User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you have a mental illness/substance abuse/or both

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have a substance abuse problem

    0 0%
  • I have a mental illness

    6 26.09%
  • I have both a substance abuse problem and a mental illness

    1 4.35%
  • i have neither

    10 43.48%
  • "I have a mental illness and I use drugs recreationally but I do not have a substance abuse problem

    3 13.04%
  • "I use drugs recreationally but I do not have a substance abuse problem

    3 13.04%
First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 39

  1. #21
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,772

    Default

    I wish people who explain why they voted for what they voted for.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  2. #22
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I wish people who explain why they voted for what they voted for.
    I voted for the 4th option.

  3. #23
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,772

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I voted for the 4th option.
    I guess that one doesn't really need an explanation
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  4. #24
    Vulnerability Eilonwy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so
    Posts
    6,172

    Default

    I voted that I have neither. Any mental illness would be self-diagnosed, so it doesn't count, though I'm sure I'm depressed. I stopped drinking in my 20's when I had one drink and then threw up all the next day--there's something in alcohol that my body can't tolerate. Never tried any illegal substances--when and where I grew up, beer was the substance of choice.
    Johari / Nohari

    “That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

    reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

  5. #25
    Temporal Mechanic. Lexicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,716

    Default

    Explaining my vote:

    I voted that "I have a mental illness" (several diagnoses: ADHD [if that counts], PTSD, & recovered from anorexia nervosa, still struggle w/body image issues).
    I do not have a substance abuse problem.

    I have in the past experimented with drugs, but never developed an addiction. Stepped away when I felt dependence trying to worm its way in.

    I very infrequently participate in social drinking, as far as recreational substance use goes. Maybe a few drinks in one night every few months.
    I use cannabis explicitly for migraines when Rx medicines fail (it works), so I don't count that. I don't enjoy the high derived from THC, it just makes me tired as hell.

    I have 1-2 cups of coffee a day, max. Used to drink almost a whole pot a day up until 2010. I don't get headaches or any withdrawal symptoms when I've run out of coffee, but I definitely used to when I drank a lot more.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!



    04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

    02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

    03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

  6. #26
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,772

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eilonwy View Post
    I voted that I have neither. Any mental illness would be self-diagnosed, so it doesn't count, though I'm sure I'm depressed. I stopped drinking in my 20's when I had one drink and then threw up all the next day--there's something in alcohol that my body can't tolerate. Never tried any illegal substances--when and where I grew up, beer was the substance of choice.
    Yeah self dianosing is bad news. I was on wikipedia and reading about cognitive problems, and managed to convince myself I had a brain lesion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Explaining my vote:

    I voted that "I have a mental illness" (several diagnoses: ADHD [if that counts], PTSD, & recovered from anorexia nervosa, still struggle w/body image issues).
    I do not have a substance abuse problem.

    I have in the past experimented with drugs, but never developed an addiction. Stepped away when I felt dependence trying to worm its way in.

    I very infrequently participate in social drinking, as far as recreational substance use goes. Maybe a few drinks in one night every few months.
    I use cannabis explicitly for migraines when Rx medicines fail (it works), so I don't count that. I don't enjoy the high derived from THC, it just makes me tired as hell.

    I have 1-2 cups of coffee a day, max. Used to drink almost a whole pot a day up until 2010. I don't get headaches or any withdrawal symptoms when I've run out of coffee, but I definitely used to when I drank a lot more.
    I wasn't counting coffee.and yes ADHD counts. I just don't want people to take online quizzes and say they have a disorder, when they don't/haven't been diagnosed professionally
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  7. #27
    Temporal Mechanic. Lexicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I wasn't counting coffee.
    Wasn't sure if you were, but it's technically a substance people can get dependent on.. I'm just being pedantic now, don't mind me.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!



    04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

    02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

    03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

  8. #28
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,428

    Default

    Discounting a past phase of situational depression and behavioral (almost?-)addiction, I'm neurotypical and I abuse no substances. So: 4th option
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  9. #29
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,772
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  10. #30
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I guess that one doesn't really need an explanation
    lol actually I chose the last option, unless ADHD counts as a mental illness.

Similar Threads

  1. Social contexts and mental health/illness
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-09-2013, 12:11 PM
  2. Poll on Ideology and Climate change
    By Blackmail! in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 03-06-2010, 07:23 AM
  3. The effect of MMORPGs on your mental health
    By entropie in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-20-2010, 05:10 PM
  4. Substance abuse/brain damage and MBTI
    By attetude in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-28-2009, 04:57 PM
  5. Substance Abuse Problems in Parents
    By GZA in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-02-2008, 01:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO