User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: BS study saying how selfies lead to mental illness

garbage

There doesn't appear to be a study here; just some statements by those in the psych field.

But on the topic of selfies.. do other people tend to give a damn about others' selfies? I'm curious; I actually don't know the answer to that one.

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy Array Comeback Girl's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    yolo Ni

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    But I love food and am very interested in it.
    Wow. That's depressing.
    Ewww is the new sexy

Hi! Ask me things, maybe I'll answer them! Just click here

And here's my functions: Se-Te-Fi-Fe-Ni-Ti-Ne-Si

failed poetry slam career Array chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Comeback Girl View Post
    Wow. That's depressing.
    Only because you can't pick up weight. Stop projecting. Foodies FTW!

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by garbage View Post
    There doesn't appear to be a study here; just some statements by those in the psych field.

But on the topic of selfies.. do other people tend to give a damn about others' selfies? I'm curious; I actually don't know the answer to that one.
    I think basic bitches do inorder to make fun of the person
    by @magpie

we...eellll....

<----

Blood of the Exile Array Animal's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Se

It's like saying Marilyn Manson caused Columbine because the kid who murdered a bunch of people happened to like Marilyn Manson.

A psychotic, obsessed, anorexic or depressed person can find anything to obsess over, to fuel the problem.

That being said, the list of selfies on the bottom of that article made me laugh. The selfie culture is a bit overboard and sometimes hilarious. I'm not above the occasional selfie, but those duck-face things and half-naked selfies are just hilarious. Makes me wonder what kind of pictures I might have taken if we had cell phones when I was 16.
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISFP ~ ESI-Se

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    It's like saying Marilyn Manson caused Columbine because the kid who murdered a bunch of people happened to like Marilyn Manson.

A psychotic, obsessed, anorexic or depressed person can find anything to obsess over, to fuel the problem.

That being said, the list of selfies on the bottom of that article made me laugh. The selfie culture is a bit overboard and sometimes hilarious. I'm not above the occasional selfie, but those duck-face things and half-naked selfies are just hilarious. Makes me wonder what kind of pictures I might have taken if we had cell phones when I was 16.
    I take selfies to show off a new outfit I like (which is rare) I don't look good in pictures, I don't even like having my picture taken by other people
    by @magpie

Blood of the Exile Array Animal's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Se

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I take selfies to show off a new outfit I like (which is rare) I don't look good in pictures, I don't even like having my picture taken by other people
    I am a photographer and have done lots of self-portrait work, even portraits of myself twice, dressed as two alter-egos in the same photo. I love taking pictures of other people too. The selfie thing.. doesn't cut it for me artistically, but it has its place in the sense of 'immediacy' that it offers. I signed up for instagram very recently and I am enjoying posting pictures of the outdoors with borders around them. It's not the same as taking photos with a good camera and developing them in a darkroom or .. a great digital camera and photoshop. But it's a snapshot to show your friends something beautiful you are experiencing. Or like you said - a new outfit, an expression on your face, whatever.
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISFP ~ ESI-Se

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    I am a photographer and have done lots of self-portrait work, even portraits of myself twice, dressed as two alter-egos in the same photo. I love taking pictures of other people too. The selfie thing.. doesn't cut it for me artistically, but it has its place in the sense of 'immediacy' that it offers. I signed up for instagram very recently and I am enjoying posting pictures of the outdoors with borders around them. It's not the same as taking photos with a good camera and developing them in a darkroom or .. a great digital camera and photoshop. But it's a snapshot to show your friends something beautiful you are experiencing. Or like you said - a new outfit, an expression on your face, whatever.
    small dark places terrify me and I feel like I'm going to die and be trapped for ever.
    by @magpie

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Comeback Girl View Post
    Wow. That's depressing.
    How is me loving something depressing? Do you have issues with food?