User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which would you rather be?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Psychopath

13 52.00%
  • Narcissist

12 48.00%
First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

I imagine life as a psychopath would be very flat, and life as a narcissist would be very inconsistent. The two do overlap some, though, maybe without the dependence usually associated with narcissism.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

being a psychopath is fun but horribly black and white

psychopaths can't feel a thing, I'd rather be a narcissist

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Yeah, psychopathy is literally the go-to word for people to describe horrid people and situations. There's a reason we equate it on colloquial language with such negative contexts--being a genuine psychopath sucks. Psychopathic breakdowns are just.. painful to watch happen to others. There's such a huge disparity between normal social behavior and psychopathic mentalities. It's an entirely different realm.

However, I've dealt more with the other flavor of the what-if-question. I'd much rather be so narcissistic.. Not because it's any better.. but because there could be a connection to people in the process--an outlet of SOME sort, some motivator to become normal and maintain it.. there's a safety net there of caring about other peoples' opinions. My disorder would probably be out in the open far sooner--it's easier to call someone a narcissist and call them out on it. People are far more hesitant to try to self-diagnose psychopaths as being what they truly are.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Yeah, psychopathy is literally the go-to word for people to describe horrid people and situations. There's a reason we equate it on colloquial language with such negative contexts--being a genuine psychopath sucks. Psychopathic breakdowns are just.. painful to watch happen to others. There's such a huge disparity between normal social behavior and psychopathic mentalities. It's an entirely different realm.

However, I've dealt more with the other flavor of the what-if-question. I'd much rather be so narcissistic.. Not because it's any better.. but because there could be a connection to people in the process--an outlet of SOME sort, some motivator to become normal and maintain it.. there's a safety net there of caring about other peoples' opinions. My disorder would probably be out in the open far sooner--it's easier to call someone a narcissist and call them out on it. People are far more hesitant to try to self-diagnose psychopaths as being what they truly are.
    Good points. My hypothesis was that most people here would vote in favor of psychopathy, even though narcissism bares a closer likeness to the psyche of an "average" individual.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

narcissist (which is probably a good thing, cuz I didn't get much of a choice in the matter lol)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I think I would have a very hard time being either one. I knew a person once who suffered from NPD and she was an awful person - very charming but very destructive and harmful to others they were around. Both seem terrible to me.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

I chose narcisist. I hate them- but I feel they are just hopelessly annoying versus psychopaths who leave much damage in their paths.
    It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ~e.e. cummings

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

MBTI
    ENFx
    Enneagram
    732 so

I chose psychopath because as long as I had a sense of ethical direction, I could be like some unfearing psychopath.
    Narcissism seems to imply that I would rather be admired than have any direction, so I'd rather my lack of emotion went towards the right direction because I'm feeling right now and if I stopped feeling I at least appointed the direction and I'd make sure I went the right road like a torpedo, least my feelings at this moment fired that gun.

I wouldn't choose either though and I won't, I'd rather feel me and "me" isn't a narcissist or psychopath.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

I used to want to be a psychopath. I don't anymore - I am happier overall when I'm more vulnerable, even though its painful.

I am already a little narcissistic. I would not want to be more narcissistic, but I've been close with a narcissist who is .. while difficult and annoying.. still a person who inspires me.. so I guess it's not that bad.
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se