be offensive at all!
    See, that's part of what drives my take on the matter. Lots of people don't try to be offensive, so why let 'em be? If a statement's subject to interpretation, why would one pick the interpretation that pisses them off?

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Of course things irritate me.
    Same. I get irritated (and impatient) much more than I get offended.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    IEE Ni

Racist assholes, "I love black people, doesn't mean I'll date one" Fat shamers, "Ewww, why would I ever date a fat girl, how can you do that to yourself? that's just unhealthy" *works out at least three times a week, eats healthy, and has been fat my whole life* People who shit on any form of activism during a conversation, "what are you an philosopher?" "No, I just don't think self harm/racist jokes are funny" "ohhh you tumblr girl" "No, it's just common sense". And yeah people who get offended over petty issues, and just want to argue. I mean very petty issues. For example: my friend gets harassed by this one girl for being white and having dreads, saying she doesn't understand "African american culture" People who assume all gay guys are flamboyant and feminine, people who assume all lesbians are biker chicks and masculine. Stereotypes towards race, and feeling obliged to make fun of yourself to fit in. Girls who say the need a gay BFF, yet "omg she's a lesbian...hope she doesn't hit on me" When guys ask lesbians how girl sex works? Something is wrong if you don't know how girl sex works. if you think you just simply penetrating her will make her have a orgasm, maybe you should realize you're not having actual sex. When people get mad at me for listening to "illiterate music" Stop. I read poetry because I like words, I listen to music So I can feel a beat and listen to their words. It's not all about lyrics.

millions of other things
    "I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."
    -Oscar Wilde

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Deliberate rudeness. Unabashed manipulation of others. Lack of remorse or desire to fix what's broken, even when confronted. Lack of thoughtfulness when thoughtfulness is called for. Hypocrisy.

Also, "Things Being Done WRONG", generally speaking.

Edit: A guaranteed way to get me to snap at you, is to keep doing something even when I ask you to stop. But that falls into the "inconsiderate" and "deliberate rudeness" categories. And regarding cultural things, I subscribe to the "benign violation" theory of humor -- so if I find a joke to be threatening, or if it hits too close to home, I won't think it's funny.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by labyrinth_perhaps View Post
    Racist assholes, "I love black people, doesn't mean I'll date one" Fat shamers, "Ewww, why would I ever date a fat girl, how can you do that to yourself? that's just unhealthy" *works out at least three times a week, eats healthy, and has been fat my whole life* People who shit on any form of activism during a conversation, "what are you an philosopher?" "No, I just don't think self harm/racist jokes are funny" "ohhh you tumblr girl" "No, it's just common sense". And yeah people who get offended over petty issues, and just want to argue. I mean very petty issues. For example: my friend gets harassed by this one girl for being white and having dreads, saying she doesn't understand "African american culture" People who assume all gay guys are flamboyant and feminine, people who assume all lesbians are biker chicks and masculine. Stereotypes towards race, and feeling obliged to make fun of yourself to fit in. Girls who say the need a gay BFF, yet "omg she's a lesbian...hope she doesn't hit on me" When guys ask lesbians how girl sex works? Something is wrong if you don't know how girl sex works. if you think you just simply penetrating her will make her have a orgasm, maybe you should realize you're not having actual sex. When people get mad at me for listening to "illiterate music" Stop. I read poetry because I like words, I listen to music So I can feel a beat and listen to their words. It's not all about lyrics.

millions of other things
    also alla that.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    InFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

- When people act like they deserve a humanitarian award for normal human decency.
    - When people think their way of life is superior to everyone else's and that they're doing you a favor by trying to make you more like them.
    - When people act with no regard for others' well-being.

How I handle being offended: I don't say anything and then emphatically complain about whatever offended me to someone else. Which is a pretty offensive and annoying habit.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I get offended when I'm joking around about something dumb, and people take it seriously and get mad at me for it. I guess it's my fault because it could be the way I say things, but it does make me feel misunderstood. I usually try to make it obvious when I joke around because I make my voice higher, and talk faster. But then it also offends me when I'm trying to be serious and nobody takes me seriously.

Permabanned

People who are mean are offensive to me.

So much so that if I perceive someone slighting me...I can be pretty cutting with my words.

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

It's really hard for me to get offended.

Don't talk shit about my dad, don't talk shit about my car, don't talk shit about my dog.

Also, I get upset when I'm left out of things.

I always make sure I don't leave people out. And I expect the same.

But, I don't mind offensive humor, and I don't let assholes that don't know me affect me. I don't let other people have that kind of control over me.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12